Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 143

more...

Browsing this Thread:   3 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 15 »

Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 15:31
Group:
Registered Users
They have a parking permit for that out of state plates piece of crap they're driving around in?

Also, I spoke with a friend who was walking down Newark Ave when these 2 were out there. The 6 cops surrounding them were pushing and telling people they weren't allowed on the same side of the street.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

colleen wrote:
yeahRight?

Cuz a 5 foot nothing girl on platforms and her gal pal can easily carry a mattress/box spring 3 blocks on a windy day with a flim crew and assorted hangers-on in tow.

Haters gonna hate

Lady, if the cameras aren't rolling they're not lifting a finger although the two of them trying to drag a mattress down the street could have filled a good minute or two of screen time. BTW? "haters gonna hate" makes you sound like you're trying too hard. Sorry, it's true.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
yeahRight?

Cuz a 5 foot nothing girl on platforms and her gal pal can easily carry a mattress/box spring 3 blocks on a windy day with a flim crew and assorted hangers-on in tow.

Haters gonna hate

Posted on: 2012/2/28 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, pretty ridiculous that they took that ridiculous SUV a few blocks to Newark Ave from Mercer St.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 12:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Those photos! It seems so real! I can feel the local economy on the uptick! Thank god they had wheels, it's such a long trip from Mercer St!!

So many people are pretending it's real! You're really pulling back the curtain!

Posted on: 2012/2/28 12:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Those photos! It seems so real! I can feel the local economy on the uptick! Thank god they had wheels, it's such a long trip from Mercer St!!

Posted on: 2012/2/28 4:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/16 21:02
Group:
Registered Users
They were filming in O'Connell's Bar/Restaurant this evening. Not sure if they were just eating there or if that is where one of them is going to work.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 4:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
JWOW and SNOOKI bought a lot of stuff at Sleep Cheap on Newark Avenue today.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/2/28 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
People misunderstand me and others posting on this thread.

Go ahead and drink until you die, tan until you get skin cancer, be promiscuous and sleep around with whoever and whenever. I don't really care.

However, when you appear on a show that has the word "New Jersey" or "jersey" in it, I'm associated with that crap because I'm a resident. I don't know how many times I get the "oh, you're a big fan of the jersey shore I guess?" question just because I live in NJ.

Way to take a show about two women you don't know and make it about you. lulz.

omgz "Coming to America" must have a reflection on me as an American!!! Please..

Quote:
So yes, it directly affects my quality of life to be put into the same sentence as garbage such as the jersey shore... Not to mention my tax dollars for the police, the added traffic, etc...

Affects your quality of life? How? The show is paying for the police and you implicitly allow for added traffic by living in a city. These things happen in cities. If you don't want that, move to a rural area.

Quote:
If the largest strip club in the world opened up in Jersey City, I have every right to advocate against and boycott against the club because it ruins my community and the city. This is the same, but in many cases, worse scenario because however large and appealing the strip club is, the jersey shore and those two idiots are even more appealing to people....

Or, you could just not go there and live your own life.

Quote:
Anyways, my last post on this subject. I fail to get how many of you don't understand that NOT ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY. Jersey City is already associated with so many negative things to add one more to the list and say, "well, jersey city doesn't have the best reputation" is retarded. I mean retarded in the forrest gump sense and I hesitate to even say that because I'm sure forrest gump grasps this concept more so than some of the people here.

If President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran decided to stay in Jersey City, I hope all businesses put up signs saying "No Ahmadinejad" even if he decided to come into your store and act civil..it's what he stands for that we should be against. Just because you did it in excess doesn't mean that it should be promoted on TV with millions of teens watching (some of who are your daughters and sons) and in your city or state.....

No, I think what we're saying is that Snooki being here doesn't matter and won't really affect our lives. It's nothing to get up in arms about.

Quote:

I give up. Go Ahead and embrace snooki and jwoww..no wonder American kids are doing so well in school....

