Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NJ Home Bakers May Soon Be Able to Sell to Public w/o a Commercial Kitchen
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
maybe i was wrong..perhaps the owner of that food truck should have his license revoked permanently!

Posted on: 2014/5/23 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
7/5 23:54
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
They tried but failed. Health inspectors shut them down.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/01/post_59.html

Posted on: 2014/5/23 12:51
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
warn the public of the risk and label the products as "home cooked" and be done with it

Posted on: 2014/5/23 6:37

NJ Home Bakers May Soon Be Able to Sell to Public w/o a Commercial Kitchen
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
(I'm kind of torn on this. I make a mean loaf of bread and would love to sell at local markets. But I understand the importance to public health from using an approved commercial kitchen while also being educated on food handling. Proper food labeling to prevent allergic reactions is also essential. It's an interesting development for smaller home bakers.)

NJ Assembly approves bill to allow home bakers to sell to public
From the Star Ledger

A bill that would allow the sale of home-baked goods at such places as craft shows, fairs, farmers? markets and roadside stands was unanimously approved today by the state Assembly.

?In today?s difficult economy, it?s important that we look for opportunities to help people supplement their incomes,? said bill sponsor Assemblyman Alison McHose, (R-Sussex).

?This is a simple, common sense solution as it will allow individuals to earn extra money through the sale of their home-baked goods ? without incurring significant overhead costs,? she said.

Under current law, all home-baked goods that are offered for sale to the public must be made at a commercial kitchen that has been subject to inspection by the state Department of Health and Senior Services.

McHose?s bill, A-1244, would allow cottage food operators to sell such foods as bread, rolls, cakes, pies, cookies and pastries to the public without having to prepare them at a state-approved kitchen.

The bill would only require home bakers to post a "clearly visible placard" at the point of sale, advising consumers that the food was prepared in a kitchen in a private home and not subject to department of health inspection.

The sale of foods that require refrigeration or require additional cooking after purchase would be prohibited under the bill.

Article from the Star Ledger

Posted on: 2014/5/23 2:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017