Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Animal Control ignoring the public
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trueblue wrote:
Does anyone know the hours Animal Control is supposed to be working?? A terrible hing happened the other day, a neighbor of mine saw a cat get hit by a car and it was really hurt and suffering. She called Animal Control around 9pm (it was a Sunday) and they never came, she waited for about two hours. They also had her phone number cos the police took it but they never called. The poor cat never received vet care and really suffered!! I think this is terrible. They finally came the next day but the cat had already died a painful death.

trueblue, I work for the Director of Health and Human services and Animal Control is one of the divisions of Health and Human Services. Please call our office at 201-547-4888 or me directly at 201-547-5507. I would like to speak with you regarding this. Sunday is covered by an outside vendor for the city. I posted this information in a reply to another post above. No matter who is doing the service, no call should go unanswered. When they cannot locate the animal they must call back the person who called in the complaint.

We require our Animal Control Officers to call back the person who called in a complaint when they can't find the animal. This is why we ask for a phone number. We recently asked LHS to adopt this same policy as a standard protocol when doing our Animal Control runs. This "Best Practices" policy has cut down these types of complaints by close to 99% and when we do get complaints it's only when a wrong number or when no call back number is provided.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatsnDogs wrote:
I believe Liberty Humane Society is paid to do animal control for Jersey City after hours during the week and on weekends. State regulations mandate 24/7 animal control.

Mon-Fri: 8:00am to 4pm (non holiday or furlough)
CALL: 201-547-4888 and they will dispatch a Jersey City Animal Control Officer for any animal related complaint.

Mon- Fri: 4pm to 11pm (non holiday or furlough)
(Jersey City Animal Control 2nd shift)
CALL: 201-547-5477 and they will dispatch a Jersey City Animal Control Officer for any animal related complaint.

After-hours calls 11pm to 8am Monday -Friday (non holiday or furlough) CALL: 201-547-5477 and they will dispatch a Jersey City Animal Control Officer for animal related emergencies only.

WEEKENDS, CITY HOLIDAYS AND FURLOUGH DAYS ARE COVERED BY: Liberty Humane Society (LHS) is an outside agency contracted to provide animal control-services for The of City of Jersey City on all weekends, holidays and furloughs only. They are not permitted to take any calls outside of their contractual agreement.

Any calls outside of these hours (WEEKENDS, CITY HOLIDAYS AND FURLOUGH DAYS) are covered by the City of Jersey City Animal Control Officers only.

The only calls that we respond to on Holidays, Weekends, Furloughs and Over night (After Hours) are:

< Calls and complaints from the public concerning lost, stray, injured, animals in distress, suspect rabid wild, domestic animals and vicious dogs.

< Capture: of any stray domestic animals, as well as wild animal rabies vectors (i.e., raccoons, skunks, groundhog, foxes, and bats) threatening the safety and health of residents.

Note: Response to and capture of nuisance wildlife that are not threatening humans (i.e., healthy appearing raccoons in garbage cans, squirrels in attics, etc.) are NOT considered necessary services for municipal animal control to provide."

In basic terms:

< Any animal (domestic or wildlife) that is injured or sick or in distress. If a call comes from a constituent and it's regarding their pet let the Animal Control Officer determine if he/she will respond.

< Any stray dog

< Any animal (domestic or wildlife) that poses a threat to the public

< Any wildlife (not mice or rats) that is in a living quarters.

< Any dead dog or cat.

< Any call from JCPD/JCFD asking for an Animal Control assistance

< Any call from Hudson County Sheriff?s Office and the New Jersey Port Authority Police asking for Animal Control assistance within our city limits.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I believe Liberty Humane Society is paid to do animal control for Jersey City after hours during the week and on weekends. State regulations mandate 24/7 animal control.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Animal Control would / should have a designated staff on call after hours.
I guess because JC is poor and laying off staff, their is no over-time or call out time that can be paid to staff still there.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 22:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Animal Control ignoring the public

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/27 14:50
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know the hours Animal Control is supposed to be working?? A terrible hing happened the other day, a neighbor of mine saw a cat get hit by a car and it was really hurt and suffering. She called Animal Control around 9pm (it was a Sunday) and they never came, she waited for about two hours. They also had her phone number cos the police took it but they never called. The poor cat never received vet care and really suffered!! I think this is terrible. They finally came the next day but the cat had already died a painful death.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 21:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017