Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: PNC bank robbery tied to three other bank holdups
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Who the hell robbs the bank when they first open in the morning!
He lived only 1 block away from the Capital One that he robbed but I guess didnt check up on when they money trucks come so he could take more money, what an idiot!!!

Posted on: 2010/7/23 16:20

Greenville: PNC bank robbery tied to three other bank holdups
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Busted for PNC bank robbery, Jersey City man tied to three other bank holdups: cops

Updated: Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 7:08 PM
Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City man who allegedly robbed a bank this morning was arrested on a NJ Transit bus minutes later and by afternoon police had charged him in three additional bank robberies committed over the past three months, officials said.

At 9:46 a.m. Kevin J. Prentiss, 32, of West Side Avenue at Boyd Street, was arrested and charged with the 9:29 a.m. robbery of PNC Bank, located at Danforth and West Side avenues, reports said.

The ongoing probe after Prentiss' arrest led to his being charged with the June 10 robberies of Bank of America on Kennedy Boulevard at Harrison Avenue and Capital One Bank at West Side and Virginia avenues, as well as the robbery of Capital One on April 10, officials said.

"He said he was down on his luck and needed the money to pay his bills," said Police Lt. Edgar Martinez who interviewed Prentiss at the South District precinct along with Detective. Michael Post.

"It was the same m.o. (motis operandi) as the other robberies...and he just said he did Capital Bank twice and the other Bank of America," Martinez added.

Officers responding to the PNC Bank yesterday spoke to a teller who said a man passed her a note saying "Stay calm & quiet. I have a weapon I don't wanna use. Give me all your 100s, 50s and 20s and no one gets hurt. Move quick!" reports said.

Police broadcast the robber's description and quickly received information that the robber was in the area of West Side and Claremont avenues, reports said.

Cops finally spotted Prentiss aboard the bus only a few doors from his home and took him into custody, reports said, adding that at the time of the arrest, Prentiss had a plastic bag containing $1,550.

Detectives made copies of the PNC Bank security video that captured the robbery, reports said, adding that the FBI was also involved in the investigation.

Posted on: 2010/7/22 4:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017