Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 170

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: fire suppression system or fire sprinkler system

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/1 2:44
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
who normally sets up the inspections? is it the fire dept? or the residence that will need to initiate these inspections? i was told that if we dont pass our inspection, that we will get evicted until the issue is fix. how does the city know if you failed inspection or not?

Posted on: 2014/11/24 23:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
If you're feeling brave, you could request an inspection from the city fire inspector.

Posted on: 2014/11/23 5:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/11 18:46
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Building codes governing the installation and maintenance of sprinkler systems are complex and extensive. Hard to say what the exact requirements for your building are without knowing the specifics of the situation. Perhaps you've already done this but I would definitely consult with a fire protection engineer prior to doing any work on the system. In fact any modification or work to the existing sprinkler system will require an engineer's sign off and it would be advisable to bring someone in to properly assess the problem early on. Definitely don't rely solely on the word of a contractor.

Posted on: 2014/11/23 1:06

fire suppression system or fire sprinkler system

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/1 2:44
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
can someone tell me what the law/code are in place in jersey city as far as requiring homes to have a fire suppression or fire sprinkler system? we have one in our building that was put in place years ago (maybe 5 to 7 yrs ago). it seems were due for an inspection and is failing because we suspect the water pressure coming into our building is too low. we were quoted somewhere between 45k to 50k for excavation work that will clear up some debris and increase water pressure coming into our building. if anyone has any experience on this and dont mind sharing, that will be great. thanks in advance to all.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 17:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017