Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Public hearings on the budget for each city department, starting today
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Most meetings start at 5pm.

Unlike some on the Council who can come and go as they please, I actually have to BE at my job until 5.

Posted on: 2010/3/13 1:47

Re: Public hearings on the budget for each city department, starting today
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/25 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone participating in the tax revolt attended these meetings?
If we're interested in making changes, like budget reform and forging an ethics based Jersey City government (I know, ha ha), we should try to attend, just as we've attended the council meetings.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 23:51

Public hearings on the budget for each city department, starting today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
PUBLIC WELCOME
Jersey-City holding public hearings on the budget for each city department, starting today

Monday, March 08, 2010

The Jersey City City Council is conducting a series of departmental budget hearings open to the public starting today.

Department heads will meet with council members to discuss the budgets for their departments for the current fiscal year, which ends June 30.

The council held a public hearing on the proposed budget last month, which officials said could hike taxes by $650 for the owner of a home assessed at $100,000. But the administration is still seeking to make cuts.

All of the hearings will be held in the Efrain Rosario Caucus Room on the second floor of City Hall, 280 Grove St.

The Department of Health and Human Services hearing will be held today at 5 p.m., followed by the City Clerk and Municipal Council hearing during the council's caucus meeting at 5:30 p.m.

The hearing for the Department of Fire and Emergency Services is scheduled for Thursday at 5 p.m.

The Police Department is March 15 at 5 p.m. followed by the Law Department at 5:45 p.m.

The Department of Housing, Economic Development and Commerce is March 16 at 5 p.m. followed by Administration at 5:45 p.m.

The last day of hearings is March 18 with Public Works at 5 p.m. and Recreation at 5:45 p.m.

MELISSA HAYES

Posted on: 2010/3/8 12:08

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017