Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Advice for dealing with contractors, permitting and inspections
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/4/22 12:10
Group:
Registered Users
We may need to slightly expand the closet from the front, but we don't need to knock down a wall. I don't think we will be touching anything structural. We will need to take up a portion of the kitchen floor to run the pipes. Paying in thirds is a good tip. Thanks.

Posted on: 2021/3/31 11:33

Re: Advice for dealing with contractors, permitting and inspections
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Are you knocking down a wall? If you do then I would say yes because you need support beams. If not, I would trust the person doing the work. Spell everything out in the agreement. And pay in thirds. One third up front, one third with half done and the last payment when finished. If this room is near a bedroom make sure your contractor puts in soundproofing in.

Posted on: 2021/3/31 1:35

Advice for dealing with contractors, permitting and inspections
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/4/22 12:10
Group:
Registered Users
I'm looking for any tips/advice on doing a small renovation project properly (everyone licensed, getting permits for everything). I'm getting so much conflicting information (not to mention all over the place bids) from different contractors.

The project is to run water/electrical to a closet behind the kitchen in order to install a washer and dryer. I am not sure if I need an architect as I have been told yes from one contractor, but the other contractors have not mentioned using an architect at all.

I was also told that the building as it is is not zoned for a "laundry room" and that the architect would need to apply for that change. I was not aware of this process and I'm not sure if that is the same as getting the permits or a whole separate thing?

If anyone has any advice or experience with this process I would appreciate any info. Thanks!

Posted on: 2021/3/31 0:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017