Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Retail in Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gordonh wrote:
Smith and Chang: I went in this weekend. They have housewares, vintage and new stuff. They didn't have everything priced yet and they said more stuff was coming in soon. They have some nice things. The furniture is also for sale (except the dining tables that I wanted). It could be a good place for gifts, too.

Any chance the table you were eyeing was the one with the driftwood legs and matching benches? I was ogling those beauties!

I was really impressed with their mix of objects. Too bad they didn't open 2 weeks ago when I was scrambling for unique gifts.

Posted on: 2010/1/6 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
There will be a restaurant and a furniture boutique in Hamilton Square. There is supposed to be an Italian Restaurant opening next to Basic. There was one there a few years ago and then a raw bar but neither one did that well. Hamilton Inn should be opening anyday now. There is also a GIANT MALL just 3 blocks away.

Any idea what type of restaurant in Hamilton Square?

The head of sales there, Sawyer, told me but I can't remember! Sorry! Doh!

Posted on: 2010/1/5 23:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Smith and Chang: I went in this weekend. They have housewares, vintage and new stuff. They didn't have everything priced yet and they said more stuff was coming in soon. They have some nice things. The furniture is also for sale (except the dining tables that I wanted). It could be a good place for gifts, too.

The housewares place on Montgomery/Grove didn't do so well. I hope these guys do better.

Posted on: 2010/1/5 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/26 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
I walked by there today and there is a home furnishings store, Chang & ?? (I forget the other name). It looks to be open already. It looked like a small version of Crate & Barrel with eclectic decor items. I didn't have time to go in but I will soon.

Posted on: 2010/1/5 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I saw this on the HS web site from Feb 2008?someone must know who the retailers are..right? Give them a call.

"In addition to the sales pace, nearly 100% of the 28,000 square feet of ground floor retail space at Hamilton Square is now leased. Tenants include a wide array of boutique shops and services, such as an Equinox style gym, restaurant and bar, noodle shop, bakery, wine shop, ice cream parlor, bike store, pharmacy and a bank branch."

Saint Francis Hospital and the old Medical Center are way too creepy to live in?.. too many ghosts!!!!(my grandmother died in St. Francis if you see her please say hello for me)

Posted on: 2010/1/5 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
There will be a restaurant and a furniture boutique in Hamilton Square. There is supposed to be an Italian Restaurant opening next to Basic. There was one there a few years ago and then a raw bar but neither one did that well. Hamilton Inn should be opening anyday now. There is also a GIANT MALL just 3 blocks away.

Any idea what type of restaurant in Hamilton Square?

Posted on: 2010/1/5 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/1/5 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I seems that there isn't enough retail all around, and there is so much retail space laying vacant waiting to be rented. This is especiallly true for the space in the new buildings. Are the landlords just asking too much money for rent? Theoretically, with such a surplus of space it should be pretty cheap.

Posted on: 2010/1/5 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I believe Hamilton Park has long been mostly a residential neighborhood--more residential than some other downtown JC neighborhoods--so it has never had a lot of retail around it, at least not in recent years. That said, the area has lost a few of its restaurants (hopefully temporarily) and does seem to be rather light on services, except delis. All I know about Hamilton Square is that there will be a gym and some sort of boutique called Smith and Changs. I hope there will also be a restaurant. At one point there was talk of a noodle shop, but that was a long time ago.

Posted on: 2010/1/5 17:13

Retail in Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
How come there seems to be so little?

Not much of a choice of restaurants, bars, or retail.

What type of place will open next door to Basic?

What type of retail can we expect to open on the ground floor of Hamilton Square?

Posted on: 2010/1/5 16:32

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017