Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

NNA SPRING GARDENING EVENT THIS SATURDAY JUNE 14th
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/15 14:26
Group:
Registered Users
As the President of the NNA, I would like to reach out to residents throughout downtown Jersey City to invite you to join our Gardening Group to plant the first public gardens in Newport this Saturday, JUNE 14th. We will meet at the Port Authority mini-park beginning at 9 am and continue to about 3 pm. The mini-park is located directly next to the Duane Reed Pharmacy on River Drive South in Newport and next to the dog run at the base of the Port Authority pier.

This is a special opportunity as the NNA has been authorized to plant gardens on the Port Authority mini-park, aka pocket park, in Newport, the first publicly accessible gardens in Newport.

The poignancy of this moment is particularly noteworthy because of the fact that many within downtown have expressed to me their sense of alienation from the beautiful waterfront community here in Newport. I empathize with your feelings and offer you the opportunity to begin to break down some of the barriers that have existed by joining with us in planting a garden in this pocket park. To get to Newport via mass transit, you can take either the Bergen Hudson Light Rail to the Pavonia Newport stop or the PATH to the Pavonia Newport station and walk about a block to River Drive South ("RDS") and make a left onto RDS. The Port Authority mini-park is at the end of RDS.

For more information, visit the NNA website at www.newportneighborhood.org and I can be reached at rvivien2003@yahoo.com. I look forward to seeing you this Saturday in Newport.

Posted on: 2008/6/9 16:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017