Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dedicated Public Servant Takes Plunge for Evidence
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/9 18:02
From The Little Italy Section (Back Then)
Group:
Registered Users
It's great that the woman took the action she did. But it takes more than just the woman calling, the police need to respond fast and this is what appears to have happened in this case.

I've called JCPD for people breaking into cars only to see the police arrive 30-60 minutes later. That does not work and I understand that some things are more important to respond to first, but hers is the exception.

Lets hope this happens more often.

Posted on: 2007/2/12 5:24

Dedicated Public Servant Takes Plunge for Evidence
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Who says there is no dedication left in public service? Unamed cop makes major sacrifice to nab suspect. The tale of the slippery screwdriver:

Heights woman's tip leads to burglary suspects' arrests
Friday, February 09, 2007
By ALI WINSTON
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER
Two burglary suspects were arrested thanks to the vigilance of a Jersey City Heights woman, police said.

The resident noticed Daniel Martinez, 36, of Sterling Avenue, and Jose Vargas, 38, of Country Village Road, had been going door-to-door in the area of Hutton Street and Kennedy Boulevard. The two men appeared to be casing houses, ringing door bells and looking in windows, police said.

After getting the tip, undercover cops watched Martinez and Vargas as they continued checking out houses. At one point, cops said, Martinez tried to enter a Columbia Avenue home while Vargas acted as his lookout, but both men fled after Vargas set off an alarm, police said.

Police then checked on the house and noticed a glass pane in the door - which was still ajar - had been smashed. A woman inside the home told cops she'd heard the glass shatter and was still terrified, reports said.

Meanwhile, other cops approached Martinez and Vargas. Martinez surrendered without a struggle, but Vargas ran into a portable toilet and threw a long screwdriver into the bowl. Cops arrested him, reports said, and the screwdriver was recovered, along with a boxcutter.

Both men are charged with burglary, conspiracy and possession of burglary tools. Vargas also is charged with resisting arrest.

-M

Posted on: 2007/2/10 18:27
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017