Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
208 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 208

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Man, 28, attacked and robbed by trio on Hancock Ave at 10 p.m
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/22 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not happy about these muggings at all. I always felt safe in that area--until now. With summer coming, it's only going to get louder and more dangerous. I'm thinking that if it's the same 3 dudes it may not be a trend for the hood as much as a temporary problem. At least, I hope.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Councilman Gaughan is doing a hell of job on his campaign promise towards the making the streets of the Heights safer.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 18:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/7 6:06
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed, i think the one that covers south to congress meets at christa McCoulough (ps28) 3rd Thursdays of the month. Definitely starting to get a bad mojo vibe. Louder streets at night and more gang signs and such. Biggest thing is if you see anything call the cops asap with full descriptions of what you see.

Posted on: 2010/3/19 16:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/25 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
@ExUWSguy, I'm with you in wondering whether a pattern is developing. There have been many similar incidents in and around the Heights of men being jumped, beaten and robbed of their cellphones, cash, etc. by three male "hoodie" wearing criminals--not to mention that I've sensed a more profound "not-so-friendly" vibe while walking on the streets lately in the Heights. I love our neighborhood and think there's great potential here, but I do note a decline lately.
I think a Neighborhood Watch would be a good idea--perhaps a community meeting with the North District police (I do belong to two different Neighborhood Associations and attend their meetings). Any other ideas?

Posted on: 2010/3/19 16:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned
Is it me, or has everyone run out of more positive things to post! It seems like there are more incidents like this being reported in this part of the Heights. I have only been here 1 1/2 years, but have so far found my neighborhood (roughly from the Palisades to JFK Boulevard, north of Christ Hospital) to be relatively quiet. The avenues - Webster, Sherman, Hancock - south of Congress Street have always seemed the nicest.

Anybody have any thoughts about what is up? A "bigger picture/pattern" developing?

Posted on: 2010/3/19 14:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/7 6:06
Group:
Registered Users
Griffith is not getting a good rap latley...Besides, whats up with all of the Gang signs around? As soon as they are covered up they will put it back up in 24 hours! Catch these guys!

Posted on: 2010/3/18 4:34

Heights: Man, 28, attacked and robbed by trio on Hancock Ave at 10 p.m
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Man, 28, attacked and robbed by trio on Jersey City Heights street about 10 p.m. Monday, police say Wednesday, March 17, 2010 By MICHAELANGELO CONTE JOURNAL STAFF WRITER Jersey City police found a Heights robbery victim bleeding and partially undressed in the middle of the street after he was attacked about 10 p.m. Monday, officials said. Police responding to Hancock Avenue at Griffith Street found the 28-year-old resident bleeding from the back of the head, right eye and mouth, reports said. His shirt was off, his pockets were turned inside out and his pants were pulled down as though he had been searched, reports said, adding that he could not remember what happened. A witness said there were three men on top of the victim and they fled southbound on Hancock in an older-model Honda Prelude, reports said. Officers spotted a group of teens matching the description of the robbers on the steps of School 28 on Cambridge Avenue and took down their names but none were charged, reports said. The victim was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center, where he was treated in the emergency room before being taken for a CAT scan and further observation, reports said. Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2010/3/17 6:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017