Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: KMART JC (its blue light will soon be dark forever ) …..
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The END is near, the END is near?..

70% off all fine jewelry, 25 to 30% off all fashion clothing, and 25% all summer toys.

The sandwich board people were out on 440 this week. (no cool spinners)

A cashier told me the last day is July 29th.

The place was packed on Saturday ironically they had many cashiers open so lines were moving along nicely. Maybe if they had more than the usual one cashier opened in the past they would have had more sales.

Posted on: 2018/5/23 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Rickels! I grew up with one of the Rickels kids. NBA pro basketball backboard in the driveway, game room with a pool table, bumper pool table, Ping-Pong, killer juke box.

Wow...it was a great store.

Posted on: 2018/5/23 1:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Rickels! I grew up with one of the Rickels kids. NBA pro basketball backboard in the driveway, game room with a pool table, bumper pool table, Ping-Pong, killer juke box.

Posted on: 2018/5/14 23:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc201jc wrote:
i went to the JC KMart a couple of months ago. dreadful. depressing.
kmart has been depressing for years

Posted on: 2018/5/14 16:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/1 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
i went to the JC KMart a couple of months ago. dreadful. depressing.

Posted on: 2018/5/14 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pizzaboye wrote:
I've driven by there hundreds of times and never knew there was a K-Mart back there.

Also, a 200k tax increase? Damn!

Yeah its back there the only fault is the long lines otherwise not a bad place to pickup some things. Sort of like the rt 440 Home Depot and Raymour & Flanigan if you were just driving by you wouldn't know they were there because they are built on a mound of dirt and way back from rt 440.

FYI ? I am not sure about that 200k number it is hard to pin down an address but I do see the whole Stadium Plaza 321 State Route 440 property taxes are going up 130K .

Posted on: 2018/5/14 12:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/1 17:04
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
I've driven by there hundreds of times and never knew there was a K-Mart back there.

Also, a 200k tax increase? Damn!

Posted on: 2018/5/14 3:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Nostalgic old fart, you probably shopped at Rickels and went to ballgames at Roosevelt Stadium.

#I DID

Yes guilty on all counts. Funny I was going to use the rt 440 Rickels as an example of how bad cashier lines could be but didn?t think anyone here would get the joke. That store had some long lines.

Posted on: 2018/5/13 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Nostalgic old fart, you probably shopped at Rickels and went to ballgames at Roosevelt Stadium.

#I DID

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
I saw the bad news this week in the JJ a CLOSING STORE advertisement for the KMART on Rt. 440. Up to 70% off the odd thing was there was also a now hiring seasonal workers line at the bottom. Hmmm. I thought it may be one of those scams where because of the 130 Sears/Kmart stores closing nationwide they would use the CLOSING STORE as a flimflam to draw you in. Well it was true there is a big STORE CLOSING sign up on the front of KMART. I went inside and sure enough everything is marked as sale and some shelves are already empty. (was looking for deals on Craftsman tools)

I have been going to KMART since I guess the 70?s always a good place to pick up a few things. (and yes the cashier lines were just as sloooow and long back then) I used to enjoy the little KMART Caf? inside but that was removed maybe 15 years ago. The greatest Sunrise Surprise Breakfast Platter of all times!!! (thank you Ethel)

I asked around inside the store and someone said it is not a corporate thing it is a lease issue and the landlord wants them out. (just a rumor) I looked at the JC tax increase list and I think the property taxes are going up 200K. Maybe the landlord is looking for a rent increase or maybe they are fishing around for new tenants because of the coming Bayfront project?don?t know.

5/13/2018 ? Someone also said its last day is 90 days from today. (again just a rumor)

KMART will be added to the list of these lost rt 440 department stores.

Bradlees
Great Eastern
Two Guys (where Loews is now)

Resized Image

Posted on: 2018/5/13 16:15

KMART JC (its blue light will soon be dark forever ) …..
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I saw the bad news this week in the JJ a CLOSING STORE advertisement for the KMART on Rt. 440. Up to 70% off the odd thing was there was also a now hiring seasonal workers line at the bottom. Hmmm. I thought it may be one of those scams where because of the 130 Sears/Kmart stores closing nationwide they would use the CLOSING STORE as a flimflam to draw you in. Well it was true there is a big STORE CLOSING sign up on the front of KMART. I went inside and sure enough everything is marked as sale and some shelves are already empty. (was looking for deals on Craftsman tools)

I have been going to KMART since I guess the 70?s always a good place to pick up a few things. (and yes the cashier lines were just as sloooow and long back then) I used to enjoy the little KMART Caf? inside but that was removed maybe 15 years ago. The greatest Sunrise Surprise Breakfast Platter of all times!!! (thank you Ethel)

I asked around inside the store and someone said it is not a corporate thing it is a lease issue and the landlord wants them out. (just a rumor) I looked at the JC tax increase list and I think the property taxes are going up 200K. Maybe the landlord is looking for a rent increase or maybe they are fishing around for new tenants because of the coming Bayfront project?don?t know.

5/13/2018 ? Someone also said its last day is 90 days from today. (again just a rumor)

KMART will be added to the list of these lost rt 440 department stores.

Bradlees
Great Eastern
Two Guys (where Loews is now)

Resized Image

Posted on: 2018/5/13 15:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!