Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
189 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 189

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Downtown: Fire displaces four families in Montgomery Street building
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Jersey City fire displaces four families in Montgomery Street building Published: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 By Travis Fedschun/The Jersey Journal http://media.nj.com/jjournal-news/photo/10231897-large.jpg Firefighters respond yesterday to a fire at a five-story building at 358 Montgomery St. in downtown Jersey City. Four families were displaced yesterday when a two-alarm fire spread to the upper floors of a five-story Downtown Jersey City building, officials said. According to Deputy Chief Joe Giancastro, the fire started under one of the windows on the third floor of the residential building at 358 Montgomery St. and spread up to the roof. The Fire Department had to open the roof of the building for ventilation. Some of the apartments suffered heavy damage. ?All I saw was some smoke under the window,? said Diane Terhune, who lives on the fifth floor of the building. ?I ran downstairs to warn the other neighbor. Now everything just looks ruined.? The fire was first reported at 10:24 a.m., with firefighters arriving shortly after. Residents praised building security and maintenance workers for warning them to evacuate in a quick and orderly fashion. ?There was no smoke in the hallway or anything,? said William Delgado, who also lives on the fifth floor. ?I just feel bad for the guy who was moving in this morning to the fourth floor.? Six adults and seven children had to be relocated, officials said. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Posted on: 2011/11/8 14:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017