Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: McGinley Square area: Woman sexually assaulted & beaten -- door left unlocked by lazy tenants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
This is a terrifying story and I feel for the victims. I think blaming residents for leaving the bottom door unlocked is pushing it a bit. But I bet they will now lock the door.

Posted on: 2009/11/21 14:37

Re: McGinley Square area: Woman sexually assaulted & beaten -- door left unlocked by lazy tenants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Rape was part of plan for big Jersey City heist

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal
November 19, 2009, 9:30PM

The Jersey City woman who was beaten and sexually assaulted Wednesday in a Gardner Avenue apartment was abused by armed robbers in an attempt to get her to tell them where money was hidden in the residence, officials said yesterday.

"Clearly they were terrorizing these ladies, apparently for information, and the apartment was ransacked," Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said about the woman who was beaten and a second woman who was present.

At about 3 p.m., the two men forced their way into the apartment and demanded money from the two women, who did not live in the building, DeFazio said.

The men did not wear masks and it does not appear that their victims knew them, he said. The robbers apparently believed there was a significant amount of money in the apartment, but that wasn't the case, DeFazio said.

The woman who was pistol-whipped and sexual assaulted was rushed to Christ Hospital. She was released yesterday, DeFazio said.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Special Victims Unit at (201) 915-1234.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Criminals feel safe here under the Healy Administration's crime policy.

Quote:

crushthedemoniac wrote:
No its safe here, it all depends on what block your on. I mean it happens in Manhattan . Just be aware of your surroundings. Sickening shit

Posted on: 2009/11/20 4:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- A New Jersey woman is in hiding Thursday after she was raped and beaten in her Jersey City apartment. Others are being warned about the frighteningly easy way the suspects may have gotten in. Neighbors admit that residents leave the front door to the building unlocked because the intercom system has not worked in years. The victim's uncle, "Rickey," spoke exclusively with Eyewitness News. The victim, a young mother of two, is reportedly too afraid to return to her neighborhood, terrified her attackers will come back a second time. Her uncle is outraged by what happened, pointing the finger directly at police. "When I hear what happened to my niece, it felt like someone just ripped my heart at," Rickey said. Rickey's 27-year-old niece was brutally raped and beaten. She is too scared to talk, so he says he will be her voice. "Emotionally, she's traumatized," he said. "Psychologically, I'm sure she's reliving this thing over and over and over again." The incident happened Wednesday afternoon around 3 p.m. Rickey says his niece got a call from a friend who came to her fourth-floor apartment followed by two masked men. "Once they got access to the apartment, that's when they began to atrociously assault my niece," Rickey said. "They tied her up, shoved a sock in her mouth, began to pistol-whip her, beat her with an extension cord." He says the friend was also tied up, but not hurt. Residents say strangers come and go constantly, in part thanks to the broken intercom and unlocked door. "I was a little bit scared, because I was home and I wasn't sure if it was a random thing, or if it was premeditated," one resident said. "Because if it was random, it could've been me." But sources say the attack does not appear to be random. The victim was reportedly cooperating with police in a separate, ongoing investigation. Rickey believes this incident was payback. "Those police officers knew that there was a potential of my niece being hurt," he said. "They did not protect her. They failed her." Sources tell Eyewitness News that the suspects' images may have been caught by surveillance cameras. "People that live amongst us in society that commit crimes as heinous as this should no longer be allowed to live among us in society," Rickey said. "They should be locked away." By a stroke of luck, the victim's children, two little girls, were not home at the time of the rape. They were in school. Eyewitness News contacted the Jersey City Police Department and the Prosecutor's Office, but have not received a reply.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
No its safe here, it all depends on what block your on. I mean it happens in Manhattan . Just be aware of your surroundings. Sickening shit

Posted on: 2009/11/19 1:52

McGinley Square area: Woman sexually assaulted & beaten -- door left unlocked by lazy tenants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
[img]
View Larger Map[/img] Jersey City woman sexually assaulted, beaten in apartment building By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal November 18, 2009, 6:26PM A Jersey City woman was raped and beaten in her apartment building this afternoon, officials said. The woman remains hospitalized, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said. The attack took place at around 3 p.m. in the large multi-story building on Gardner Avenue, where numerous investigators responded and officers at the scene asked for a rush on the ambulance due to the severity of the victim's injuries. The building superintendent said residents had a habit of leaving the front door unlocked so they did not have to climb the stairs to let visitors in. She said she wouldn't be surprised if that was how the woman's attacker entered the building. The prosecutor's Special Victims Unit is investigating the assault with the Jersey City Police Department. Four marked police cars and at least one unmarked car were parked outside the building after the ambulance from the Jersey City Medical Center left the scene. Anyone with information on the rape is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2009/11/19 1:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017