Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Gov. Christie Fires Schools Chief, Bret Schundler
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/24 18:45
Group:
Banned
Binky, those are some shameful numbers and MUCH scarier than the union malarkey. Unfortunately, those numbers mean nothing to those with the "free market", "hate union" mentality. The crooks on Wall street have proven that Capitalism is actually dead. It died because of GREED.

When they were allowed to steal everyone's pensions, 401K's and savings, then stuck out a tin cup that they needed to be bailed out "or else it was the end of the world", unions were the least of our problems.

Posted on: 2010/9/4 22:42
>>> IT'S TOO LATE.....<<<

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
The Unions are run by a bunch of criminals and are draining this country! Do you really not see this?

I heard an interesting statistic today:

The wealthiest 1,000 people in this country together own an amount equal to that owned by the poorest 50% of the entire country.

And you think that the Unions are draining the country?

Scary

Posted on: 2010/9/4 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/27 22:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcboyz wrote:
The Unions are run by a bunch of criminals and are draining this country! Do you really not see this?

Geez. Happy Labor Day!

Posted on: 2010/9/4 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2010/9/4 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
Schundler was a jerk off when he was mayor, still is a jerk off and always will be a jerk off!

Posted on: 2010/9/4 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
The thing about Schundler is, that although he is a jerk socially, and he did try to game his way up the national Republican ladder by touting his freak election here for mayor, the man is a technocrat extraordinaire. You don't mess with someone like that. You try to screw them over and they have all the documentation they ever need to bury you.

Good for you Brett. I may not like you, but I do believe in what's right.

Posted on: 2010/9/4 12:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
That's a great article in Salon. Sounds like it's possible it went that way. I am sure there is some juicy stuff that hasn't come out yet. Usually when gaffs like this happen, they get a raise.

Posted on: 2010/9/4 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
As a Democrat I love this !!! A pox on both their houses.

Posted on: 2010/9/3 19:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/9/3 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/4 19:30
Group:
Registered Users
Now BS (couldn't help it) is disputing CC's reason for firing him, upset he is called a liar...well, BS...you told the Gov one thing, and on tape, you are saying something else (to the panel), and you did NOT get the necessary funding NJ needs to assist children in our school systems (even though probably half will be misused)...that means...YOURE FIRED.

BS: Mr. Gobernor, I did not lie, I did not get the funding because of my handwritten notes and inability to execute in a timely manner..etc..etc..

CC: Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy: "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You did not get the education funding NJ needed! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir! AND YOURE FIRED!!

Posted on: 2010/9/2 15:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

The data was correct in the initial draft, and it was Christie's edits that caused the problems.

What about the 11 points lost for removing the uion agreement?

Posted on: Today 13:22
-----------------------------------------------------------

Those 11 points don't count!

Christie hates ALL unions.

He was duly elected, so this is acceptable to all of us.

Christie also hates our government and it's employees, that is why he is running it so well. This we accept also.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
The data was correct in the initial draft, and it was Christie's edits that caused the problems.

What about the 11 points lost for removing the uion agreement?

Posted on: 2010/9/1 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PHResident wrote:
Dems Want Christie to Apologize to Obama

As I read this article, my general feeling was that this was nothing but political posturing. I voted for Obama, and didn't vote for Christie, but I do not in any way, shape or form think Chirstie owes the President an apology. Frankly, that's just kind of stupid.

But when I got to the part of the article where Christie is quoted as saying, "When President Obama comes back to New Jersey, he's going to have to explain to the people of New Jersey why he's depriving them of $400 million that this application earned them because one of his bureaucrats in Washington couldn't pick up the phone and ask a question, couldn't go on the Internet and find information or wouldn't accept verbal representation from Commissioner Schundler when they were down there," I thought my head was going to explode.

Christie is a self described conservative who thinks that the Federal Government should keep its hands out of States' affairs, yet is applying for Federal funding. That's sort of hypocritical in and of itself.

But what makes me truly crazy is that one of the main beliefs of the conservative ideology of personal responsibility. Yet not only has he made Schundler (whom I don't really care for either) his scapegoat, he is now suggesting (as evidenced by his quote) that it was the responsibility of the "bureaucrats in Washington" to find his administrations mistakes and fix it for them. If that's not a "nanny state" mentality, I don't know what is.

Seriously?

That's like a child saying they can't be punished because they didn't do their homework because they forgot to bring it home and then suggesting that it was the teacher's responsibility to make sure that the assignment made it into his or her backpack.

WTF?

This is my biggest problem with people like Christie. His ideology only seems to hold true when it's applied to someone else. The minute there are negative consequences for their own actions, they start looking for excuses. Personal responsibility...pfft...that's for everyone else.

