Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: HPHA General meeting APril 4, 2013 - City officials to discuss flooding situation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Nothing will definitely come of this meeting if no one speaks up or shows up. While I see what you mean and I would have agreed with you back in 2006 when it seemed like we would just meet walls and excuses, 1 1/2 years ago Councilman Fulop, myself, and the community in the York Street area of Grove (one block from City Hall) said something must be done. They got angry and they got loud.

I wrote a summary of the consent decree http://stevenfulop.com/news/consent-decree

To help people know what is being done and track progress.

I and others in the community started showing up at the JCMUA monthly meetings to observe and ask questions. The JCMUA has been responding admirably. There are now two large projects underway to greatly alleviate flooding.

Don't accept no as an answer. Not showing up and not saying anything ensures nothing will happen. You will leave your few neighbors, who are fighting for everyone, to flap in the wind and get told, "I only see a few of you so it can't be that big of an issue".

Honestly, screw that! Numbers make a big difference and things are starting to move in the right direction. The first fix will be installed nearly 2 years after Irene. These things take a long time. If you don't speak up now then when the impact is great and could have been prevented, you are looking at another 2-5 years for help.

This is your community and these are your homes. Don't just lie down and let the City assume they can walk all over you. Demand that something be done, demand accountability, and demand answers at the very least.

We were successful in getting high power pumps at the end of Essex Street (to be complete by August) and the dedicated funding for the rehab of the East Side plant to handle storm water for downtown and Bergen Lafayette (3-5 years off) because we didn't accept that nothing could be done.

If a group of about 10 of us can get this much done, imagine what an even larger group can do. Obviously no one else is looking out for us. Nothing can be done is not acceptable.

Posted on: 2013/4/2 14:53
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Re: HPHA General meeting APril 4, 2013 - City officials to discuss flooding situation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
READ my lips. "nothing will come of this meeting".

Do you understand the words that are printed on the screen!

Posted on: 2013/4/2 14:13

HPHA General meeting APril 4, 2013 - City officials to discuss flooding situation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
I know there are a lot of people concerned with the aftermath of Irene and Sandy so I am posting this here because the City says they will send several officials (in addition to the ones listed in the announcement) to answer all the questions that residents have. This would be an excellent opportunity to get some answers and get the contacts that can help you solve your issue.

HPHA Neighborhood News
General Membership Meeting ? April 4, 2013

Posted on March 31, 2013 by Ed

General Membership Meeting

NEW LOCATION

St. Peters and Paul Orthodox Church

109 Grand St

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Please join us at 7:00 pm for Pizza courtesy of Paulus Hook Brick Oven Pizza

Meeting starts at

7:30 pm

~ AGENDA ~

REPORTS

Officer reports: President, Secretary, Treasurer

Committee Reports:

Development Oversight, Construction, Parks, Website, Police, Membership

Hurricane Sandy Update

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, there have been many questions regarding building and permitting ? both for individual homeowners and regardomg plans for future construction.

We invite you to join the us in an informative meeting with Ray Meyer, Construction Code Official and members of Jersey City Planning, who will be on hand to discuss new regulations and building code in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Q & A will follow.

Adwards to Neighbors of the Year

OLD BUSINESS

Update on letter to MUA on pump station

NEW BUSINESS

Approval of Pancake Breakfast budget

Introduction of proposed HPHA Bylaw changes

ANNOUNCEMENTS

ADJOURN

Historic Paulus Hook Assoc., Inc. 192 Washington St., Jersey City, NJ 07302

Posted on: 2013/4/2 13:44
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017