Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
75 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 75

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Some idiot dumped antifreeze on Wayne Street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Update: It looks like JCIA did come by late Friday afternoon and dumped some sort of gravel/kitty litter along the curb to soak up the antifreeze. They just left it there, though, and didn't sweep it up. I guess it'll get swept up when the street sweeper makes its next pass on Tuesday - that is, if it doesn't get washed away by all this rain. Still, this is better than the total inaction I was anticipating.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Some idiot decided the street would be a good place to flush their radiator. WTF?! What a moron!! Do they not realize that anything that runs off into the city sewers eventually ends up back in our drinking water??

i've seen this happening all over from time to time for years.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I had a dog years ago and he to a nice big lap of his shit. they love the smell and the color. He was dead within the day.Keep your dogs clear of this madness

Posted on: 2009/10/24 11:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
...but it didn't sound promising as they don't have the capability to mop up hazardous materials.

Yeah, I guess JCIA can't afford to run to Target for kitty litter or some Speedy Dry. Not that we ever have accidents or car breakdowns in this city because so few people drive these days. *sigh* I guess JCIA relies on the wreckers and JCFD to clean up.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 11:58
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

sassinak wrote:
Good info on who to call, but there are other possibilities...
maybe that's where the car overheated and they popped the radiator cap, or perhaps their radiator hose busted or lost it's clamp... not denying that it's also possible that someone decided to dump anti-freeze there, but there are other conclusions you could jump to.

Fair point. I guess I've been living on Wayne Street too long and seeing all that happens on this street, it's all too easy to simply assume the worst in people. But you're definitely right that there are other possibilities.

Antifreeze cleanup: A lot of kitty litter, wait a few minutes, then sweep.

Good point though... if someone sees anyone changing their oil or flushing their radiator, they should call the non emergency number for the police. The more these people are ticketed, the less you will see someone getting a tune up, oil change, and full service on city streets. It happens too often.

Posted on: 2009/10/24 4:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sassinak wrote:
maybe that's where the car overheated and they popped the radiator cap, or perhaps their radiator hose busted or lost it's clamp... not denying that it's also possible that someone decided to dump anti-freeze there, but there are other conclusions you could jump to.

Fair point. I guess I've been living on Wayne Street too long and seeing all that happens on this street, it's all too easy to simply assume the worst in people. But you're definitely right that there are other possibilities.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 17:43

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/10 1:54
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/10/23 17:22

Some idiot dumped antifreeze on Wayne Street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Was just now coming home from errands and noticed the distinct green liquid sitting along the curb on Wayne, just east of Barrow. Some idiot decided the street would be a good place to flush their radiator. WTF?! What a moron!! Do they not realize that anything that runs off into the city sewers eventually ends up back in our drinking water?? If I had known who this person was and seen them in action, I most certainly would've called the authorites and taken pictures. Mayor's Action Bureau said they couldn't do anything unless I could report a specific person or license plate number...They sent me to the Incinerator Authority, which said they'll try to contact a clean-up crew, but it didn't sound promising as they don't have the capability to mop up hazardous materials. Just had to vent...Some days, I REALLY HATE JC. This is one of them.

Anyway, if someone happened to be walking along Wayne Street - my guess is this happened AFTER the street sweeper rolled through around 10:15 and BEFORE noon -and saw something that might identify the culprit, please call the Mayor's Action Bureau at 547-4900.

Also, dog owners should take care when walking their dogs in that vicinity until the next big rainfall.

Posted on: 2009/10/23 16:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017