Ya, because life was much greater before Snooks came to town. Parents, dude. Parents.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 1:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/24 2:10
Group:
Registered Users
As someone who lives two doors down from the firehouse, I am pleased to see how unobstrusive the crew/crowds have been. They are confining onlookers to the opposite side of the street (in front of a commerical building). Even if they are in the middle of filming something, I've never been prevented from walking directly down the sidewalk to my apartment. The police officers are very cordial and there is no question the block is very safe (same block where a woman was robbed at knifepoint not too long ago).
And to the neighbor who was worried about being caught on film-- they can't use your image in any recognizable manner unless you sign a consent form, so no worries there.

Posted on: 2012/2/28 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
We should all care a lot more about the real "trash" issue that litters our streets and clogs our sewers then care about these two trashy bimbos that will be gone before you know it.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cityjersey wrote:

Says the Guy debating the value of Jersey Shore on a small online web forum in the middle of a week day...

Jersey Shore is nothing but a modern day minstrel show of Italian American stereotypes.

My responses are a few sentences. Not a 40 paragraph diatribe on how "reality" tv is somehow pertuating a stereotype of a group of people. You know why stereotypes exist? Because there is a grain of truth to them. You may not like them, or agree with them, but that's a fact. A bunch of people didn't just say, "hey, you know what we should do. We should start saying that Italians are in the mafia, and live in north jersey in gaudy houses, while their wives stay home and gossip about the neighborhood." Is that true of all Italians? No. Are there other people of different backgrounds that do the same thing? Yes. People need to stop being so sensitive to every little issue. I am of 100% italian descent and I could care less about the Jersey stereotype. I don't fit in it, and it doesn't bother me one bit. Lighten up a bit. The entire universe is not out to get you believe it or not. You place far too much importance on yourself.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 21:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/2 19:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Andre? DiMino needs to get a hobby.

Says the Guy debating the value of Jersey Shore on a small online web forum in the middle of a week day...

Jersey Shore is nothing but a modern day minstrel show of Italian American stereotypes.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Ryan215 wrote:
Hello to all.

I moved to Jersey City (Mercer and Jersey) about 9 months ago. I felt the need to join JCList in order to chime in here and say that the wine store on Jersey Avenue will no longer get by business. I'm pretty sure the owner doesn't care about losing my six pack of business per week, but I needed to get this off my chest.

I went there on Friday to buy some beers, with no knowledge of the "No Snooki" sign. When I encountered the sign, I asked the owner if he was serious. He seemed super proud, and asked me if I had seen the story on TMZ. I had not. I told him that I didn't understand and to lighten up, and he shut the door in my face, seemingly shocked that someone didn't agree with him.

I can understand bars and restaurants not allowing film crews as to not ruin the dining experience for others. But the idea of a liquor store or pet store banning people they've never met comes off to me as extremely ignorant and, well, miserable.

Until these girls somehow impede on your day-to-day life or negatively affect your business, why not treat them like you'd treat anyone else?

agreed. I'm no fan of the show, but these signs just make us as a city look petty and hateful.

who the hell are we - with our drunk mayor and our own human failings - to suggest that any individual is beneath us?

Posted on: 2012/2/27 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
This is how all of your negativity is going to screw Jersey City. The girls were out shopping on Central Avenue today (2/27/12) for house supplies. I don?t know anything about the Kennedy Department Store. Is it a half way decent place to shop?

JWoww and Snooki hit the Jersey City Heights on shopping excursion

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... snooki_hit_the_jerse.html

What I can see happening is that all of the half way decent (newer) stores, restaurants, and bars denied filming so the girls are going to be shot in what JC is best known for? it?s 99 cent stores and chicken joints. The store owners probably couldn?t wait to sign up to be on camera. In the 99 cent store I go to the owner has one freakin tooth in his mouth. Great!

PS ? Happy Birthday Jwow!!

Posted on: 2012/2/27 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
If President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran decided to stay in Jersey City, I hope all businesses put up signs saying "No Ahmadinejad" even if he decided to come into your store and act civil..it's what he stands for that we should be against. Just because you did it in excess doesn't mean that it should be promoted on TV with millions of teens watching (some of who are your daughters and sons) and in your city or state.....

I give up. Go Ahead and embrace snooki and jwoww..no wonder American kids are doing so well in school....

