Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: THIS WEEKEND: Emergency Drill Planned at Ground Zero Rail Hub
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
A two hour drill with eight hundred people participating! Makes me want to go down there and play a ?Victim? with ketchup all over me! Later, I will insist on participating in the planning and execution of an emergency drill 2009 make believe memorial. I think I will insist they build it in some much beloved park, one I never use myself, and then cause lots of grief and unnecessary trouble as my poorly conceived and ugly memorial stalls just after ground is broken and the fences go up. Then for an encore, I will announce the memorial is also grossly over budget. How?s that for realism?

Posted on: 2009/5/17 1:21

THIS WEEKEND: Emergency Drill Planned at Ground Zero Rail Hub

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/3 20:10
Group:
Registered Users
FYI...ALERT from an Exchange Place building:

The following is from the Office of Emergency Management regarding a drill scheduled to take place on the NYC side this Sunday, May 17, 2009.

Just an info alert that here on the Jersey side we will be conducting communication exercises simulating the activation of the NY/NJ EMS MOU focusing on the notification and activation of Statewide EMS Resources through the County OEM/EMS Coordinators and the NJ EMS Task Force leadership. The Holland Tunnel EMS Staging Area will be the simulated site during this exercise. NO ASSETS or RESOURCES will be moving. I bring this to your attention just in case anyone hears of anything to the contrary.

The below is from NYPD.

Emergency Drill Planned at Ground Zero Rail Hub:

Hundreds of responders will stage an emergency drill this weekend at ground zero.

The drill on Sunday morning will simulate a response to an explosion at a PATH commuter rail train in the tunnel between the World Trade Center site and northern New Jersey.

Officials say there will be no sound of an explosion, but emergency vehicles will be responding with flashing lights and sirens.

More than 800 emergency responders will participate from the city police and fire departments and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

The Port Authority says the street on the north side of ground zero will be closed to emergency vehicles. PATH rail service will be suspended between
6 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.

The drill is expected to last about two hours.

Posted on: 2009/5/15 18:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017