Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Why Are Posts and topics being deleted??
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Consumed wrote:
No idea who he is, and other than 1 other person I don't think i know anyone else on here. why do you ask?

My OP had nothing to do with him and or his posts or anyone else's per say, it had to do with the general idea of free speech and open communication.

nothing less nothing more

I get your frustration, but this is a moderated website, created and run by one person. It's not the message board of The Guardian.

The terms and conditions of moderation are all well and good if they are applied consistently. But in terms of personal attacks, a number of regular posters on this site are routinely pilloried - Yvonne being one particularly prominent recipient of scorn and ridicule for her views on Fulop, parking, tax abatements, among others. All of those sideswipes against her - admittedly often comically incoherent views - are left to stand.

Then there is the unsettling racial undertones that have characterized the threads about the Ferguson protests, the murder of Officer Santiago, Eric Garner, Montgomery Gardens, almost EVERY discussion of gentrification happening in JC, and the list goes on...

All these elements, unseemly as some of them may be, are what an open forum is all about. Moderate this board, of course, but at least do so consistently.

Personally, the amusing sniping that happens on JCList is part of what keeps me coming back. Like on Wednesday night, when I totally pwned JCMan24 in our exchange over the new HP restaurant.

Who the hell are you?

Posted on: 2015/1/10 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Consumed wrote:
No idea who he is, and other than 1 other person I don't think i know anyone else on here. why do you ask?

My OP had nothing to do with him and or his posts or anyone else's per say, it had to do with the general idea of free speech and open communication.

I get your frustration, but this is a moderated website, created and run by one person. It's not the message board of The Guardian.

The terms and conditions of moderation are all well and good if they are applied consistently. But in terms of personal attacks, a number of regular posters on this site are routinely pilloried - Yvonne being one particularly prominent recipient of scorn and ridicule for her views on Fulop, parking, tax abatements, among others. All of those sideswipes against her - admittedly often comically incoherent views - are left to stand.

Then there is the unsettling racial undertones that have characterized the threads about the Ferguson protests, the murder of Officer Santiago, Eric Garner, Montgomery Gardens, almost EVERY discussion of gentrification happening in JC, and the list goes on...

All these elements, unseemly as some of them may be, are what an open forum is all about. Moderate this board, of course, but at least do so consistently.

Personally, the amusing sniping that happens on JCList is part of what keeps me coming back. Like on Wednesday night, when I totally pwned JCMan24 in our exchange over the new HP restaurant.

Posted on: 2015/1/10 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
You guys can go to the wire jc stink pit if you don't like it!

Posted on: 2015/1/10 0:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Consumed wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/9 22:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/25 12:21
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Two days ago I was thoroughly enjoying a slanging match over on the thread about the new restaurant in Hamilton Park and those comments mysteriously disappeared.

The extent of the personal attacks were me calling the other guy "unintelligent" and he responding that I should seek "professional help" for my anger issues.

Apparently this was sufficiently explosive invective to warrant deletion...

Haha, I'm sorry I missed that. I didn't think a discussion about the possibility of a restaurant could become so heated.

Posted on: 2015/1/9 21:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/5 12:37
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/9 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Two days ago I was thoroughly enjoying a slanging match over on the thread about the new restaurant in Hamilton Park and those comments mysteriously disappeared.

The extent of the personal attacks were me calling the other guy "unintelligent" and he responding that I should seek "professional help" for my anger issues.

Apparently this was sufficiently explosive invective to warrant deletion...

Posted on: 2015/1/9 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Hey "Consumed" -- do you know JCMan8?

Posted on: 2015/1/9 19:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
there is a difference between TOS and censorship.

"Repetitive posts, personal attacks, spam, excessive free advertising, slander, and other objectionable or inappropriate information may be removed from this site."

so where did those other posts break the rules? and for the record i didnt create or even post in any of the ones i noticed deleted. but it does bother me that anything that is found to be too riske is not to be discussed?

while not set to be immediately connected to JC it does portray people's concerns because of the topics and recent events. there were no posts anymore ignorant than can be found in any other thread on this board. Moderated or not it is an open forum and discussions and free communication should be allowed wether we agree with what is being said or not as long as there is no direct attacks or threats or discrimination against certain individuals, races, sexes or communities as a whole, or any situation where they can be put in immediate danger.

again not saying i agreed or disagreed with what was said in the threads but deleting it because you dont agree with the content is ridiculous!

if anything it should have some sort of option where it can be voted on to be deleted and let the members make that decision.

Posted on: 2015/1/9 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Obviously I disagree with the decision, as both posts concerned important global news which is being discussed on every major network. Further, calling them Muslim terrorists is correct because this is exactly what they are.

However, this is not my website and the moderator can obviously moderate how he sees fit. I respect the fact that he created this forum.

Posted on: 2015/1/9 18:53

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
This is a moderated website.
We removed 2 topics with the subject "Muslim terrorists" containing content about the situation in France started by JCMan8

jclist.com is for Jersey City, NJ related information so anything posted in the NOT Jersey City forum is heavily moderated.

If something you posted was removed check the "inbox" on the lower left of this screen to see if you got a message. If you cannot find a post let me know the content and I will respond - we remove very few posts.

Posted on: 2015/1/9 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Consumed wrote:
i have noticed this going on now for a while. unless they are being moved somewhere else and i cant seem to find them it seems like they are being deleted or are they being censored?

If they fall outside the TOS - they can be deleted. http://jclist.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=1#q3

Posted on: 2015/1/9 18:20

Why Are Posts and topics being deleted??
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
i have noticed this going on now for a while. unless they are being moved somewhere else and i cant seem to find them it seems like they are being deleted or are they being censored?

Posted on: 2015/1/9 17:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017