Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hospice in Downtown JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
hi brooklynboy,

i can't offer a suggestion regarding a hospice since i dont know any however, posters already made a good list for you. i'm here to write that i am sorry to hear about your partner and what the both of you are going through. i think you're doing an honorable job in helping anyway you can.

you and your partner and your families will be in my thoughts and prayers.

peace.

Posted on: 2010/6/29 0:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/20 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Brooklyn Boy. I am very sorry to hear of your situation. Your partner's doctor and the social workers at JCMC should be able to advise of the different options that are available to you and your partner. Unfortunately, you sometimes need to advocate very loudly for your loved one in a hospital setting in order to be heard and attended to.

Three years ago, a family member of mine was in hospice at Compassionate Care. The staff there was incredibly kind and helpful to my family and truly helped us through a most difficult time.

I will keep you, your partner and your families in my prayers

Posted on: 2010/6/28 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I thank all of you for getting back. Kind of in a muddle trying figure this madness out. It is not like we all walk about thinking about such things.

Thanx

ladybert

jerseymom

dmark526

Posted on: 2010/6/27 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
I'm very sorry to hear about your partner. My father went into hospice 3 years ago when he was in the later stages of prostate cancer. He went to compassionate care downtown JC.

My whole family was against him being there once we realized that you're really not supposed to be there more than a couple of days. The hospice people told us that it was his best option. After him watching 3 people die right next to him, he demanded to go home.

I really wouldn't suggest hospice unless he or she is unconcious or on life support. It made the better part of my father's final 5 weeks miserable. He passed 2 weeks after leaving there and that was after being in there for 3 weeks.

Try having a nurse come in on the side to do the things that you are unable to do.

Hope all the best for you.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Brooklyn,

I am very sorry to hear your partner isn't well. A well run hospice program can bring a lot of comfort to someone that is terminally ill.

Here is a link to several alternatives in Hudson County:

HOSPICE IN HUDSON COUNTY

You may also want to contact your social worker at the hospital (call patient relations and they will direct you) who could help make a recommendation for the hospice that is connected to the hospital your partner is in.

Hospice can be at your home, or also in a facility that specializes in end-of-life care. That's a decision for your partner to make. If at home, your partner should be eligible for an on-site aid to help. A hospice social worker can also lend psychological support to your partner as well as yourself.

Remember, hospice is a choice that can be reversed if a new treatment comes along that may bring hope to your partner. This is not always known and can cause anxiety for a patient that chooses hospice and thinks that there is no way to reverse the decision.

End of life pain can be significant so make sure you stay on top of your hospice caregivers if your partner shows discomfort. There have been good advances in this area and you can easily learn to administer drugs to alleviate pain if need be in a homecare setting.

And finally, please, please, please make sure your partner's end of life wishes and healthcare directives are in order and readily available. There are plenty of websites that offer this info for free in PDF form. If your partner wishes to have a DNR (do not resusciate) order, hang it on the refrigerator in plain site and carry a copy with you if you are the main caregiver. This is an uncomfortable thing to consider and discuss, but you should get all of this in order immediately. Your social worker can help broach this subject, too, if help is needed.

Again, I am very sorry and hope your partner finds peace and comfort in their days...and I hope you do, too.

Posted on: 2010/6/26 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
Compassionate Care Hospice
The Atrium at Hamilton Park HCC
330 9th Street, Second Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07307 Hudson County
Main Phone (201) 716-7200
Fax (201) 716-7210

sorry to hear. hope this helps.

Posted on: 2010/6/26 22:31

Hospice in Downtown JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
My partner is not well and am trying to find a Hospice in Downtown JC. I can no longer care for him properly and work at the same time. I put him back in JCMC today and will put him back into Hamilton Park but after the I believe hospice is needed. Anyone have a contact. Thanks all

Posted on: 2010/6/26 19:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017