Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: So long to Jon Whiten at Jersey City Idependent & NEW
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Jon, I have always been a fan. Thank you so much for helping making the City we love more informative. I wish you much luck and success.

You Rock!

Posted on: 2011/10/12 23:07

So long to Jon Whiten at Jersey City Idependent & NEW
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I've known Jon and Shane since City Belt days when Jon won the Screaming Carrot award for the best blog in the state. I was not surprised the job they did with JCI and NEW. I will miss Jon and know that Shane and the staff mentioned below will thrive with our support.

I'm doing my part by buying newsletter ads weekly. It's time for us to ALL do our part as JCI and NEW has supported our communities .

So thanks for the years and some of the best coverage in Jersey City.-Dale Hardman[i]

A Quick Programming Note: Some Changes are Afoot

By Jon Whiten ? Oct 12th, 2011 ?

It is with a bit of a heavy heart that I tell you all today that I am leaving JCI and NEW this month and moving into a new role as the first-ever director of communications and technology for New Jersey Policy Perspective.

When Shane Smith and I launched JCI back in December 2008, we had no idea what would become of it. All we knew is that there seemed to be a need ? a thirst, even ? for another news source here in New Jersey?s second-largest city. We felt that way ourselves, and after complaining about it for who knows how long, we decided that we should at least try to step up to the challenge.

It?s been a wild ride since then, and I?m humbled to see what JCI and, later, NEW, have become and to see the respect these publications are given by the community. That is the definition of success in my book, and I?m incredibly grateful to all of our readers, sponsors, supporters and partners around Jersey City ? we could not have gotten here without all of you.

So where do we go from here? That?s a good question, and as I have wrestled with moving on to something new in recent months, I wanted to make sure of one thing: that these publications would not be left to die on the vine. Now that I am confident that will not happen, I feel comfortable letting others bring a new leadership approach, and hopefully take the site and the magazine to new and exciting places.

Editor-in-chief Jennifer Weiss will take on a larger role in the day-to-day operations beginning next week, and associate publisher Catherine Hecht will continue to help make the business side hum. City Hall staff writer Matt Hunger will start working a broader beat, and I will remain on in an advisory role.

There will certainly be change. And some of it will be difficult. But I am confident the publications will continue to flourish, and I look forward to seeing what is in store for the next phase in the lifecycle of JCI and NEW.

Thanks, as always, for reading.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

[i]Like what you've read here? Please consider making a donation or becoming a sustaining member. As a grassroots news organization, we rely on community support -- as well as paid advertising -- to survive.

Posted on: 2011/10/12 22:41
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017