Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Parking Authority - New Chairperson is Fulop Ally
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like to see a complete audit of all monies collected from parking - its a cash based revenue that is open to corrupt behavior and theft.
I'd also like to see how the JCPA can work closer with JCPD with information they gather.

Its the JCPA that provide an 'officer' walking a beat in the community and should have their public perception upgraded to highlight that they will act as the eyes and ears (only) for police and that they will also be given the authority to enforce animal control issues if those officers are unavailable; in other words their primary role is parking and their secondary role is animal control with a final role of community safety reporting to internal departments on crime, anti-social issues, potholes, damaged signs etc.
They should be given training and the ability to contact police via their radios by simply switching to the correct channel to report their observations.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 1:29
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Jersey City Parking Authority - New Chairperson is Fulop Ally
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City agency votes Fulop ally in as chair, angering Healy allies

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
July 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Electing the chair of an autonomous agency in Jersey City is usually a mundane process, but not two months after a change election.

Dana Scott Eisenberg, a Regent Street man who volunteered on Mayor Steve Fulop's campaign, this week became chair of the Jersey City Parking Authority Board of Commissioners. Eisenberg was just appointed to the seven-member panel last week. The post is unpaid.

The action ruffled the feathers of commissioners who sided with former Mayor Jerramiah Healy instead of Fulop in the May 14 mayoral contest. Fulop defeated Healy 53 to 38 percent.

Jack Tarantula, vice chair of the JCPA board, told The Jersey Journal that Fulop operatives called commissioners and ordered them to vote for Eisenberg as chair, or else.

?What they did is totally un-normal,? said Tarantula, a retired fire captain. ?Gerry McCann?s sister and Gerry McCann called up all the board members and shoved this new guy Dana down their throats.?

McCann, the former mayor who sided with Fulop in the May 14 election, said he did speak to Tarantula about Eisenberg joining the JCPA board, but everything else the commissioner said is a ?total fabrication.?

The former mayor added: ?I can call anybody I want and tell them anything I want. I didn?t do it.?

The City Council unanimously approved adding Eisenberg, a vice president at financial firm Centerline Capital Group, to the JCPA board last Wednesday morning. At the JCPA?s meeting two days ago, commissioners voted 5-0-2 in favor of making him chair, with Tarantula and Angelica Harrison abstaining.

For his part, Fulop doesn?t deny telling JCPA commissioners to vote Eisenberg in as chair. The administration plans to merge the autonomous agency into a new public-safety department, and Eisenberg is only leading the panel until that happens, said city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill.

?The parking authority has been a cesspool of political patronage and the administration is going to consolidate and ultimately eliminate the autonomous agency," Morrill said. "As we consolidate, we will cut costs and provide transparency to the taxpayer. Dana has zero intention of being there longer than the consolidation, and we will leverage his financial background to make sure the taxpayers come first."

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _allies.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2013/7/26 23:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017