Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City cop's gun stolen from home safe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Yea, sounds like bullshit to me - burgler went straight to the safe knowing where the keys were and took the gun. I wonder who the witnesses were and why they didn't call the cops quickly enough.

I wonder what a private gun owner would have to deal with if they were so careless/unfortunate.
Quote:

Original201 wrote:
It sounds as if the burglar went straight for the keys and then the gun. I wonder if this crook was there just to target the gun or if the cop left his service weapon somewhere and reported it stolen before it gets used in a crime by the person that found or stole it from a place it shouldn't have been left.

It would be nice if the Jersey Journal mentioned if anything else was stolen besides the glock, holster and ammo.

Posted on: 2008/10/27 0:19

Re: Jersey City cop's gun stolen from home safe

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/4 2:21
Group:
Registered Users
It sounds as if the burglar went straight for the keys and then the gun. I wonder if this crook was there just to target the gun or if the cop left his service weapon somewhere and reported it stolen before it gets used in a crime by the person that found or stole it from a place it shouldn't have been left.

It would be nice if the Jersey Journal mentioned if anything else was stolen besides the glock, holster and ammo.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 21:52

Jersey City cop's gun stolen from home safe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Cop's gun stolen from home safe
Saturday, October 25, 2008
By JACOB KAMARAS
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City cop's gun was stolen when his Woodbridge home was ransacked Wednesday afternoon, Woodbridge police said.

The burglar, described by witnesses as a dark-haired man in his mid-to-late 20s, entered the house about 1 p.m. and found keys to two safes in a closet, then opened one safe and removed what the cop called his "duty weapon" - a 45-caliber Glock 30 - according to the police report.

A 13-round clip and a holster were also taken from the safe.

The police are taking extra measures to retrieve the gun, but not because it belongs to a cop.

Officers perform more canvassing and investigations than usual when they know that a missing gun is involved, Woodbridge Lt. Dave Bobal said.

"We do extra work because a weapon was stolen, it doesn't matter if it was a cop's gun or a citizen's gun," he said.

Jersey City spokesman Stan Eason said the cop did not need a new weapon because all of the city's police officers have backup guns.

Woodbridge police refused to identify the Jersey City officer, and Eason declined to disclose his name, saying the incident is being handled by the Woodbridge police.

Posted on: 2008/10/26 0:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017