Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC booting policy - commercial vehicles
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anh_sc79 wrote:
I've read on this forum that JCPA is not supposed to boot cars unless they have 3 outstanding unpaid tickets (with exception of 2 small parts of the city). Is this policy also applicable to commercial vehicles? Can JCPA boot a commercial vehicle for first time violation of 2 hour zone rule?

How do you expect them to check for un-paid parking tickets when they can't even tell a legal driveway from an illegal one. If your driveway is illegal and someone parks in there just call the J.C.P.A. or the JCPD they will gladly write a ticket without checking if it is legal. It is the J.C. Zoning Dept. that would know requiring an on-site check.

Posted on: 2009/3/11 20:57

JC booting policy - commercial vehicles

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/12 16:44
Group:
Registered Users
I've read on this forum that JCPA is not supposed to boot cars unless they have 3 outstanding unpaid tickets (with exception of 2 small parts of the city). Is this policy also applicable to commercial vehicles? Can JCPA boot a commercial vehicle for first time violation of 2 hour zone rule?

Posted on: 2009/3/11 19:50

Re: J.C. Council Meeting Enacts New Zone Parking Laws
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
And when will the city start enforcing the existing parking regulations around the municipal courthouse? For once I'd like to come home and get into my garage without some needing to find the jerk who parked in front of it. In fact, the entire multi-block section of Summit, between Academy and High Streets is a free for all in terms of parking.

On top of that, the loitering that accompanies traffic court, with bunches of cars idling in front of driveways and hydrants, groups arguing and cat calling, and sitting and drinking publicly on homeowners steps is making the quality of life in the neighborhood dive.

Too bad the city is letting the front of the court become a hellhole.

Posted on: 2009/3/9 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
Sure, just PM me your email. If you know how to post it, please do.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/3/1 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/11 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Christine wrote:
Stimpy55 and Freedom:

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll email it to you directly. In the interim I'll try to figure out how to post it to this thread directly.

christine,

If possible, I'd also like to get a copy of the ordinance.

Posted on: 2009/3/1 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Stimpy55 and Freedom:

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll email it to you directly. In the interim I'll try to figure out how to post it to this thread directly.

Posted on: 2009/3/1 0:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Christine wrote:
There is already an existing ordinance regarding booting that states that, with the exception of the zone around Jersey City University and one zone downtown, booting can only be applied to vehicles with 3 outstanding tickets.

I have a copy of the ordinance. It was faxed to me by an administrative assistant at City Hall. The funny thing is that it's not online...it's that one section of a larger ordinance that wasn't scanned onto the online ordinance library (strange, huh?). If anyone wants a copy, or details, I'll pass it along.

WOW! If Thats true everyone that got booted with no outstanding tickets should DEMAND a refund with interest!

Posted on: 2009/2/28 13:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/6 11:03
Group:
Registered Users
Can I have a copy of the ordinance. Friends car was booted today and didnt have any oustanding tickets.

Thanks

Posted on: 2009/2/28 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There is already an existing ordinance regarding booting that states that, with the exception of the zone around Jersey City University and one zone downtown, booting can only be applied to vehicles with 3 outstanding tickets.

I have a copy of the ordinance. It was faxed to me by an administrative assistant at City Hall. The funny thing is that it's not online...it's that one section of a larger ordinance that wasn't scanned onto the online ordinance library (strange, huh?). If anyone wants a copy, or details, I'll pass it along.

Posted on: 2009/2/9 5:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
Ianmac47

I have been working on this booting situation since last summer and the time change was actually included per request of some of the community groups. I have explained this change to most of the groups that I attend monthly but honestly have been having some concerns about this moving forward. When the booting policy is on the next agenda I will ask to remove the time change portion of the ordinance so we can further think about the pros/cons but we will move forward on the booting/permit changes.

