Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Can I go out and clean the graffiti off the park?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
I know I've mentioned this in similar threads but the http://seeclickfix.com/ has a good phone app for this. Take a pic of the graffiti and submit it.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

driverjase wrote:
Hey parkman,

What are your best tools for removing graffiti?

I've heard WD-40 works on metal, I don't have a pressure washer so not sure what would take it off of sidewalks, and I'm assuming only painting over will work on the gazebo, etc. Also heard the magic erasers might work?
We use a graffiti removal spray from Home Depot if it's on a painted or small hard surface, and we bought a pressure washer for larger areas.

In the last few years, graffiti has been a rare occurrence since we started to take care of it ourselves as soon as it happened.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 2:59

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/20 14:49
Group:
Registered Users
Don't give up too soon on the Rapid Response. I emailed them last night and the graffiti in my neighborhood was removed before I got home tonight. Unfortunately there was a new tag left in its place so I emailed them again. I file complaints about the tagging quite a bit and they usually have it removed in about a week. It's helpful if you can include a photo.

Regarding the stop sign request, well, good luck with that. Tried to get a new sign and it took at least three months of constant requests. Finally got a new sign, but of course it was the wrong sign.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 2:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Hey parkman,

What are your best tools for removing graffiti?

I've heard WD-40 works on metal, I don't have a pressure washer so not sure what would take it off of sidewalks, and I'm assuming only painting over will work on the gazebo, etc. Also heard the magic erasers might work?

Posted on: 2013/9/11 2:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The info was appreciated John, but the Mayor jabs weren't really needed. Not everything will be perfect from his first day in office, but in my opinion Fulop is definitely the right direction for the city. I'm just trying to bring attention to an issue that I'm noticing so that it can be fixed.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
The Parks Department is not responsible for the removal of graffiti, that falls to the JCIA. Call Crystal Fonseca at 201 432-4645.

If you are willing to take it on as we do in VVP, removing it as some as possible sends a message that it won't be tolerated, and I can tell you from years of dealing with this, it works.

parkman

Posted on: 2013/9/11 2:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/19 22:32
Group:
Banned
Its a new day in Jersey City, not.

Contact the JCIA they usually take care of this stuff quickly - 201-432-4645 ext 634.

http://jciaonline.org/graffiti.php

They will even take it off of your property. Not everything in Jersey City is broken, just the Fulop people think so.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Try emailing Ward E councilwoman Osborne directly. (COsborne@jcnj.org ) This is the kind of stuff Fulop was all over when he was councilman. He would respond to emails and make things happen. May even want to CC him on the email.

City Hall, 280 Grove Street
Room 202
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: (201) 547-5315
Fax: (201) 547-4678 (fax)
COsborne@jcnj.org

Sarah Ligon, Aide
(201) 547-5283

Posted on: 2013/9/11 2:23

Can I go out and clean the graffiti off the park?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Graffiti is getting bad in Hamilton Park and I'm willing to just go out and scrub and paint to clean it up but can I get in trouble for doing that? I know the park's department is supposed to handle it.

I've tried to go through the motions to get them to clean it up (and I've detailed it below if you care to read), but so far I'm noticing one piece has lead to two, and as of tonight quite a few.

Anyway, I'd love to help clean it up. Just let me know if that's ok.

Here's the details to my request via the Resident Response Center:

August 22, requested graffiti clean up on a sign in Hamilton Park.
August 26, received this response: "The crew checked all the signs in the park."
I took a walk around the park that night and not only did they not remove the graffiti from the sign that I requested, but since I posted on the 22nd and the date that they checked on the 26th, there were several other signs in the park that had graffiti and a new "er" tag on the walkway.
I submitted all of the pictures that night.
August 29th, received this response: "Our graffiti crew is cleaning the graffiti in the park today."
I took a walk around the park that night and they removed it from the one initial sign (mostly) but ignored all of the other signs and the "er" tag on the walkway.
September 10th, besides the one initial sign being cleaned up, the other graffiti is still there and now "er" has tagged the entire park (gazebo, other sidewalk location, and entrance to park).

Oh also, if you're still reading this was my other experience with the Resident Response Center:

August 22, requested replacement stop sign at the corner of W Hamilton and Pavonia (been missing for a while). Upon completing the form, it said that they would be out to evaluate the location and if one was needed they would have it up within a certain amount of days (I think it was like 10, can't remember, but it wasn't weeks or longer).

The request hasn't been updated since I submitted it.

I thought this new center was all about accountability and "response" time to the citizen. Oh well.

Posted on: 2013/9/11 2:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017