Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 3 4 »


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/15 17:32
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 766
Offline
Quote:

DAllen wrote:
I'm curious... what would be considered a "reasonable" walk from parking? Is a 10 minute walk too much? Pretty much all of DTJC is within a 10 minute walk of paid parking (I can't comment on the other parts of JC), so I don't see the issue downtown. Now if you're looking for parking on every single block, or without any cost, I don't know what to tell you - move to the suburbs, that's not what happens in a city, a growing one at that.

I feel when you are talking about a non-urban, car-centric view point there is no such thing as a "reasonable" walk. That concept implies thinking urbanistically, beyond a dependence on a car. Like the crowd in the Heights, no separation from your car is tenable.

Posted on: 2015/3/28 1:46
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/12 17:02
Last Login :
2017/6/16 17:46
From 07302
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9
Offline
I'm curious... what would be considered a "reasonable" walk from parking? Is a 10 minute walk too much? Pretty much all of DTJC is within a 10 minute walk of paid parking (I can't comment on the other parts of JC), so I don't see the issue downtown. Now if you're looking for parking on every single block, or without any cost, I don't know what to tell you - move to the suburbs, that's not what happens in a city, a growing one at that.

Posted on: 2015/3/27 13:38
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/12/21 14:43
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 376
Offline
I suggest that nothing be done about parking, at least in DT. The solution is up the car owners. I imagine that some will:

1. Cough up for private parking
2. Realize that the 'as needed' car services are enough
3. Continue to seek street parking but keep quiet about their onerous search for a free spot.
4. Move, but will give as a reason high costs, or poor schools, etc.in order to not look like a cheapskate schm!ck as cars become more and more a luxury for people who don't need them to get to their jobs.





Posted on: 2015/3/27 13:18
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 14:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5023
Offline
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Fomite wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The council meeting on 3/35 had a ordinance concerning permit parking near St. Peter's College. It was packed by residents who complained about waiting 45 minutes to a hour to find parking near their homes. Once they come home from work they do not go out for the fear of losing parking spaces. Yes, jclist people, people do have cars to keep medical appointments, social events and grocery shopping. We need off street parking.


How is this the city's problem? Or my problem? You want a car? You figure it out. The city does not owe you anything. nor does it need to accommodate that you choose to have a car.


Actually, Yvonne sounds kinda Commie with this "government needs to provide" stuff. Sure there's thing that only a govt can do, but parking isn't one of them. If there's enough demand, someone will provide it, at the right price. Somehow the very dense neighborhoods throughout NYC manage to keep thriving without ubiquitous municipal parking garages or lots. And no, not all of them are well served with transit. Note, for the population Yvonne cites, even a 10 min walk to the train would not be acceptable anyway. "Free public parking on the same block" seems to be her battle cry.


No I actually sound like a person who has compassion for my fellow JC resident who is trying to raise his/her family in JC and get to and from work.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 19:46
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 21:13
Last Login :
4/5 17:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5597
Offline
Quote:

Fomite wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The council meeting on 3/35 had a ordinance concerning permit parking near St. Peter's College. It was packed by residents who complained about waiting 45 minutes to a hour to find parking near their homes. Once they come home from work they do not go out for the fear of losing parking spaces. Yes, jclist people, people do have cars to keep medical appointments, social events and grocery shopping. We need off street parking.


How is this the city's problem? Or my problem? You want a car? You figure it out. The city does not owe you anything. nor does it need to accommodate that you choose to have a car.


Actually, Yvonne sounds kinda Commie with this "government needs to provide" stuff. Sure there's thing that only a govt can do, but parking isn't one of them. If there's enough demand, someone will provide it, at the right price. Somehow the very dense neighborhoods throughout NYC manage to keep thriving without ubiquitous municipal parking garages or lots. And no, not all of them are well served with transit. Note, for the population Yvonne cites, even a 10 min walk to the train would not be acceptable anyway. "Free public parking on the same block" seems to be her battle cry.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 17:40
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/4/20 21:48
Last Login :
2017/6/16 18:29
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 97
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The council meeting on 3/35 had a ordinance concerning permit parking near St. Peter's College. It was packed by residents who complained about waiting 45 minutes to a hour to find parking near their homes. Once they come home from work they do not go out for the fear of losing parking spaces. Yes, jclist people, people do have cars to keep medical appointments, social events and grocery shopping. We need off street parking.


