Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Seeking Freezer Donation for Grace Church Homeless/Hungry Breakfast program
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/3 18:57
Group:
Registered Users
Just wanted to thank Annod for the links to freecycle!

Posted on: 2011/9/26 17:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
To everyone who responded here and elsewhere THANK YOU SO MUCH.

2 days ago I posted a request for donation of a Freezer for the Grace Breakfast Plus Program , which serves a delicious hot breakfast to betw 100-160 men, women and sometimes kids every Sat and Sun, at Grace Church Van Vorst gymnasium - 39 Erie St.

2 days later - THANKS to the amazing generosity of people from different parts of our great city - we are close to buying our DREAM FREEZER! This gift will make a huge difference to the voluntneers and guests we serve.

Anyone who would like to donate to help us continue to improve how we serve our fellow community members can send a check payable to:

Grace Community Services - Grace Breakfast Program
c/o Jenny Meyer
495 Monmouth St
Jersey City, NJ 07302

Donations are tax deductible according to NJ state laws.

If you would prefer to help by donating a specific item (e.g. cleaning materials/paper goods/Syrup) please feel free to call me at 917-379-3455 or email, jmeyernj@yahoo.com.

Again, we are so grateful for this support!

Best,

Jenny

Posted on: 2011/9/26 3:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks so much for your generous offer. As it turns out in the past 2 days I've received calls from a number of people who have super-generously offered to donate money to help us buy a brand new freezer - WITH A WARRANTY! We still do appreciate your generosity - but we want to accept the new freezer as it will be very dependable and help us run the program shopping more efficiently.

Again, thank you so much for your offer

Posted on: 2011/9/26 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/9/25 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
i'm going to be replacing my fridge/freezer soon (too big for my tiny apartment and needs 1 gasket strip on the fridge) and it has a latch lock installed on it that you can padlock the fridge shut. i installed the lock because with a ripped gasket my dog was helping himself to my groceries.

if you're at all interested in taking my fridge/freezer please let me know and i can make arrangements to empty it and clean it out sometime this week. i'll get the replacement at a later time i just want thins thing out of here.

Posted on: 2011/9/24 16:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi there

I have confirmed that Grace Church Van Vorst Rehab Fnd IS NOT THE CORRECT place to donate. This may be a very old link associated with the affordable housing units on 3rd Street near the Church - but it is not the Breakfast program.

If anyone wants to donate toward a new freezer, we are very, very grateful.

A check could be made out to:

Grace Community Services
39 Erie Street
Jersey City, NJ 07392

In the Memo write: for Grace Breakfast Plus Program.
And please include your return address so that GCS can send you a receipt for your donation. GCS is a 501c3.

Thanks to both people who called me to inquire on how you could help!! We're very appreciative. When we raise enought buy a freezer, I'll let everyone know. If we have any $$ left over the money would go to lay in drygoods for the program.

Again, Thank you, thank you, thank you for your generosity.

Best regards,

Jenny (917-379-3455) if you have any other questions about the program!

Posted on: 2011/9/24 14:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
would appreciate, if you could confirm the address and also pay to?

GRACE CHURCH VANVORST REHAB FDN
192 3RD St
Jersey City, NJ 07302

Posted on: 2011/9/24 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think the JCLIST webmaster would have a problem with a link for online donations for a local JC charity. I'm not sure I could donate the full cost of a replacement freezer, but I can probably donate $100 or so towards the replacement.

An online link like the justgive one might make it easier for more local ppl to help out. If you can't set up the link, I can drop off a check to the church if thats ok.

Posted on: 2011/9/24 1:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a dolt... I should have specified!
An old fashioned upright, single door freezer is what we had... I think it was 32 inches wide..Online I see that a 32" wide freezer is 20.6 cu ft. a 29" freezer is 16.7 cu. ft, and a 28" freezer is 13.7 cu feet We'd take anything like that we could get. On the larger side would be better.

I didn't even know about the
Just Give link. I'll ask the people at Grace. the link you sent says, GRACE CHURCH VANVORST REHAB FDN ...I'm not entirely sure that $ donated there could go to the freezer...since I understand the breakfast program is under Grace Community Services...I'll find out though! Thank you.

I'd hoped we could get a used freezer but if we can't then taking donations for that specific purpose might be a good idea. Is that allowed on this site? Webmaster? I don't want to break any rules here.

Anyway, I'll find out about the just give link, and thanks so much for the suggestion!

Best,

Jenny

Posted on: 2011/9/24 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Jenny ,

What's the best way to give? What size and type of freezer do you need to replace? Upright or chest?

Or I see a Grace Church charity listed on JustGive.org - can you use a cash donation towards the new freezer through this listing?

https://www.justgive.org/basket?acton=donate&ein=23-7098015

Posted on: 2011/9/24 0:53

Seeking Freezer Donation for Grace Church Homeless/Hungry Breakfast program
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am writing on behalf of the Grace Breakfast Plus Program to ask if anyone has a working freezer they would like to donate. Every Saturday and Sunday during the year, we serve breakfast to between 100-160 men, women and sometimes children out of Grace Church Van Vorst kitchen/gymnasium at 39 Erie Street in downtown Jersey City. We serve milk and cereal, bread, peanut butter and jam, bakery goods, coffee, juice, eggs, meats, potatoes, pancakes, grits and anything else we can put together to make our guests experience more enjoyable. There is no proselyting allowed. All are welcome and made to feel welcome in an atmosphere of community and respect.

My name is Jenny Meyer, I life in JC and I've volunteered for the Grace Breakfast since 1997. I can tell you first-hand that this all-volunteer program has a huge and positive impact on the people we serve and also on those in the community who are honored to serve them.

Last week our Freezer died, which makes shopping much harder since we can?t store meats and other perishables. If Sears can donate any older-model freezer, it will be a enormous help to both the program volunteers and the guests we serve. The freezer would also be used, as needed, by members of the Grace Seniors Program.

If you want to help or know someone else who can please give me a call at 917-379-3455. Grace can give you a receipt for donation.

Thanks so much for considering this request!

Best, Jenny

Posted on: 2011/9/23 16:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017