I am pretty sure that part of the article was referring to before Christie watched the video of Brett Schundler when they had their panel presentation. According the Christie, Schundler claimed that they didn't let him correct the numbers or something (which was wrong as evidenced on the video). Who knows who is telling the truth, but that is the reason why Christie says he fired Schundler, because Schundler lied to him about it.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Dems Want Christie to Apologize to Obama

As I read this article, my general feeling was that this was nothing but political posturing. I voted for Obama, and didn't vote for Christie, but I do not in any way, shape or form think Chirstie owes the President an apology. Frankly, that's just kind of stupid.

But when I got to the part of the article where Christie is quoted as saying, "When President Obama comes back to New Jersey, he's going to have to explain to the people of New Jersey why he's depriving them of $400 million that this application earned them because one of his bureaucrats in Washington couldn't pick up the phone and ask a question, couldn't go on the Internet and find information or wouldn't accept verbal representation from Commissioner Schundler when they were down there," I thought my head was going to explode.

Christie is a self described conservative who thinks that the Federal Government should keep its hands out of States' affairs, yet is applying for Federal funding. That's sort of hypocritical in and of itself.

But what makes me truly crazy is that one of the main beliefs of the conservative ideology is personal responsibility. Yet not only has he made Schundler (whom I don't really care for either) his scapegoat, he is now suggesting (as evidenced by his quote) that it was the responsibility of the "bureaucrats in Washington" to find his administrations mistakes and fix it for them. If that's not a "nanny state" mentality, I don't know what is.

Seriously?

That's like a child saying they can't be punished because they didn't do their homework because they forgot to bring it home and then suggesting that it was the teacher's responsibility to make sure that the assignment made it into his or her backpack.

WTF?

This is my biggest problem with people like Christie. His ideology only seems to hold true when it's applied to someone else. The minute there are negative consequences for their own actions, they start looking for excuses. Personal responsibility...pfft...that's for everyone else.

Posted on: 2010/9/1 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Nope, he is at fault. He scuttled a winning plan for strictly partisan reasons. The majority of the points lost were due to him removing the union agreement. It is not simply a case of being responsible for work you delegate. He actively sabotaged the application.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 18:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/8 16:02
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
snowflake20 wrote:

Unless Christie wrote out the application himself, I do not see how he is to blame for the error. I have been asked many times by management to "take another look" at budget numbers and stayed at work late to completely change reports last minute and if I made an error and put in the wrong number, it would have been my fault. I would never be able to say "Well you asked me to make changes at the last minute, so it's YOUR fault" to my director or his VP. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Sure, it's not entirely his fault for the error, but he is still accountable for the mistake. Just because you delegate the work doesn't mean you are now no longer responsible for it.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 17:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
4.1 Don't mess with a winning response. If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

5. Don't shoot a political air ball trying to blame the President or the government for the rules of the game. Last time I looked there was no NJ exception, in case we messed up.

Federal proposal rules are typically very mechanical and straight forward. If they asked for something illogical, you give it to them nonetheless.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
#4. Don't cripple your effort just to make political points, as Christie did by striking the union agreement.

The administrative mistakes were small potatoes compared to that action. Christie did that all on his own. If he wants to stick to his action out of some principal, saying that the union agreement is no good, and therefore worth it to lose $400MM for the state, then fine. But Christie is trying to hide behind the clerk's mistake when doing a solo, impossible job.

It was his own action striking the agreement that lost the state the money. Let him fess up to it and takle his lumps, take it like an adult. By trying to hide behind Schundler and the clerk, he exposes himself as the puffy, cowardly, lying weasel he is.

But then again, this state deserves what it gets. The patronage pyramid starts at the local level. People vote for scum all the way up the line, in both Democratic and Republican districts.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 16:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Papadage is spot on!

No matter who did what at the end of the day, the chain of command producing the proposal is responsible for the result -- or in this case, the non-result -- and that chain of command runs all the way to the top.

Having been personally involved in dozens of Federal Government proposal efforts over the years, this fiasco comes down to three bungled basics:

1. No checklist of informational requirements. If there was one, it wasn't followed or rechecked before the proposal was submitted.

2. No review committee -- to ensure that all the checklist requirements were met before you kick the proposal out the door. When $400,000,000 is at stake, you need all hands on deck.

3. Entrusting #1 and #2 to an administrative level employee. At the end of the day, it wasn't just a clerical error; it was a substantive and costly mistake -- so don't conveniently blame the clerk.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Christie directly told the team revising the report to remove the reference to the union agreement, which cost the majority of the point deficit when tallying up the winners. He also assigned a single clerk to revise a 700 page report over a holiday weekend, which is when the mistaken budget numbers were inserted. The prior application by Schundler's team had the correct budget figures.