How is this the city's problem? Or my problem? You want a car? You figure it out. The city does not owe you anything. nor does it need to accommodate that you choose to have a car.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 17:25
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 14:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5023
Offline
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The council meeting on 3/35 had a ordinance concerning permit parking near St. Peter's College. It was packed by residents who complained about waiting 45 minutes to a hour to find parking near their homes. Once they come home from work they do not go out for the fear of losing parking spaces. Yes, jclist people, people do have cars to keep medical appointments, social events and grocery shopping. We need off street parking.


I have no clue about the parking situation in St Peters College. Sure, maybe they needed it. But when you spout about needing more parking garages downtown (like you've done on this thread), you're wrong.


And you have no clue how the lack of parking impacts the lives of ordinary JC residents.


Again, outside of downtown, I wouldn't expect to. I never look for parking there. Just like you don't comprehend the parking situation downtown, because you've obviously never visited the half empty parking garages.


JC is 14 square miles, not everyone including downtown folks are near these "garages." This past winter should illustrates how difficult it was to walk on the snow especially when the curbs were not shoveled. You live an idealistic world, Lima17, not the world of JC folks. I think I will do an opera on the city hall video and place on line so people can see the struggles that real people have with the lack of parking in JC.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 14:37
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/6/14 13:36
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The council meeting on 3/35 had a ordinance concerning permit parking near St. Peter's College. It was packed by residents who complained about waiting 45 minutes to a hour to find parking near their homes. Once they come home from work they do not go out for the fear of losing parking spaces. Yes, jclist people, people do have cars to keep medical appointments, social events and grocery shopping. We need off street parking.


I have no clue about the parking situation in St Peters College. Sure, maybe they needed it. But when you spout about needing more parking garages downtown (like you've done on this thread), you're wrong.


And you have no clue how the lack of parking impacts the lives of ordinary JC residents.


Again, outside of downtown, I wouldn't expect to. I never look for parking there. Just like you don't comprehend the parking situation downtown, because you've obviously never visited the half empty parking garages.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 14:22
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 14:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5023
Offline
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The council meeting on 3/35 had a ordinance concerning permit parking near St. Peter's College. It was packed by residents who complained about waiting 45 minutes to a hour to find parking near their homes. Once they come home from work they do not go out for the fear of losing parking spaces. Yes, jclist people, people do have cars to keep medical appointments, social events and grocery shopping. We need off street parking.


I have no clue about the parking situation in St Peters College. Sure, maybe they needed it. But when you spout about needing more parking garages downtown (like you've done on this thread), you're wrong.


And you have no clue how the lack of parking impacts the lives of ordinary JC residents.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 14:00
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/6/14 13:36
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The council meeting on 3/35 had a ordinance concerning permit parking near St. Peter's College. It was packed by residents who complained about waiting 45 minutes to a hour to find parking near their homes. Once they come home from work they do not go out for the fear of losing parking spaces. Yes, jclist people, people do have cars to keep medical appointments, social events and grocery shopping. We need off street parking.


I have no clue about the parking situation in St Peters College. Sure, maybe they needed it. But when you spout about needing more parking garages downtown (like you've done on this thread), you're wrong.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 13:56
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 14:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5023
Offline
The council meeting on 3/35 had a ordinance concerning permit parking near St. Peter's College. It was packed by residents who complained about waiting 45 minutes to a hour to find parking near their homes. Once they come home from work they do not go out for the fear of losing parking spaces. Yes, jclist people, people do have cars to keep medical appointments, social events and grocery shopping. We need off street parking.

Posted on: 2015/3/26 13:50
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/22 20:28
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 730
Offline
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

Or, is this more about expectations, than facts? One side will never be satisfied, even if it's proven to be true, with the availability of garage space for rent, because it doesn't provide them with what they expect - free parking right where they want it; the other side not satisfied with a solution that enables what they see as an obsolete, socially and ecologically unsustainable model, e.g. that of the private car.


Yes, I'm not really happy with all the large decks going up, but only one person here is actively denying reality so I can't really agree with he said/she said.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 18:08
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/15 17:32
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 766
Offline
Quote:

The city is planning for everyone except the long term resident. For some reason they do not count. Yet they are the ones who pay full taxes.

