Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
173 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 173

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Office of Emergency Management
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
The call was not about the Jersey City OEM, they never go off duty. It was for the FEMA disaster recovery office run by the Federal government.

I'm not so outraged by the call time. My household was fortunate enough that the storm did no damage, but for those who were not as lucky and were taking the day off or trying to find a way to get there with public transportation I'm sure they appreciated the information. During a crisis like this one I don't care if my phone rang at 11:30pm. It just made me count my blessings and shared my sympathies with those that have suffered so much.

FEMA thread.

The call was from the JC OEM about the FEMA office. The information had nothing to do with transportation, I wish it did as I could use information about the PATH train or Buses to NYC. It's likely that if you need the FEMA office you probably don't have a working phone at the moment. That's all besides the point. The point is very simply that the calls can and should be made during reasonable hours...period!
Boom, ride that high horse though pinky..feels good!

Posted on: 2012/11/10 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I wish that lady would talk faster.

Posted on: 2012/11/7 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
The call was not about the Jersey City OEM, they never go off duty. It was for the FEMA disaster recovery office run by the Federal government.

I'm not so outraged by the call time. My household was fortunate enough that the storm did no damage, but for those who were not as lucky and were taking the day off or trying to find a way to get there with public transportation I'm sure they appreciated the information. During a crisis like this one I don't care if my phone rang at 11:30pm. It just made me count my blessings and shared my sympathies with those that have suffered so much.

FEMA thread.

Posted on: 2012/11/7 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I'm also POed at the calls so late at night. Last night 11:45 p.m. to let us know the Office of Emergency Management would be close. I didn't need that information and I certainly didn't need to be awakened by the phone for it. I'm going to call them to complain today... oh wait, they're not open. Grrr.

Posted on: 2012/11/7 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I also had a few calls from them I missed during the night... 11:30pm, 1am and 2:30am

Posted on: 2012/11/7 13:59

Jersey City Office of Emergency Management
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
If they call me one more time before 7am or after 10pm I'm gonna freak out. 11:30 last night to tell me the FEMA center would be closed?? WTF!
Called to have my number removed, we'll see if that happens!
Why so early in the am and so late at night? Doesn't make any sense! Most people who get a phone call at 11pm immediately think something is wrong...no it's just your JC government waking up your newborn with BS info they should have told you hours ago. F*&% them. This won't happen when Fulop is Mayor!

Posted on: 2012/11/7 12:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017