Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City resident, rapper/actor Mos Def partners with streetwear label Undrcrwn
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/11 16:32
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
He lives on Washington St in the Paulus Hook section of Downtown.

Posted on: 2008/9/2 20:10

Re: Jersey City resident, rapper/actor Mos Def partners with streetwear label Undrcrwn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Mos Def Accused of Violent Snatch

Posted Aug 27th 2008 3:25PM by TMZ Staff

No, it's not a rerun -- rap legend Mos Def is accused of causing another violent encounter with a photographer, this time in Las Vegas.

Mos was hangin' at the star-studded MAGIC fashion convention at the Las Vegas Hilton when he allegedly flipped out on a snapper -- not a pap -- yanking the camera from his neck and causing a small cut on the the shooter's hand. Mos then allegedly gave the camera to a security guard and took off.

Mos is now being investigated for larceny from a person.

Quote:

Newpsie wrote:
Yea, who knows where Mos Def resides?

Posted on: 2008/9/2 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Ha, nah I acctually never even saw the movie. I just have a general dislike for Jack Black.

Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
So i guess you didn't like the movie.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Newpsie wrote:

He resides at #69 on the list of what white people like.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/17/69-mos-def/

Posted on: 2008/8/25 15:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/8/29 19:17
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/8/25 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
So i guess you didn't like the movie.

Posted on: 2008/8/25 13:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/15 19:57
Group:
Banned
Jack Black is the least funny most over-rated actor I've ever seen. Just figured I'd throw that in since you mentioned that movie.

Posted on: 2008/8/24 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Mos Def lives in JC now? I thought he was all about Bed Stuy? What neighborhood does he live in? With his money he's probably in one of the towers on the waterfront.

I totaly dug that moview he did with Jack Black. Be Kind Rewind.

Posted on: 2008/8/24 18:28

Jersey City resident, rapper/actor Mos Def partners with streetwear label Undrcrwn
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City resident, rapper/actor Mos Def partners with streetwear label Undrcrwn for a new cut-and-sewn collection

Resized Image

Rapper/actor Mos Def is tipping his toes into the design field.

He will be teaming up with Philly-based streetwear label Undrcrwn for a 14-piece cut-and-sewn capsule collection for spring 2009. The three year old Undrcrwn brand was introduced to Mos Def at the industry heavyweight MAGIC trade show.

?It all went down in about 90 days, but I feel like I?ve known these guys forever,? said Mos Def during an interview near his apartment in Jersey City. ?When you meet a good friend, you just feel the connection.?

Undrcrwn?s creative director, Dustin Canalin, described Mos Def as ?a popular figure in the streetwear culture, and a true artist. He looks at creativity first, and dollars later.?

Canalin spoke of applying Mos Def?s DNA to Undrcrwn?s DNA through pieces such as nylon jackets with upside down flags and t-shirrts with bandana stripes. Colors and prints were incorporated from the 2004 Dead Prez album ?RBG:Revolutionary But Gangsta?.

?A lot of it was just child?s play,? Canalin said. ?It?s just playing around with things, and saying, ?People always do this, let?s not do that.??

?I come from a place where how stylish or fashionable you were had nothing to do with how much money you had,? Mos Def explained. ?Brands like Supreme are giving luxury brands a big run for their money. These types of brands represent a certain type of perspective and a new kind of status.?

The line will be called ?Mos Def designed by Dustin Canalin for Undrcrwn,? and will retail from $36 to $200.

======================================

Mos Def Partners With Streetwear Label Undrcrwn For A New Cut-And-Sewn Collection

August 20, 2008 10:06 a.m. EST
Anne Lu
Celebrity News Service News Writer

Jersey City, NJ (CNS) - Rapper Mos Def is trying his hands at designing. He is teaming up with streetwear label Undrcrwn for a spring 2009 collection.

The 14-piece cut-and-sewn line will bear the political hip-hop duo Dead Prez's 2004 album RBG: Revolutionary But Gangsta's colors and prints.

As quoted by dnrnews.com, Mos Def explained during an interview near his apartment, "I come from a place where how stylish or fashionable you were had nothing to do with how much money you had."

"Brands like Supreme are giving luxury brands a big run for their money. These types of brands represent a certain type of perspective and a new kind of status."

Undrcrwn's creative director, Dustin Canalin, described the rapper/actor as a "popular figure in the streetwear culture, and a true artist. He looks at creativity first, and dollars later."

The line, titled "Mos Def designed by Dustin Canalin for Undrcrwn," will include personalization from Mos Def's own life such as adorning a nylon jacket with an upside-down flag or printed bandana stripes on a T-shirt's back.

The line will retail from $36 to $200.

Posted on: 2008/8/24 15:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017