Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Police Dept Now has a new website...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Every JClister when calling the JCPD for help and assistance should also email the request on the new JCPD website / homepage so you have a hardcopy for future reference and not just a phone conversation that can be denied ever taking place !

I hypothesize that this service request (email) on the JCPD website will disappear when it is used against them for inept service.

Posted on: 2012/3/11 23:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
ah cute JCPD figured out how to use drupal.

Actually for all I know it might of been drupal before with just another theme. Guess I'm a bad citizen for never going to it before.

Posted on: 2012/3/11 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
neverleft wrote: Quote:

To who it may concern,

As a citizen of Jersey City I demand that the JCPD put BACK the COMPSTAT crime numbers for 2005 to 2010 broken down by district, month, entire city and crime.

Yours truly,
Benjamin Dover

Posted on: 3/3 18:04

Thank you JCPD or City Hall for putting back the JC COMPSTAT monthly crime reports for 2007 to 2010. The drop down boxes for them were much cleaner on the old site but I can live with the way you did it. Adding 2005 and 2006 back would be nice also..if you have time. Thanks again.

www.njjcpd.org

Posted on: 2012/3/11 10:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Dealing drugs on the street

Miller praised police for checking in on workers at a fast food restaurant at Ocean and Bidwell avenues whenever it appears that loiterers are hanging around the store. But too often, she said, she has seen young men shooting craps and dealing drugs while cops in car patrols drive by.

?Everybody knows what they?re doing,? she said. ?Everybody knows what?s going on. But the police drive by, they slow down, and they keep going. They need to get out of their cars.?

Comey admitted this is a problem, and not just one rooted in a lack of police personnel.

?You have to change the mindset [of the officers]. And I?m trying to do that. I?m working on it,? he responded to Miller.

The police chief also pointed out that there are several officers who are a presence in the community, but who were working undercover in plain clothes. He said he has recently reassigned more uniformed officers to work in high crime areas to act as deterrent.

To expedite the addition of the 60 officers the JCPD hopes to add to its ranks, Comey said he has already begun the process of filing ?Rice applications.? Under the state?s Rice Bill ? which was sponsored by State Sen. Ronald Rice (D-Essex) and signed into law in 2010 ? police officers who were laid off due to the economy are given first priority when police department vacancies are available around the state. Also, officers who were laid off within their first year of employment are not required to go through the police academy again or retake the civil service exam.

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/view/fu ... ey_city_story_left_column

Read more: Hudson Reporter - City holds public meeting on crime Hopes to hire 60 officers ? but wants community?s help

Posted on: 2012/3/4 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
it figures... my question for the JCPD is Ok, u guys claim u can't get out of your cars because it cost too much, ok so when you are in your cars can you stop people from double parking, loitering, littering? it seems when driving through town many cars are double parked and cops never ask any of them to move. Is it legal now to double park? Is it also legal to have scum bags just hang out on the corner or in front of liquor stores? I see cops just drive by and never say anything. Or does this cost extra money to enforce the laws?

Posted on: 2012/3/4 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah HeightsBrat is right.....

I smell bullshi*?..if you looked at my ?JCList and the JJ are responsible for the perception that JC has a rising crime problem? thread from a few weeks ago. I had a link to the ?old? JCPD website. It had much more information then the so called new and improved JCPD website. They actually eliminated COMPSTAT reports for years 2005 to 2010 that were broken down by month and district and that included arrest statistics.

That ?COMPSTAT achieve (1990 to 2006)? link was on the old site but it is just a response to something the JJ wrote about JC crime rate in 2005. They also took away the detailed descriptions of what made up each of the four JCPD districts. The old website had what the boundaries were and what was in each district..schools, stores, landmarks, etc.

Unless this is some kind of transitional web site you..we all just got suckered!!! Wait we did get an improvement to the JCPD website ? a huge (no pun intended) picture of Chief Comey. And I guess the pictures of the DTJC skyline is to keep the newcomers amused.

This is what I had in my ?JCList and the JJ are responsible for the perception that JC has a rising crime problem? thread?

On the home page click on the ?COMPSTAT section? link. It will bring you to a page that has JC reported crime stat?s from 2005 to 2011 by month by district and entire city.

This is how I recall districts break out?North = Heights, South = Greenville, East = Downtown, West = Communipaw/JSq. If you want exact start and end points of districts and things that are in the districts (schools, parks, etc) it is on the main page under ?police locations?.

From looking at the crime stat?s for 2011 I would say each month in the entire city there are around 650 crimes committed. What you see published in the JJ (Journal Jersey) every week is maybe one or two crimes if that. The Mayor should be happy the JJ only lists one or two otherwise the perception would be we are under siege. (is Steven Seagal still working?)

Like I said in other posts don?t go by the few published crime pieces in the JJ (or blogosphere), there is a ton of random crime happening ALL of the time and in EVERY section of JC. Like any other big city you have to ?watch your back and watch your crap?.

And I am not saying the JCPD is not doing a great job.. they are. If you look on some of the older years in the 2005 to 2011 range it also lists monthly arrest stat?s. An example for April 2009?.1040 Adult arrests, 51 Juvenile arrests. (book?em Dano!) Does anyone know the breakout of arrests? I figure it must include some of the crimes in the COMPSTAT list but also domestic fights, driving violations, disorderly conduct, etc.

To who it may concern,

As a citizen of Jersey City I demand that the JCPD put BACK the COMPSTAT crime numbers for 2005 to 2010 broken down by district, month, entire city and crime.

Yours truly,
Benjamin Dover

Posted on: 2012/3/3 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
You can now make anonymous tips to the police if you spot crime. Bravo JCPD!

http://www.njjcpd.org/

Hate to disappoint you, but you could always make an anonymous tip. The only thing new is the look of the page and the gullibility of anyone who believes anything this group says.

Bar keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2012/3/3 19:48

Jersey City Police Dept Now has a new website...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
You can now make anonymous tips to the police if you spot crime. Bravo JCPD!

http://www.njjcpd.org/

Posted on: 2012/3/2 18:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017