Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: School options in the heights...
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/3/27 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
1st two days of PS 26 are in the books. My son is in Pre-K 4 and daughter is in Pre-K 3 and the Pre-K classrooms are on one side of the building (with its own playground & entrance) and the kindergarten - 5th grade is on other side of school.

Not too much to go on but so far I get a positive vibe. Next week starts before/after care so we will get back to the routine of me dropping off on way to JSQ around 7:30 and my wife will pick up around 5:30 on way home from her office.

Posted on: 2018/9/7 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I don't have relevant advice, but want to congratulate you on your positive attitude, instead of buying what all the naysayers are selling. My kids are 15 & 18, and growing up in JC has been a great experience for them. Good luck.

Posted on: 2018/2/22 4:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Kelcey wrote:
Quote:
I registered both my son and daughter yesterday in PK3/PK4 yesterday

I thought registration starts March 1?

I believe it was before 3/1 because students at pre-K 3 get a letter allowing to enroll this week/next.

Posted on: 2018/2/22 4:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I registered both my son and daughter yesterday in PK3/PK4 yesterday

I thought registration starts March 1?

Posted on: 2018/2/22 0:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I will follow up on my post as I know a little more than last year. My son (now 4 in Jan.) and daughter (2 1/2) started going to Little Smiles in August 2017. My son is in the Pre-K 3 and daughter is in the daycare. My son's cost for school hours (8:30 to 2:30 I think) is covered by the city (there are 2 pre-K3 classrooms) but I drop them both off at 7:30 and my wife picks them up at 5:30.

There was a little bit of a transition for a few months for my son as he asked about his Paramus school and friends. As of now they both seem to be doing fine and are happy when they go/return from school.

As it only goes until Pre-K 3 we have had to look at options for Sept. 2018. Not knowing much about charter schools we went to a fair in the fall. I kind of liked the sound of Jersey City Global Charter further up in the heights but I think they start at kindergarten for now. We also signed up for LCCS lottery and did not make it.

We are zoned for PS 26 (the new school by the reservoir off Summit Ave). I have talked with a few parents at the playground whose children attend PS 26 and they seemed happy with the school/principal/teachers. I registered both my son and daughter yesterday in PK3/PK4 yesterday and got a positive feeling of the place. We will attend an open house they have in beginning of March. I know school is new but has anyone else have an experience with the school? FYI, we also visited St.Nick?s and seemed like a good place and could serve as a second option.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Posted on: 2018/2/21 21:39

School options in the heights...
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live on Beach St in the heights with my wife, son (just turned 3 last week) and daughter (almost 18 months). Currently, my kids go to a daycare in Paramus right near my wife's office. We like this place and have the option of sending them there through kindergarten.

We are now starting to look at pre-school/elementary school/after care options in JC. We heard that PS 25 was a decent place but found out today that Beach St actually goes to PS 31 on JFK closer to JSQ. Any thoughts on this school?

We have heard about the pre k 3 at Concordia and about several days of waiting on line for a spot and will have to look at the logistics of this.

What about the private day cares that offer pre k?

Does anybody have any ideas, suggestions , experience etc on this topic?

Posted on: 2017/1/25 2:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017