Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Abbie Gardner & Sean Kiely Perform at Cathedral Arts Live Nov. 22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/16 23:38
From JERSEY CITY
Group:
Registered Users
NOVEMBER 22, 2019 - 7 PM

CATHEDRAL ARTS LIVE WELCOMES BACK THE DOWN-HOME SOUNDS OF FAN-FAVORITE ABBIE GARDNER--WITH AN OPENING SET FROM NEW JERSEY'S OWN SEAN KIELY!

Singer and songwriter Abbie Gardner resumed her solo adventure after more than a decade of touring with Americana darlings Red Molly. Tales of love and loss, both gritty and sweet, ride the back of her by-now familiar, formidable slide guitar licks. Winner of the 2008 Lennon Award for "The Mind of a Soldier" and 2008 American Songwriter Magazine Grand Prize Lyric Winner for "I?d Rather Be," she channels Lucinda Williams and Bonnie Rait, but remains pure Abbie.

?Cathedral Arts Live is such a great part of the Jersey City music scene,? said Gardner. ?A true community-based series bringing regional and national acoustic acts to a gorgeous listening room. I can?t wait to end my year of touring the country with this local show in my adopted hometown." www.abbiegardner.com

Kicking off the night is a performance by Jersey City-based singer-songwriter and guitarist Sean Kiely, whose melodies were described by WFMU?s Pat Byrne as taking ?the listener to a place high above the astral plane, a place of comfort and warmth, glimpsed at in dreams but always unable to describe when conscious.? His latest EP "It Sure Was Good" is a deeply felt collection of songs of loss and love. He is currently working on his second full-length record. www.seankielymusic.com

PURCHASE TICKETS: www.cathedralartslive.org

Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Hot food and cold beverages available for purchase. Doors open at 7 pm.

Cathedral Arts Live @ Grace Church Van Vorst
39 Erie St, Jersey City, NJ 07302

Now in its fifth season, Cathedral Arts Live aims to create a transcendent musical experience and strengthen our community by welcoming and celebrating a diverse group of artists, performers and audiences in our beautiful space.
??

Cathedral Arts Live 2019-2020 Season

JANUARY 17, 2020
Legendary duo Walter Parks & Rob Curto perform reels, spirituals, and swamp blues for a soaring Americana sound.

FEBRUARY 28, 2020
An adventurous blend of folk, R&B, jazz, gospel, and rock ?n roll Upstate creates a ?harmonic maelstrom? of original sound.

MARCH 27, 2020
VickiKristinaBarcelona is a power trio of musical veterans, Rachelle Garniez, Amanda Homi, and Terry Radigan, who rearrange songs of Tom Waits with inventive 3-part harmonies and virtuoso instrumentation.

APRIL 17, 2020
NYC musical collective ShoutHouse presents ?off the rails? complex grooves, poetic hip-hop, high-octane vocals, and instrumental solos for a cutting-edge concert experience.

For additional information contact cathedralartslive@gmail.com

Posted on: 2019/11/5 21:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017