Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Abdoul J. Malik for Jersey City Mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, yeah , yeah. This guy wrote a letter about 2 years ago, a call to action. So where has he been for the last two years? Sitting on his laurels?

Posted on: 2012/11/15 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Great! Nice to see more added to the mix.

Posted on: 2012/11/14 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
awesome

Posted on: 2012/11/14 19:30

Abdoul J. Malik for Jersey City Mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Letter: Support me for Jersey City mayor, not career pols

By Letters to the Editor/The Jersey Journal
November 14, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Jersey City has seen a lot over the past decade, waterfront development, new residents, higher taxes, poor state of education, inequality in different areas of the city, very poor quality of life, and so on.

Our politicians have been making different claims of improvement whereas reality is that it's opposite of what they claim. Cronyism is at the top. Most of the council members are hand-picked puppets who have no passion and who lack capability.

These puppets have no credibility. Every vote they cast is based upon "loyalty" and what they will get in return. Most of the council members have two jobs, either with the city or the county. There are individuals who have been on the City Council for 12 or more years and have done nothing for the people who elected them. To me, the situation doesn't look very different from what is happening in Third World countries.

All this and much more is due to the fact that we have been electing the wrong individuals for leadership. An individual who raises millions of dollars or someone who leaves his job only to focus on how he can get elected and has been engaged in all the dirty tricks and bad political maneuvers can't bring any change to the fiscal state of our city. We the citizens need to "wake up" and support clean individuals who have passion and the potential to serve with confidence. If we want to improve the education of our children, lower crime and taxes, improve the services for citizens, this time stand up for and with the right individuals!

So I am announcing my candidacy for the mayor of Jersey City in the May elections. Support and volunteer for me and the sake of our city. See how our life will change for the better by getting rid of career politicians.

ABDUL J. MALIK
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, ASSOCIATION. OF PAKISTANI AMERICANS FOR COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION
JERSEY CITY

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... port_me_for_jersey_c.html

Posted on: 2012/11/14 18:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017