Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Towing Fee's?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/21 20:27
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.municode.com/Resources/gateway.asp?pid=16093&sid=30

Chapter 319-11

319-11. Schedule of maximum prices; disclosure.
A. Maximum fees to tow, transport, convey or move vehicles.
(1) No tower shall charge more than the following maximum fees to tow, transport, convey or otherwise move a vehicle from one location within the City of Jersey City to another location within the City of Jersey City:
(a) Class I vehicle: $120. In the event the vehicle is towed to the city's impound yard, the one hundred twenty-dollar ($120) fee shall include a forty-dollar ($40) administrative fee.
[Amended 6-25-2008 by Ord. No. 08-093]
(b) Class II vehicles: $160. In the event the vehicle is towed to the city's impound yard, the one hundred sixty-dollar ($160) fee shall include a forty-dollar ($40) administrative fee.
(c) Class III vehicles: $225 per hour (minimum two hours).
(2) In addition to the above charges, recovery of an overturned vehicle, uprighting it or removing it from a hill, ditch or other similar precarious position will be charged no more than the rate of $50, $125, and $225 per hour for vehicle Classes I, II and III, respectively. If an issue arises as to these charges, it shall be the burden of the tower to provide documentation in the form of photographs as to the particular circumstances requiring the additional charges, i.e., position of the vehicle.
(3) No charge shall be imposed on a rotation list tow for waiting time, clean-up, yard fee or any other service not specifically authorized under this chapter.
(4) The above fees are chargeable once a vehicle is hooked-up by the tower.
B. Maximum fees for vehicle storage.
(1) No tower owner shall charge more than the following maximum fees per day, or portion thereof, for storage of a disabled vehicle towed away pursuant to this chapter:
(a) Class I vehicles: $30 per day.
(b) Class II vehicles: $60 per day.
(c) Class III vehicles: $100 per day.
(2) No vehicle shall be released from storage by a tower unless proper owner and vehicle identification are shown.
C. Each driver of a tower shall have a schedule of the maximum prices when responding to the scene of a disabled, abandoned or other vehicle.
D. Before performing any service pursuant to this chapter, the licensee shall furnish the owner or driver of the vehicle with a copy of the schedule of prices. In the event that the owner or driver is incapacitated, the licensee shall furnish such schedule to the owner's authorized agent as defined herein before such person pays for the services rendered.

Posted on: 2009/6/30 19:26

Towing Fee's?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Everybody,

Recently my car was mistakenly towed, and ticketed. Went to Court and was found not guilty.

Asked about getting my towing charged refunded, was told to go to the Parking Authority.

Parking Authority told me to go to the PD in my nieghborhood.

Haven't spoken to them yet, but noticed my receipt for the impound fee's has Jersey City Incinerator Authority on it.

I'm thinking I need to ask them.

Is this something I'll need to take to small claims court?

Anybody get towing fee's refunded when found not guilty?

Posted on: 2009/6/10 14:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017