Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Nimbus Dance Works Announces 2012-13 Season
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/24 0:38
From Hamilton Park Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I would be interested in adult dance classes also, ballet and modern dance

Posted on: 2012/9/22 16:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/24 2:10
Group:
Registered Users
I see from your website you have a dance school, but I only see children mentioned. Will you offer adult beginner ballet classes? I would love to see that as I have to go into nyc now for classes (which I take 4x/week). There is nothing available in the area at all.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 15:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/17 4:05
Group:
Registered Users
so great to have a professional high standard dance troupe in JC!!

Posted on: 2012/9/20 14:16

Nimbus Dance Works Announces 2012-13 Season
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/3 21:25
Group:
Registered Users
Nimbus Dance Works?s 9th season marks the company?s most extensive year of performances and programs to date. The diverse set of company programs range from a New York City season at the Alvin Ailey Citigroup Theater, a multi-faceted project involving the staging of Charles Weidman?s classic modern dance Lynchtown, a new venue and new partnerships for Jersey City Nutcracker, and major expansions to the company?s community work in Jersey City. Known for bringing high level concert dance to diverse communities, the company?s 2012-13 season is expected to bring dance to over 12,000 individuals including 4,000 students in the Jersey City Public Schools. Performance highlights include the company?s debut at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC), Centenary College, the Major Artist Series at The Theater at Raritan Valley, Flushing Town Hall, and the Jersey City Artists Studio Tour. Additionally, the company will return to Rutgers University, to The Putney School (Vermont) and to Grace Church Van Vorst for the company?s Jersey City Spring Season.

Says Nimbus Artistic Director Samuel Pott: ?We are seeing the results of a concerted effort by the company?s board, staff, and dancers to strategically build the company through collaboration and partnership with like-minded organizations and individuals. It remains my strong belief, and a guiding principle for Nimbus Dance Works, that the arts become more relevant and viable when they reach into people?s lives in direct ways. We are thrilled and grateful for the support and partnerships that have permitted us to continue to expand our work.?

Dance Speaks Out: Lynchtown/Thistown

The result of several years of planning, Dance Speaks Out: Lynchtown/Thistown is a multi-faceted project that brings Nimbus into collaboration with The Charles Weidman Dance Foundation to present a rare staging of Weidman?s classic work, Lynchtown (1936). This seminal modern dance work, choreographed in response to Weidman?s witnessing a lynching as a boy in Nebraska, is recognized for the poignancy of its depiction of mob violence and hatred. In addition to presenting performances of Lynchtown throughout New Jersey and in New York City, the company will present a new work by Samuel Pott inspired by the socio-political activism of Lynchtown and set to commissioned music by composer Peter Saleh. The company will additionally work with students from five New Jersey high schools guiding these students to create dances that explore socio-political issues relevant to their own lives. On June 9th in a gala statewide event, the five participating high schools will join Nimbus Dance Works at Rutgers University?s Mastrobuono Theater to perform Lynchtown and the newly-created student dances. Finally, the company has enlisted the Professor Jeff Friedman of Rutgers University to present a multi-media lecture series related to the project (supported by a grant from the New Jersey Council on the Humanities) and filmmaker Raafi Rivero to document the project.

New York City Season at Ailey Citigroup Theater

Nimbus Dance Works returns to New York City for a three night engagement at the Ailey Citigroup Theater, February 15th-17th, 2013, where the company will present works by modern dance pioneer Charles Weidman, by Cuban-American choreographer Pedro Ruiz, and by Artistic Director Samuel Pott. Mr. Pott will present the New York premiere of his 2012 work Scarabs, created in collaboration with Hong Kong composer Samson Young and visual artist Nicola Lopez. Performances of Charles Weidman?s Lynchtown will feature live music by Peter Saleh. An additional commissioned work by an international choreographer will be performed, details soon to be released.
Jersey City Nutcracker

Nimbus?s Jersey City Nutcracker, a full-length production that adapts the classic holiday ballet to a modern urban setting, will be presented at Frank R. Conwell school in Downtown Jersey City, December 19th-23rd. This large venue allows for the expansion of the production that will involve the participation of over 100 youth performers alongside the professional company. Participating student performers are drawn from the School of Nimbus Dance Works, Middle School #4, Martin Center for the Arts, Henry Snyder High School, Jersey City Dance Academy, Next Step Broadway, and other New Jersey dance schools.

Please visit Nimbus Dance Works website for a full calendar of events and information about performances, the School, and opportunities to participate: www.nimbusdanceworks.org

Posted on: 2012/9/19 22:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017