Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey Journal's Pet Psychic: To love is to breed -- get your pet's reading
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/22 13:21
Group:
Registered Users
While I often enjoy Catherine's column and she was kind enough to come to the cat day that CATJC held a few months back, I hardly think encouraging backyard breeding is a good idea. If a dog was adopted then that usually indicates that they are not of the most ideal genetic stock. Unless they are both show quality animals with a solid genetic background, including being free of diseases, they do not belong breeding them in the first place. There are too many animals in shelters to consider that responsible pet ownership.

Posted on: 2008/10/2 22:38
Nicole
CATJC
Cat Owner's Group of Jersey City

Jersey Journal's Pet Psychic: To love is to breed -- get your pet's reading
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
To love is to breed

Jersey Journal
Thursday, October 02, 2008

We adopted Clive when he was a young puppy two years ago. We got Hermione about six months ago. She is also 2. We want to breed them eventually. Will that work? Hermione is very calm and we intend to train her as a therapy dog. What type of therapy would be best for her? Clive is very hyper. What does he think of Hermione?

Clive thinks the world of Hermione. He says "she's all I ever wanted in a dog." She is quite fond of him, just less bombastic in expressing her feelings. He'll become calmer as he grows older and her influence will rub off on him and calm him down.

In the meantime, I recommend the Bach flower essence Vervain for hyperactive behavior. By the way, she'll become a bit more active and assertive under his influence. His surplus energy will raise hers. They're good for each other.

Hermione will make a wonderful mother. There should be no problems in breeding. Hermione would be extremely good with very small children. They would feel safe with her because of her innate calm, solid body, and relatively small size. She'd be good in all types of therapy, so you can chose according to what is available in your area and what works well with your own schedule.

Clive also has the makings of a good therapy dog. After Hermione has completed the program and started working, see if he would be accepted for the training. I'm saying after Hermione has had some experience because she can tell him what it is like for her and give him an idea about it and perhaps encourage him to follow suit. If he does not meet the requirements, you can let him work on an informal basis.

For example, elderly people who are not institutionalized might still like to pet a friendly dog. Clive can work his magic during a regular stroll through the park by greeting the people sitting on the benches. If you know of any children in the neighborhood with difficult home lives, they too could benefit spending time with Clive. With or without a training diploma, Clive can make some lives brighter.

Contact pet psychic CATHERINE FERGUSON at petpsychic7@yahoo.com. Her advice should not be taken as a substitute for a veterinarian's.

If you would like a published reading of your pet, send a photo of the animal, along with the pet's name, approximate age, sex, breed and questions to Waterfront Journal, 30 Journal Square, Jersey City, NJ 07306.

She can also be reached at her new Web site, http://www.cfergusonconsult.com/index.html.

Please indicate if the pet has died.

If you would like your photo returned, or information on Bach flower essences, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Posted on: 2008/10/2 14:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017