Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bragged of connections - spokesman for Jersey City said he did not know anyone Rodriguez might mean
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
This thread headline is a real head-scratcher.

Posted on: 2009/8/29 17:56

Bragged of connections - spokesman for Jersey City said he did not know anyone Rodriguez might mean
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Bragged of connections, police allege

Saturday, August 29, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A Jersey City man being arrested on robbery charges warned cops that his uncle is a Jersey City judge and his mother works in the courts, too, officials said.

Ruben Rodriguez, 20, and Rashad N. Hatcher, both of Thorne Street off Summit Avenue, were arrested at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday at Troy Street and Summit Avenue and charged with robbery and weapons offenses, reports said.

Plainclothes officers stopped the pair and ordered them to the ground because they matched the descriptions of two men who robbed a 21-year-old Cottage Street man at Summit and Beacon avenues, reports said.

Rodriguez began hitting his head on the concrete, saying ". Damn it. I'm f--ed," and when the officer ordered him to stop, Rodriguez said "F-- you. It's my head," reports said. Police found Rodriguez had the victim's cell phone and Hatcher had his Ipod, reports said.

The pair were transported to the North District Police Station, where Rodriguez told the officers "I hope you guys know my uncle is a Jersey City judge and my mom works in the court," reports said. A spokesman for Jersey City said he did not know anyone Rodriguez might be referring to.

The victim told police the pair knocked him to the ground and robbed him and when he followed them, they beat him up again, reports said. He was able to call police using the cell phone of a good Samaritan.

It appears the weapon wielded during the robbery was a broken CD with a jagged edge, which police found on Rodriguez, reports said. Rodriguez was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center for treatment of abrasions to his forehead.

Posted on: 2009/8/29 15:40

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017