Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mayor Fulop's Quality of Life Survey Available Online
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

I'm a manager in a NYC city agency, and invariably surveys to assess public perceptions of any agency, it's policies and initiatives, are conducted by the city government itself.

When done well, this enables the government agency to control the questions in an effective way, i.e. avoid it becoming a forum for complaints, and instead have questions focus on specific tasks, initiatives, etc. that are in their power to control and fix.

This is a terrible survey, as there no specifics that we can comment on really. I responded to it anyway, to try and make Mayor Fulop aware of how overlooked the Heights really is.

My thoughts exactly. I'm a research manager and spend my day designing studies, writing surveys, and running/interpreting analyses. This is mostly for Fortune 500 companies, but I've done a fair amount of public policy research as well. This survey is crap and is not designed to identify service gaps or actionable solutions.

Like you, I plan to respond only because city services and governmental responsiveness in my neighborhood (Lafayette) have been an afterthought at best for both the Healy and Fulop administrations. I'm not expecting a thing to come of it.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In order to be credible, this survey should be evaluated by a third party or it is equivalent of a "student marking his own test paper."

I'm a manager in a NYC city agency, and invariably surveys to assess public perceptions of any agency, it's policies and initiatives, are conducted by the city government itself.

When done well, this enables the government agency to control the questions in an effective way, i.e. avoid it becoming a forum for complaints, and instead have questions focus on specific tasks, initiatives, etc. that are in their power to control and fix.

This is a terrible survey, as there no specifics that we can comment on really. I responded to it anyway, to try and make Mayor Fulop aware of how overlooked the Heights really is.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
You ask interesting questions, Atushi, it is similar to questions I have been asking for a long time. First there has been no traffic study done since the 1980s, it is not required when I ask. Downtown faces several issues, the flooding, the lack of open space, exception of Van Vorst Park, and the severe lack of parking that face older buildings. If you add the tunnel traffic and the overcrowding of the PATH, then government is killing the golden goose.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 17:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Generally speaking, I haven't seen anything particularly negative with what Mr. Fulop has or has not done (it could be due to my ignorance; I admit). My wife and I live in Van Vorst Park neighborhood, and we feel really safe. We love walking around downtown and trying new restaurants and coffee shops, etc. And things are definitely happening here, which we like. We are sometimes amazed to learn so many rental units are being built here, and thoughts do occur as how this would affect the quality of life here. (Do we really have adequate infrastructure to support such population increase?)

If we have kids to send to public school or if we live in another neighborhood in the city, we may have different opinions about his performance. But I'm generally happy with him being the mayor.

I hope he would remain our mayor for a few more years before he pursues a higher office.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This survey is bull$hit, am I an excellent mayor or a fantastic mayor? LMAO!!! Who put this together?

Posted on: 2014/8/15 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
A survey like this is not some test to be passed. It's research, a chance to find out what the folks who aren't constantly commenting on every single thing the city does think.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So no one can ask a simple question, rescue without a life? Even municipal elections are not counted by the people running for office. Are you afraid common sense will prevail? Do you think Fulop will give himself less than a passing grade especially since he is paying for this survey out of his personal warchest?

Posted on: 2014/8/15 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In order to be credible, this survey should be evaluated by a third party or it is equivalent of a "student marking his own test paper."

Are you ever happy? Are you ever satisfied? Would you prefer City Hall did like every other municipality and just didn't bother sending this out? I know he's not your preferred Christian right-winger, but come on!

I can tell you for a fact a whole team of people are going to go through every single response they receive and then create action items based on said responses.

I understand an unstable mind can create irrational obsession, but seriously- if Mayor Fulop cured cancer you would find a reason to complain about it.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/15 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
-- He's not Healy.
-- He hasn't been arrested by the FBI in a corruption probe, yet.
-- He seems to be trying.

-- Gave away the Lowes Theatre.
-- Spent more time trying to get to Washington than walking the streets of Jersey City.
-- Acted like Chris Christie with the Port Terminal debacle.
-- Hasn't treated Black people with respect especially with his handling of the Lawrence Campbell incident.
-- Hired McGreevey
-- Hasn't supported the ban on tourist helicopters that create unbearable noise along our waterfront.
-- Hasn't done enough to improve our schools.
-- Hasn't done anything to make living more affordable here.
-- Hasn't done anything about our air quality.
-- Hasn't reduced traffic on our streets.
-- Hasn't addressed flooding issues downtown.
-- Hasn't improved public transportation
-- Hasn't made any new parks or improved our greenspace.

I may be wrong on the facts, but that's my perception.

Posted on: 2014/8/15 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
'How'm I doin'?' Jersey City mayor asks in mailer

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on August 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM

If you live in Jersey City, you may have received a mailer recently from Mayor Steve Fulop asking for your thoughts on his administration.

The mailer, which has "not paid for at taxpayer expense" written in capital letters just below the address line, asks residents to rate the mayor and City Council, as well as the city's performance on a host of issues.

It also asks for feedback on the best and worst things Fulop has done since becoming mayor last July. It includes a paragraph listing what Fulop believes are his accomplishments, including "hiring 80 new police officers" and "expanding youth employment and recreation."

If you haven't received the mailer, you can fill out an online version. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MayorFulopQualityofLifeSurvey

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... sidents.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/8/14 16:00

Mayor Fulop's Quality of Life Survey Available Online
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Here's the content of the survey:

Available to take online here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MayorFulopQualityofLifeSurvey

Dear Jersey City Resident,

This year the administration introduced a budget with a 2.1 percent tax decrease. My office worked tirelessly toward financial responsibility and still provided city services, learning to do more with less. We have taken significant steps forward on initiatives of importance to moving the City forward. From a massive $6 million investment in parks this year, to hiring 80 new police officers, to expanding youth employment and recreation, to starting the first construction projects in Journal Square in decades - my first year in office has been both personally and professionally rewarding. I am thankful every single day that you gave me this opportunity.
But there is still more work to be done and we have much more planned for the coming year. With that in mind, it is important to me that I take a different approach of most elected officials and ask you for your feedback on performance over the last year as well as your feedback on what I can be doing to improve next year. Your input is important to me as it is the only way I will continue to get better and be able to best improve Jersey City services. I really do view this job as a partnership between you and me.

Sincerely,
Steven M Fulop,
Mayor

1. Please rate the following city departments and services (5 is excellent, 1 is unacceptable)

Mayor Fulop

City Council

Police Department

Traffic and Street Lighting

Fire Department

Resident Response Center

Parks and Forestry

Garbage Collection

Parking Authority

Road Repaving

Recreation

Senior Affairs

Health Services

Jersey City Affordablility

2. Do you feel the city is on the right track or
wrong track

3. What do you feel is the BEST thing Mayor Fulop has done in his first year in office?

4. What do you feel is the WORST thing Mayor Fulop has done in his first year in office?

5. Would you like to receive a response from Mayor Fulop?

6. Let us know how to reach you

Posted on: 2014/8/14 15:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017