Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Indians in Hudson say homeland will rebound after Wednesday's terrorist attacks in Mumbai
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Kumar, 25, strongly condemned the attacks, but agreed his daddy isn't coming on anything...

I couldn't resist.

In all seriousness my grandparents were glued to RAI (italian tv) after thanksgiving dinner and were outraged.

Posted on: 2008/11/28 9:08

Indians in Hudson say homeland will rebound after Wednesday's terrorist attacks in Mumbai
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Indians in Hudson say homeland will rebound

Jersey Journal
Friday, November 28, 2008

Hudson's Indian-American community expressed outrage and regret over Wednesday's terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India's most populous city and its financial center.

"I was shocked to hear about it," said Krishna Bagri, 52, of Jersey City. "I have family in Mumbai and go there four or five times a year. The scale of the attack makes this very serious and the government needs to take aggressive action against the extremists."

Coordinated attacks over the past few days by militants in Mumbai have left at least 119 dead and hundreds more injured.

Nilay Shay, 32, said he hopes the incident jolts the Indian government into improving its domestic security.

"There absolutely needs to be tighter security in the port areas around Mumbai and along the coast. It's too easy for terrorist groups to hit landmark sites like the (Taj Mahal) hotel."

Despite his concerns, Shay says Indians are a resilient people and will continue to develop as rapidly as ever.

"Yes, this was a large-scale attack and it looks like they were targeting westerners, which is terrible, but there have been many other attacks in recent years and Indians will recover just like they always have."

Sunil Kumar, 25, strongly condemned the attacks, but agreed it wouldn't be long before the people of Mumbai bounced back.

"Trains have been bombed in India and hours later, people are back on the trains," Kumar said yesterday on Newark Avenue while heading to have lunch. "The situation will get resolved and life will go on. I've been watching the prime minister and think he's handling this properly."

JONATHAN SHAPIRO

Posted on: 2008/11/28 8:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017