The policies that will be changed through this process include

- consistent booting policy only after 3 tickets

- residential zone permits for residents elsewhere in the city

- Zone permits can now be picked up in city hall as well as at the JC Parking Authority

Hope that helps
Steve

Posted on: 2009/2/8 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The ordinance also would extend resident-only parking hours in several of the city?s nine permit zones. Those that run from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. would change to 8 a.m.-7 p.m. This way, residents won?t have to fear losing their spots to visitors.

Wonderful. So residents won't fear losing "their"s spots, but what about guests of residents?

Posted on: 2009/2/8 15:45

J.C. Council Meeting Enacts New Zone Parking Laws
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.hudsonreporter.com/pages/f ... tories_left_column&open=&

Will you get more chances before you?re booted?
Council postpones several changes to parking laws

by Ricardo Kaulessar

Reporter Staff Writer

01.31.09 - 11:01 pm

GOING GREEN ? The City Council at their Wednesday meeting approved several ordinances promoting green initiatives for city government.slideshow
Wednesday?s City Council meeting in Jersey City finished in little over an hour, but it stood out for what was not on the council agenda.

An ordinance that was withdrawn at the previous council meeting on Jan. 12 was supposed to reappear at a future meeting, but was not brought up again on Wednesday, except when the manager of a local bank commented on it. Officials say they still hope it will come up at a future meeting.

The ordinance will make several changes to Jersey City resident parking policy, including preventing Jersey City residents from getting a ?boot? on their vehicle for a first parking offense. Specifically, residents are currently booted for parking for more than two hours on a street zoned for two-hour parking. The new ordinance would give them that penalty only after three such tickets.

Also, if someone is found to have a boot in error, they would be refunded fully for the fine they had to pay to have the boot removed.

The ordinance also would extend resident-only parking hours in several of the city?s nine permit zones. Those that run from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. would change to 8 a.m.-7 p.m. This way, residents won?t have to fear losing their spots to visitors.

The boot is a steel contraption placed around one of the tires of a person?s car for violations such as parking without a residential permit for the right zone. The Jersey City Parking Authority (JCPA) also doles out $42 tickets when they place a boot on a car. In order for the boot to be removed, a driver has to call an automated collector and pay the $110 fine over the phone.

Then, the customer will receive a code that he can enter into the computerized keypad on the boot, to unlock it. Seventy-five dollars of the fine goes to the JCPA budget, and $35 goes to the company responsible for the boots.

Kicking it forward

City Council President Mariano Vega said at Wednesday?s council meeting that the reason the booting ordinance was removed at the earlier meeting was that there needed to be ?more vetting? by Mayor Jerramiah Healy and other city officials.

At Wednesday?s council meeting, Tim Carlen, branch manager for the Chase Bank at 56 Christopher Columbus Drive (at the base of the 50 Columbus luxury rental tower downtown), told the council that customers sometimes return from the branch see a boot on their tire. The only spots near the bank are for residents and employees of the city who work in that zone, and anyone without a permit may be booted immediately, without even getting two hours.

There are no metered spaces nearby, and the bank doesn?t have a parking lot.

Carlen wanted to know some of if those spaces could become metered spaces.

That?s when Fulop asked when the booting ordinance he had created would be put back on the agenda and hopefully re-introduced at the next meeting, which would have been this past week.

But the city?s business administrator, Brian O? Reilly, said last week that instead, the ordinance is ?expected to be? introduced at the next council meeting.

O?Reilly also met with Carlen during the council meeting to discuss the issue further.

It?s a go for green

The Jersey City City Council also improved unanimously at its Wednesday meeting four ordinances making Jersey City more like ?Green City.?

The ordinances establish environmentally friendly and energy efficient standards for city-owned buildings and future municipal projects.

Also, the city is creating a committee made up of representatives from various city departments to oversee and offer input on the implementation of the initiatives.

The ordinances were crafted by Mayor Healy and his staff for over 18 months. Healy said recently, ?It not only preserves the environment and reduces our carbon footprint, but also saves money in the long run.?

Posted on: 2009/2/8 0:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017