I would beg to differ - as a relatively new (since 2008) resident, who uses mass transit almost exclusively, I don't feel the city is planning for me at all. There are no transit improvements on the horizon (aside from the hodgepodge of disconnected bike lanes in the Heights) from what I can see, so I don't feel my tax dollars are being well spent creating a harmonious living environment.

This conversation seems to be going in circles, with one side (Yvonne) maintaining there is not enough parking, and the other side maintaining there is. Has anyone tested/studied/mapped out their positions, to validate it one way or another? If we as citizens need to make informed decisions as to what transportation modes our tax dollars are going to improve, real data is needed.

Or, is this more about expectations, than facts? One side will never be satisfied, even if it's proven to be true, with the availability of garage space for rent, because it doesn't provide them with what they expect - free parking right where they want it; the other side not satisfied with a solution that enables what they see as an obsolete, socially and ecologically unsustainable model, e.g. that of the private car.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 17:47
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/6 21:13
Last Login :
4/5 17:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5597
Offline
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Just curious - when you move from a zoned parking area, are you supposed to scrape off or return the sticker? When you renew do you need to show you still live in the zone? Can some one who no longer lives downtown still have one of the downtown zone's stickers?


till it expires after it's 1 year is up, sure. Assuming you don't need to get one for your new zone.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 15:59
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/12/21 14:43
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 376
Offline
Just curious - when you move from a zoned parking area, are you supposed to scrape off or return the sticker? When you renew do you need to show you still live in the zone? Can some one who no longer lives downtown still have one of the downtown zone's stickers?

Posted on: 2015/3/12 15:12
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/6/14 13:36
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was talking to a city official, I have know for years. He reminded me the city planned to build a 6 story parking deck near Newark Avenue with to add shoppers and restaurants downtown. I am sorry it never got off the ground.


I can't even keep track of all the new restuarants that are opening up in the area, so wtf are you talking about. Sounds like that plan would've been a waste of money. As pointed out by the previous poster, there is also parking at Grove Point.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 14:15
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/22 20:28
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 730
Offline
Quote:

DAllen wrote:
Isn't there a big parking deck at the end of Newark Ave already at Grove Point or am I missing something?


You're not missing anything at all. There is a large, underutilized, public deck right at the end of Newark. Yvonne will come up with some excuse as to why this doesn't count, just like all the other public decks don't count.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 14:12
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#99
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/12 17:02
Last Login :
2017/6/16 17:46
From 07302
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 9
Offline
Isn't there a big parking deck at the end of Newark Ave already at Grove Point or am I missing something?

Posted on: 2015/3/12 13:58
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#98
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 14:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5023
Offline
I was talking to a city official, I have know for years. He reminded me the city planned to build a 6 story parking deck near Newark Avenue with to add shoppers and restaurants downtown. I am sorry it never got off the ground.

Posted on: 2015/3/12 13:46
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#97
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/12/21 14:43
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 376
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
[That rule is not for every new building, plus people know how to get around laws, just use your friend's address.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Posted on: 2015/3/12 11:57
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#96
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/10/23 18:47
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 860
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You and the city officials are ignoring the fact that the new residents who live in these monster buildings have 1/3 of the parking so they park on the streets taking parking away from long term residents who do not have parking available.


You're ignoring the fact that the residents of these monster buildings are NOT issued parking permits, so they cannot park on the street. If they do so, that's a parking enforcement problem. But personally, I know several residents in those buildings and none choose to risk parking illegally on the street and instead pay for their parking spots.


That rule is not for every new building, plus people know how to get around laws, just use your friend's address.


Name one new building with parking where residents are allowed to get street parking permits. You can't just use a friend's address. When you apply for a permit, you have to provide your license plate. If the car isn't registered in JC in a particular zone, you can't get a permit for that zone. It's pretty straightforward. Your attempts to back up your arguments by making up stuff are getting feebler and feebler.

Posted on: 2015/3/11 2:56
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#95
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 14:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5023
Offline
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You and the city officials are ignoring the fact that the new residents who live in these monster buildings have 1/3 of the parking so they park on the streets taking parking away from long term residents who do not have parking available.


