Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: FREE Ecosystems Adventure for JC Teachers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for posting this! I passed along to one of my son's teachers and he has been accepted to this program.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 20:01

FREE Ecosystems Adventure for JC Teachers

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/2 21:37
Group:
Registered Users
The New Jersey Audubon Society (NJAS) and Honeywell are offering scholarships for the second annual Honeywell Institute for Ecosystems Education to Hudson and Bergen County middle and highschool science and social studies teachers.

Registrations are due by JUNE 5, 2009. Teachers who are interested in applying can visit www.njaudubon.com/Education/Summerinstitute.html or call (609) 861-0700 x13.

The Honeywell Institute for Ecosystems Education is a one-week (August 17 ? 21, 2009) summer institute, which combines classroom instruction with diverse outdoor experiences at sites throughout the Hackensack watershed.

During the program, teachers will explore forested and field habitats, take an eco-cruise through the Hackensack River, and seine in freshwater streams and tidal salt marshes with environmental educators and naturalists. The experiences will help teachers transform textbook curriculum into hands-on lessons that offer students a ?learning-by-doing? approach to geology, watershed dynamics, habitat health, land use and human-ecosystems dependencies.

Participating teachers receive free tuition, classroom materials, a stipend and professional development credit.

Posted on: 2009/6/2 21:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017