Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: downtown JC tax abatement
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Check your property card listings under

https://www.cityofjerseycity.com/WebTaxInquiry/AccountSearch.aspx
and
http://www.hudsoncountytax.com/

You can also call both county and city tax offices to check your situation.

Note abatements and reassessments are totally different things. Not all abatements transfer after a sale, reassessments generally do.

Posted on: 2011/11/3 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
I agree--I would never take the real estate agent or developer at their word. I take that as a given, but I've been having this exact conversation with a close friend who is looking to buy in JC. She's talking to a developer who claims that the property has been reassessed and the taxes reduced by 25%. It's possible, but he will have something in writing showing the outcome of the appeal.

Posted on: 2011/11/3 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Kelcey wrote:
Please keep us updated. I hope that it works out for you, and it would be good to know if there are shady tactics that potential buyers should be aware of.

Yeah the first tactic is never listen to the real estate agent the second is never listen to the developer. You are now doing the homework that should have been done prior to signing on the dotted line. As a buyer I would have gone to the tax department and then to the listing agent. As the previous postings stated check with your mortgage company if you didn't pay cash for the place and do keep us informed.

Posted on: 2011/11/3 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Please keep us updated. I hope that it works out for you, and it would be good to know if there are shady tactics that potential buyers should be aware of.

Posted on: 2011/11/3 15:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
Do you have anything in writing?
Take a look at any and all materials the agent or developer gave you. Things like listing agreements, papers for marketing the condo, and of course the offers you made on the property presumably through the RE agent.
If you can find anything in writing coming from agent or developer you should be OK. Nevertheless go to both of them after you have done this search.
Did you finance? If yes when the mortgage bank calculated your loan what did they base the tax payment on?

Posted on: 2011/11/3 13:21

downtown JC tax abatement

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/18 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
I purchased a new construction in JC as a first time homeowner. Throughout the whole process my realtor and developer kept on telling me how great this abatement was and that I automatically got it. So now that our taxes got reassessed and I had to look into that, I find out that the developer never applied for the tax abatement for his condo that I bought...Does anyone know the process for filing? Is it up to developer to do this? I wish they had told me, I would have filed it myself. It's way past 30 days after C/O was issued, so I can't apply for it now.

Posted on: 2011/11/3 4:29

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017