That is more than just another set of eyes. Christie directly caused all the point losses that cost NJ one of these grants.

Accountability my butt..

Posted on: 2010/8/31 15:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Unless Christie wrote out the application himself, I do not see how he is to blame for the error. I have been asked many times by management to "take another look" at budget numbers and stayed at work late to completely change reports last minute and if I made an error and put in the wrong number, it would have been my fault. I would never be able to say "Well you asked me to make changes at the last minute, so it's YOUR fault" to my director or his VP. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
this 400 mil was just a federal fix to the junkie states that won't admit an addiction to over spending...

Funny thing about those "junkie states" with the spending addictions: they also tend to send a heck of a lot more to Washington than they get back. (NJ happens to have the worst return on their federal taxes in the country.)

Who benefits? The "responsible, conservative anti-Washington establishment" states such as Alaska, the entire South, Texas, etc. Alaska gets more than $5 from Washington for each dollar it pays in. So please - let's not get all "shrink government down to the size you can drown it in the bathtub." At the end of the day, everyone wants theirs. Even the teabaggers.

Posted on: 2010/8/31 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
His cover up has already been revealed. Also, Schundler did no such thing. And it was Christie's edits that caused the omissions.

Why the lies?

Posted on: 2010/8/31 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Schundler admits it was his editing of application that cost New Jersey $400 million in federal education funding

I suppose this headline won't change the Christie Bashers who won't give the guy a chance for change... but I would think that a man with his background would know better than to get invovled with coverups, they are to easy to unravel especially in NJ, someone will always talk... as stated earlier this 400 mil was just a federal fix to the junkie states that won't admit an addiction to over spending...

Posted on: 2010/8/31 11:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Yeah, that makes so much more sense than Christie being an incompetant idealogue. How tight is that tinfoil hat you're wearing? The amount of delusion it takes to try and sell a scenario like that when the plain truth is documented, and on videotape is funny.

It's simple. The application process had a public scoring system. Christie's own actions directly caused the state's application to lose 19 points. The state came in 11th, with two points between it and the tenth place state above it. The first ten states got grants. All publicly documented.

Instead, you give us unicorns and bigfoot.

I can understand being supportive of your party. But man up and admit your guy screwed up. Children and weasels try to shift blame, and lie on top of that.

Posted on: 2010/8/30 20:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Or might have suited all the pols...Christie gets to cut ed deep, Ohio Dems get support.

Quote:

papadage wrote:
Nice try to deflect the blame from the person who actiually did the actual harm. Obama himself probably didn;t even see the applications. Yes, you can choose to be disappointed in the president if you want, but do it for actual things he does, not for reasons that require wearing tinfoil hats.

This is the reason this state gets so many crap governors and other leadership. Tribal politics. You hold leaders responsible. Christie shoudl man up and admit the big mistake he made.

Posted on: 2010/8/30 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Schundler must be forgiven failing to understand the requirments of filing paperwork. His goals were higher, planning how to get a statue of a different SAINT in front of each and every school.

Six months of Schundler as School Commissioner was at least 5 months too long.

And Christie has shown his mettle: "The buck stops there...or there...or there." He's a lying little twat ( forget the "little" part.)
One must remember that lies don't work so well when you are being TAPED!

Say bye-bye to $400 million because NJ elected an idealogic, bombastic, nincompoop as governor.

I guess the next thing for Schundler is running for Councilman-at-Large in Jersey City. Oh joy!

Posted on: 2010/8/29 12:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Nice try to deflect the blame from the person who actiually did the actual harm. Obama himself probably didn;t even see the applications. Yes, you can choose to be disappointed in the president if you want, but do it for actual things he does, not for reasons that require wearing tinfoil hats.

This is the reason this state gets so many crap governors and other leadership. Tribal politics. You hold leaders responsible. Christie shoudl man up and admit the big mistake he made.

Posted on: 2010/8/29 11:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Call me cynical - I don't subscribe to the Republicans nor Democrats....but the Democrat Govenor of Ohio is 8 points behind in the polls, and I want to shaft it to the Republican govenor of NJ ....what better way to do it?

Smart move by the Obama team...but that's exactly what it looks like - a smart politically motivated move, not a real benefit the public move.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publi ... ection_2010_ohio_governor

Posted on: 2010/8/29 3:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Bottom line is the idiots that currently run NJ have caused the state to lose $400 million dollars for our kids education. This could even have lead to a slight DECREASE in our taxes at some point. Then again, with this bunch, maybe not.

Anyone who would find a reason to defend either one of these morons is simply a political whore.

End of story.

Posted on: 2010/8/29 3:03

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact