Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: OPERATION CEASEFIRE - ASAP!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcecker wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
At last week's anti-crime rally at Christ the King Church on Ocean Avenue in Jersey City, residents wanted to know why the Jersey City administration had not implemented a successful statewide anti-violence program called "Operation Ceasefire." Mayor Jerramiah Healy said the entire program would be implemented "ASAP."

Why wasn't it? Was it because the sponsor of the legislation creating the program was Assemblyman Louis Manzo. Too bad the administration ignored the program because $2 million had been set aside for Jersey City to implement the initiative. The money is no longer available.

The above up article came from the Political Insider, Augustin Torres March 11, 2009

Yvonne

If I remember correctly, the article indicated that Healy stated that the program was not fully implemented. That statement infers that it was at least partially implemented. I am curious as to which parts were implemented. I think that if application was not made for the money that it is very unlikely that any of it was implemented. It is unconscionable that if the money was available, the program was available, but that the Healy administration dropped the ball by failing to apply for those funds for political reasons that the administration should be held accountable by the citizens of JC for that failure. If the money is no longer available I doubt very much that the program will ever be implemented regardless of what the mayor says. Specificall what parts of the program were implemented?

If it's true that the entire program was not initiated because opposing mayoral candidate Louis Manzo was the sponsor of the legislation creating the program then we have sunk to a new low in politics.If this is the case then the Healy administration needs to be taken to task for this.
If that is not true then there are still many questions that need to be answered as to why the entire program was not implememted.According to article Mayor Healy said the entire program would be implemented "ASAP".This means that when he said that the program had not been implemented in it's entirety,right?

Two million dollars is alot of money and there needs to be a way to apply again for the money to fully institute the program.

Who controls the money?I don't know but I am sure someone here does know.

For WHATEVER reason funds were lost there needs to be another claim filed for the money.Probably not that easy though.

What does that mean the money is no longer available?
Is it because the money was spent on another City or did we miss some type of deadline.

If it's because a deadline was missed and the money is still unspent then we need to get that money back here.Jersey City can't lose out if the case is that the program was ignored as article says.That's a bunch of BS.

If the money is no longer available because it was spent somewhere else then that's a different story.

Posted on: 2009/3/12 20:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/12 9:14
From Jersey City,nj
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
At last week's anti-crime rally at Christ the King Church on Ocean Avenue in Jersey City, residents wanted to know why the Jersey City administration had not implemented a successful statewide anti-violence program called "Operation Ceasefire." Mayor Jerramiah Healy said the entire program would be implemented "ASAP."

Why wasn't it? Was it because the sponsor of the legislation creating the program was Assemblyman Louis Manzo. Too bad the administration ignored the program because $2 million had been set aside for Jersey City to implement the initiative. The money is no longer available.

The above up article came from the Political Insider, Augustin Torres March 11, 2009

Yvonne

If it's true that the entire program was not initiated because opposing mayoral candidate Louis Manzo was the sponsor of the legislation creating the program then we have sunk to a new low in politics.If this is the case then the Healy administration needs to be taken to task for this.
If that is not true then there are still many questions that need to be answered as to why the entire program was not implememted.According to article Mayor Healy said the entire program would be implemented "ASAP".This means that when he said that the program had not been implemented in it's entirety,right?

Two million dollars is alot of money and there needs to be a way to apply again for the money to fully institute the program.

Who controls the money?I don't know but I am sure someone here does know.

For WHATEVER reason funds were lost there needs to be another claim filed for the money.Probably not that easy though.

What does that mean the money is no longer available?
Is it because the money was spent on another City or did we miss some type of deadline.

If it's because a deadline was missed and the money is still unspent then we need to get that money back here.Jersey City can't lose out if the case is that the program was ignored as article says.That's a bunch of BS.

If the money is no longer available because it was spent somewhere else then that's a different story.

Posted on: 2009/3/12 4:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Nothing like watching a fine tuned business machine at work known as the Healy administration - 2 million would have only bought the city a siht load of cop cars or cctv cameras.

Posted on: 2009/3/11 21:28
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Are we to believe that the Healy group let two million dollars go simply because it was brought in by Mr. Manzo?
If this is true it is unconscionable and the city group against crime should call Healy to task for this major willful blunder.

Posted on: 2009/3/11 17:55

OPERATION CEASEFIRE - ASAP!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Yvonne

Posted on: 2009/3/11 15:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017