Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jack Miller's Pub in Journal Square serving after-school specials for single parents!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Who really thinks this is a good idea?

Posted on: 2011/10/11 2:10

Re: Jack Miller's Pub in Journal Square serving after-school specials for single parents!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Ricardo worked for the Hudson County Reporter.

"don't turn around...oh-oh-oh.....

Der Kaulessar's in town...oh-oh-oh...."

Posted on: 2011/10/10 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
The only good reporter at the Jersey Journal was Melissa Hayes. But since she was good, she moved on.

Posted on: 2011/10/9 16:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/18 3:16
Group:
Registered Users
I thought of his name. It was Ricardo Kaulessar. I don't know which paper he wrote for, but that guy was diligent.

Posted on: 2011/10/9 13:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sorry, that was rude of me. So, I guess I deserved that because I was being a horses' ass.

There ARE many good writers and even columnists at The Jersey Journal, but it is frustrating that that the paper is devoted to trashy, cheap little crime stories when the growth, politics, diversity, and potential in this city (and county) far outpace what people think of it.

In terms of reporters, I especially like Melissa Hayes, Terrence McDonald and a guy I haven't seen much from in a while. I think he was Indian or West Indian, and his name was like Ramachandran or Chakramurthy. A long name like that. I could be wrong.

That said, aside from the fact that the story you linked isn't really a "news story," I don't have many problems with the content-producers there.

My problem is with a paper and editorial staff that will choose to turn a paper into a tabloid that covers crappy crime and non-stories like that. I know a lot of it is based on decisions by the publisher.

Posted on: 2011/10/5 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/10/2 21:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This isn't newsworthy, it's advertising for a bar.

Stop hyping your rag of a newspaper by posting every story from The Jersey Journal here.

Posted on: 2011/10/2 20:30

Jack Miller's Pub in Journal Square serving after-school specials for single parents!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jack Miller's Pub in Jersey City serving after-school specials for single parents!

Thursday, September 29, 2011, 11:52 AM
By Adam Maher/The Jersey Journal

Jack Miller's Pub is located at 293 Academy St. in Jersey City.
Jack Miller's Pub deal of the season! gallery (3 photos)

Believe it or not, the month of September is about to be over, and schools in Hudson County are back in full swing.

With plenty of homework assignments already completed, fall sports teams are heading into mid-season, and, of course, detentions are being served after school on a daily basis.

For kids, this is no doubt the toughest time of year, but for parents, particularly single ones, its even tougher.

And at Jack Miller's Pub, located at 293 Academy Street in Jersey City, a different type of after-school serving is helping single parents cope with those back-to-school woes.

A banner proclaiming, "Back to School Month Special Drinks for Single Parents!" hangs in front of Jack Miller's Pub, and according to sources, they aren't planning on taking it down anytime soon!

Posted on: 2011/9/30 11:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017