Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Please tell me where I can donate funds online for Hurricane Sandy local
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City kid donates more than $3K to Red Cross' Sandy-relief effort

By Ana Ferrer/The Jersey Journal
on February 05, 2013 at 7:20 PM

UNION CITY -- After Hurricane Sandy devastated parts of New Jersey and New York, 10-year-old Peter Coar of Jersey City decided he couldn't just sit back and not help.

With the help of his mother, Jill Coar, the fourth-grader at St. Francis Academy in Union City launched the "Petey's Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund" on Facebook.

Through the site, he sold some 600 red and white silicone bracelets he purchased with allowance money.

Today, in front of his classmates, Peter presented a $3,335 check to the American Red Cross. The check represented not only what he raised through his bracelet sales, but also $200 in "mission money" from students at the school.

"We may be small, but we can make a big difference," Peter said in a short speech. "I'm proud that I got to achieve my goal."

Jocelyn Gilman, community chapter executive of Amercian Red Cross of Northern New Jersey, accepted the donation.

"Each one of you is special and you'll be able to touch and change so many lives one day," she said to about 60 students.

Principal Deborah Savage explained that "mission money" is donated everyday by students and each classroom has a collection jar. The money goes toward helping others, Savage said.

Peter has received numerous cards and letters from people who purchased bracelets and even received letters from President Barack Obama and Gov. Chris Christie. Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy presented him with a proclamation in December.

"I wasn't expecting to get (a letter) from the President," said Peter, who plans on mailing the leader of the free world a bracelet.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_kid_donates_more_t.html

Posted on: 2013/2/6 7:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
My daughters' school was flooded, and they could use help with rebuilding affected areas. It's a small Catholic school with limited resources, so any donations would be highly appreciated. www.olcjc.org

Posted on: 2012/11/8 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think this link has been posted:

http://www.jcnjrecovery.org/

Posted on: 2012/11/8 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
There is a benefit at Lucky 7s this saturday.

Edit- sorry, didn't see the online part.

Posted on: 2012/11/8 16:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Donate via Paypal

Can't get to Barrow Mansion to deliver goods? Donate monies to buy supplies! Donations made to "St Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church," the owners of Barrow Mansion, will be diverted to the Jersey City Sandy Relief fund.

paypal link - paypal for JC Sandy Recovery donations

Purchase supplies on Amazon.com

Purchase and ship much-needed items directly to the Barrow Mansion. Visit the registry on amazon.com

Amazon registry link - registry link for JC Sandy Recovery

Posted on: 2012/11/8 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Please tell me where I can donate funds online for Hurricane Sandy local

MONETARY DONATIONS
At this time, anyone who wishes to make a monetary donation should do so with the AMERICAN RED CROSS.

Please donate to www.redcross.org/Hurricane_Aid

Posted on: 2012/11/8 11:57

Goodwill Relief to Hurricane Sandy Victims
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Goodwill Relief to Hurricane Sandy Victims

Goodwill NYNJ wants to thank all of you who have donated and volunteered to help communities affected by Hurricane Sandy. As an organization committed to supporting our city, we would like to offer anyone who has been adversely affected by Sandy to visit our stores and receive any items needed.

Goodwill NY-NJ will be working with WPLJ and Modell?s Sporting Goods Stores to collect goods in over 90 store locations and distribute much needed clothing throughout the Greater New York and New Jersey area. We are also working with United Way and other helping organizations, shelters throughout the northeast to receive and distribute much needed items such as temporary mattresses, blankets, basic survival items including water and blankets.

To assist the American Red Cross, blood drives will be held at Goodwill?s Astoria and Harrison headquarters. We will continue to work with our partners to meet the needs of our community members who experienced the devastating impact of Sandy.

Storm Victims
? Our stores will provide free clothing or household goods for victims of Hurricane Sandy who lost property due to flooding.
? Storm victims who need to replace what they lost may ?shop? throughout the store for $50 worth of clothing (per family member) and household goods. provided free
? The value of the items provided can go up to $50 for each family member (present or not).
? All sales are final, with no returns permitted.

Donations for Storm Victims
? Goodwill will accept donations of clothing and household goods intended for storm victims at any of our stores or DonationXpress centers. Locate the nearest Goodwill store at our store locator.
? To ensure that individuals and families get what they need, our entire store inventory is available, and will not be limited to specific items.
? Donors will be given receipts upon request.

Corporate Donations

For large donations provisions can be made for pickup. For more information and to arrange pickups please contact Martha Gotwals (718) 371-7285 or mgotwals@goodwillnynj.org

http://www.goodwillny.org/news-events ... f-hurricane-sandy-victims

Jersey City Store (Store & Attended Donation Center)
2815 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Jersey City, NJ 07306
201-946-6735

Monday-Saturday 9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m.-7 p.m.

Posted on: 2012/11/8 3:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/28 2:44
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have setup a website to help out our Jersey City friend Mickey Mathis who lost everything in the storm. If you would like to help out the link can be found here:

http://abcdef.chipin.com/please-help- ... t-everything-in-the-storm

Any amount would be appreciated and 100% of the donations will go to Mickey and his family.

Thanks,
Melissa

Posted on: 2012/11/3 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users