Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
157 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City makes three promotions; city's B.A. will live outside city
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Will Kakoleski get a city car or driver to shuttle him to and fro Monmouth County to JC??

Posted on: 2014/3/21 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
Jersey City makes three promotions; city's B.A. will live outside city

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
March 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Jersey City announced today it has promoted two acting directors to full-time roles, while another city worker has been promoted to a new role, human resources director.

Bob Kakoleski, who has been the city?s acting business administrator since August, will take over the role in an official capacity. Kakoleski, who was hired in June 1989, makes $150,441.

Kakoleski?s promotion means Fulop will fall short of a campaign promise to have all city directors live in Jersey City. Kakoleski lives in Monmouth County.

?We are keeping Bob Kakoleski due to his performance on proposing his first budget that lowers taxes and that he is a lifelong city employee,? said city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill.

Read more from the Jersey Journal

Just like the Healy administration, Fulop is totally ignoring the Jersey City municipal code. I quote City Ordinance 53-2:

? 53-2. - Domicile as condition of employment. [Added 6-9-2010 by Ord. No. 10-078]permanent link to this piece of content

A.

All employees, as a condition of their employment, shall maintain a bona fide domicile in the city of Jersey city during the period of their employment. Domicile means the permanent place of abode within the meaning, intent and scope of the New Jersey Statutes and court decisions governing and defining "domicile." It shall also mean the permanent abode which the Employee occupies with his or her spouse and minor children.

B.All employees shall file with the Division of Personnel an affidavit setting forth the following:

(1)the address and telephone number of the employees' bona fide domicile; and

(2)the address and telephone number of the employees' spouse and minor children.

Why can't the city follow its own damn ordinances? How hard should that be to do?

Why? Maybe, IMHO, lawyers would be hired & there would be suits challenging the right of the city, ordinance or not, to demand where employees live. Yeah, I know many other municipalities have same/similar ordinances but this is us we are talking about. At least we have 99% of those at the helm residing within the limits unlike the previous administration where the mayor was only here part of the time. And we all know where a former councilman/county chief of staff lives.

And also notice the date of the ordinance, 2010, so many had roots firmly set down in other communities. This doesn't justify anything, just sayin'.

If Jersey City doesn't want to enforce its own residency requirements for employees, then maybe I don't have to follow the city's parking rules either. They might choose not to enforce those laws as well. Oh wait...

Posted on: 2014/3/21 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Stringer wrote:

Jersey City announced today it has promoted two acting directors to full-time roles, while another city worker has been promoted to a new role, human resources director.

Bob Kakoleski, who has been the city?s acting business administrator since August, will take over the role in an official capacity. Kakoleski, who was hired in June 1989, makes $150,441.

Kakoleski?s promotion means Fulop will fall short of a campaign promise to have all city directors live in Jersey City. Kakoleski lives in Monmouth County.

?We are keeping Bob Kakoleski due to his performance on proposing his first budget that lowers taxes and that he is a lifelong city employee,? said city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill.

Just like the Healy administration, Fulop is totally ignoring the Jersey City municipal code. I quote City Ordinance 53-2:

? 53-2. - Domicile as condition of employment. [Added 6-9-2010 by Ord. No. 10-078]permanent link to this piece of content

A.

All employees, as a condition of their employment, shall maintain a bona fide domicile in the city of Jersey city during the period of their employment. Domicile means the permanent place of abode within the meaning, intent and scope of the New Jersey Statutes and court decisions governing and defining "domicile." It shall also mean the permanent abode which the Employee occupies with his or her spouse and minor children.

B.All employees shall file with the Division of Personnel an affidavit setting forth the following:

(2)the address and telephone number of the employees' spouse and minor children.

Why can't the city follow its own damn ordinances? How hard should that be to do?

Why? Maybe, IMHO, lawyers would be hired & there would be suits challenging the right of the city, ordinance or not, to demand where employees live. Yeah, I know many other municipalities have same/similar ordinances but this is us we are talking about. At least we have 99% of those at the helm residing within the limits unlike the previous administration where the mayor was only here part of the time. And we all know where a former councilman/county chief of staff lives.

And also notice the date of the ordinance, 2010, so many had roots firmly set down in other communities. This doesn't justify anything, just sayin'.

Posted on: 2014/3/21 11:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:

A.

Posted on: 2014/3/21 5:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you feel strongly about a revaluation then contact Don Kenny of the Hudson County tax board.

I don't feel strongly about it, but it's a curious political game, which does interest me.

If a reval goes through, likely many old time residents who've seen massive increases in their property values since the last reval 26 years ago would be quite annoyed at the Mayor.

I went through a reval a few years ago, and both my home and my brother's home had our taxes drop 5K, and our dad, in his home, went up 10K. Dad wasn't happy, but my brother and I had a lot of fun over that. Thanksgiving was hilarious!

Posted on: 2014/3/20 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
If you feel strongly about a revaluation then contact Don Kenny of the Hudson County tax board.

Posted on: 2014/3/20 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The revaluations are not about time limit it is when the ratable base falls. The last revaluation was 26 years ago. Our ratable base is in the 30%, a revaluation normally happens when it drops below 70%. The B.A. has no control over the revaluation. It is now in the County hands.

Thanks, I thought they were done every 10 years hence my 15 year overdue comment. My understanding is that towns can request them about as often as they like though, independent of the ratable base issue.

Posted on: 2014/3/20 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The revaluations are not about time limit it is when the ratable base falls. The last revaluation was 26 years ago. Our ratable base is in the 30%, a revaluation normally happens when it drops below 70%. The B.A. has no control over the revaluation. It is now in the County hands.

Posted on: 2014/3/20 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What will the business administrator do about the revaluation? Isn't that 15 years overdue?

Posted on: 2014/3/20 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Another promise broken, while I like the B.A. taxes reduced due to expired abatements. So let's give credit where credit is due.

Posted on: 2014/3/20 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/20 20:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017