You're ignoring the fact that the residents of these monster buildings are NOT issued parking permits, so they cannot park on the street. If they do so, that's a parking enforcement problem. But personally, I know several residents in those buildings and none choose to risk parking illegally on the street and instead pay for their parking spots.


That rule is not for every new building, plus people know how to get around laws, just use your friend's address.

Posted on: 2015/3/11 2:14
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#94
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/6/14 13:36
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You and the city officials are ignoring the fact that the new residents who live in these monster buildings have 1/3 of the parking so they park on the streets taking parking away from long term residents who do not have parking available.


You're ignoring the fact that the residents of these monster buildings are NOT issued parking permits, so they cannot park on the street. If they do so, that's a parking enforcement problem. But personally, I know several residents in those buildings and none choose to risk parking illegally on the street and instead pay for their parking spots.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 19:49
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#93
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3013
Offline
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
And just a question for you economics-savvy readers: If the existing parking decks are 1/2 full, why hasn't the cost of parking gone down?


Most of the parking decks are available to the residents of the building and are not open to the public.


I don't know about all of them, but Grove Point and 50 Columbus are open to the public. As is the deck by Hopscotch, the mall parking lot and Trump Plaza.


The mall likely still has the resident's discount - $100/month.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11999

Posted on: 2015/3/10 19:41
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#92
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/22 20:28
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 730
Offline
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
And just a question for you economics-savvy readers: If the existing parking decks are 1/2 full, why hasn't the cost of parking gone down?


Most of the parking decks are available to the residents of the building and are not open to the public.


I don't know about all of them, but Grove Point and 50 Columbus are open to the public. As is the deck by Hopscotch, the mall parking lot and Trump Plaza.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 19:33
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#91
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/8 3:36
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 942
Offline
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
And just a question for you economics-savvy readers: If the existing parking decks are 1/2 full, why hasn't the cost of parking gone down?


Most of the parking decks are available to the residents of the building and are not open to the public.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 19:01
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#90
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/12/22 20:28
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 730
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The parking lots that existed before were not free, please stop putting words into my mouth that I did not say. You and the city officials are ignoring the fact that the new residents who live in these monster buildings have 1/3 of the parking so they park on the streets taking parking away from long term residents who do not have parking available. That is the issue. The parking the long term residents had has a building on the lot, now. The city is planning for everyone except the long term resident. For some reason they do not count. Yet they are the ones who pay full taxes.


You're ignoring facts so I don't know why I bother... The decks are not full, therefore, whether they provide 1/3 of a space per unit, 1/2 of a space or 1 space per unit is irrelevant, because there are more than enough spots for everyone who wants one.

I know more than a few people who live in those new buildings, but I don't know of a single one who has a car and chooses to park on the street instead of in the deck.

Every large building that goes up adds to the amount of parking spots available at a rate higher than the amount of cars in the building. The city planning department knows this because they've actually done the work. That is why they want less parking spaces with the new buildings.

I've never had a discussion with someone so impervious to factual statements.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 19:00
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#89
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 14:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5023
Offline
The parking lots that existed before were not free, please stop putting words into my mouth that I did not say. You and the city officials are ignoring the fact that the new residents who live in these monster buildings have 1/3 of the parking so they park on the streets taking parking away from long term residents who do not have parking available. That is the issue. The parking the long term residents had has a building on the lot, now. The city is planning for everyone except the long term resident. For some reason they do not count. Yet they are the ones who pay full taxes.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 18:49
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#88
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/12/21 14:43
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 376
Offline
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
just a question for you economics-savvy readers: If the existing parking decks are 1/2 full, why hasn't the cost of parking gone down?


The residents of the buildings with parking decks are not issued city parking permits. Therefore those residents can't park on the street, and have little choice but to pay the garage what they want.


Thanks Lima and Mooby -

Posted on: 2015/3/10 18:30
 Top 


Re: Of course this is not JC, Bayonne mayor wants to build municipal parking lot
#87
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/6/14 13:36
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
just a question for you economics-savvy readers: If the existing parking decks are 1/2 full, why hasn't the cost of parking gone down?


The residents of the buildings with parking decks are not issued city parking permits. Therefore those residents can't park on the street, and have little choice but to pay the garage what they want.

Posted on: 2015/3/10 14:52
 Top 




(1) 2 3 4 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017