Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

NY1 -- Jersey City On its Way to Becoming Artsy, Foodie Hotspot
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.ny1.com/content/lifestyles ... ng-artsy--foodie-hotspot/

Jersey City On its Way to Becoming Artsy, Foodie Hotspot

NY1 Channel
Valarie D'Elia
1:36 PM

Jersey City is well on its way to becoming a new food and culture destination. NY1's Valarie D'Elia filed the following report.

There's a straight shot to Jersey City from Hudson River Park, and that's the only perspective many have ever seen it from.

"To see Jersey City elevating itself now to be on par with the boroughs, and to be really accepted as the city it is really truly becoming, is fantastic," says developer Anthony Carrino.

"I would characterize this neighborhood with a really great mix of blue collar, with young professionals, young families?ethnically diverse," says chef Dale Talde.

With the endorsement of a couple of reality TV stars who are investing in the future of Jersey City, there?s something cooking a quick Path ride across the Hudson.

"I think we have got 25 establishments opening?restaurants opening?this year alone, and to have Carrino Provisions and Talde Jersey City being two of those, we?re just super proud about it," Carrino says.

"We?re going to bring over favorites from the Brooklyn restaurant?curry fried chicken, our pork pretzel chive dumplings, our lobster tom kha," Talde says.

A popular stop for pizza is over at Razza, priding itself as much on its crust as its fresh ingredients.

"We have a pizza called a farm pie, it?s basically a seasonal offering, we took the Brussels sprouts off of the stalk about an hour before dinner service," says Dan Richer of Razza Pizza.

Other up-and-comers on the foodie front in and around the historic downtown include Milk Sugar Love, Koro Koro and Choc-o-pain.

Jersey City is quickly becoming an arts destination as well, with the presence of the cavernous Mana Contemporary, full of visitor friendly artist?s studios.

"Live in Manhattan and come out here five days a week, sometimes six, and thrilled to do so. Never thought I would be joyous driving through a tunnel," says artist Stanley Casselman.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 22:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017