That you're proudly drawing a comparison between a despotic, murderous leader of a repressed regime and a pair of tipsy, giggling reality show stars tells me that our school system has already done terribly wrong by at least one person.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
I don't know how many times I get the "oh, you're a big fan of the jersey shore I guess?" question just because I live in NJ.

If that's the only thing people think to ask when they meet you....says a bit more about you than it does about the show.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go, Hey Cartman, you must like Family Guy, right? Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of Family Guy, Cartman. I am NOTHING like Family Guy! When I make jokes, they are inherent to a story! Deep, situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a POINT! Not just one interchangeable joke after another! --- Eric Cartman - South Park

Posted on: 2012/2/27 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
People misunderstand me and others posting on this thread.

Go ahead and drink until you die, tan until you get skin cancer, be promiscuous and sleep around with whoever and whenever. I don't really care.

However, when you appear on a show that has the word "New Jersey" or "jersey" in it, I'm associated with that crap because I'm a resident. I don't know how many times I get the "oh, you're a big fan of the jersey shore I guess?" question just because I live in NJ. So yes, it directly affects my quality of life to be put into the same sentence as garbage such as the jersey shore... Not to mention my tax dollars for the police, the added traffic, etc...

If the largest strip club in the world opened up in Jersey City, I have every right to advocate against and boycott against the club because it ruins my community and the city. This is the same, but in many cases, worse scenario because however large and appealing the strip club is, the jersey shore and those two idiots are even more appealing to people....

Anyways, my last post on this subject. I fail to get how many of you don't understand that NOT ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY. Jersey City is already associated with so many negative things to add one more to the list and say, "well, jersey city doesn't have the best reputation" is retarded. I mean retarded in the forrest gump sense and I hesitate to even say that because I'm sure forrest gump grasps this concept more so than some of the people here.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Andre? DiMino needs to get a hobby.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
http://blog.nj.com/njv_guest_blog/201 ... ys_embrace_of_snooki.html

By Andre? DiMino

?It was the best of times, it was the worst of times ??

No, it?s not the French peasantry being demoralized, as Charles Dickens wrote in ?A Tale of Two Cities,? but the people ? especially the Italian-American people ? of two cities, right here in New Jersey.

Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer denied filming permits to a spin-off of MTV?s disgraceful ?Jersey Shore? reality show. But, within days, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy rolled out the welcome mat to these malcontents. MTV?s ?Jersey Shore? has been a blight on New Jersey, as well as an insult to all Italian-Americans. Why would any community want to be associated with the bad acts, lewdness, inebriation, violence against women, crudeness and other garbage spewed by this trash programming? Mayor Zimmer, in stark contrast to her counterpart in Jersey City, has done the right thing and we officially commend her for that with the Italian American ONE VOICE Coalition ?Una Voce? Award. (?Una Voce? means ?One Voice? in Italian.)

Mayor Healy, what were you thinking? Your quick embrace of ?Jersey Shore? to promote Jersey City not only shows poor judgment but also threatens to, once again, sink the reputation of the city you lead ? all for a few moments of infamy on MTV.

We call on Mayor Healy to reverse his decision, do the right thing for all New Jersey and just say no to the negative stereotypes and garbage spewed by this trash programming. In contrast, several Jersey City bar owners denied permission to use their establishments to film. We thank Skinner?s Loft, LITM and Barcade for doing the right thing. Bravo!

Our organization is in a constant battle against the continued and accelerating stereotyping and denigration of Italian-Americans. The explosion of horrendous reality shows, like ?Jersey Shore,? ?Mob Wives? and others, and constant depiction of Italian-Americans in mainstream media as criminals, mobsters, bimbos and buffoons, is disgraceful and unacceptable. We objected to ?Jersey Shore? and its ilk since before its debut and we will continue to do so.

The plethora and ubiquity of this type of brainless and denigrating reality programming are exploding, no doubt fueled by huge ratings for ?Jersey Shore.? It seems a new industry has been spawned to produce shows with cookie-cutter stereotypes of Italian-Americans, acting badly and striving for new lows in behavior. The bimbos and buffoons on these shows, starving for their 15 minutes of fame, live up to the pseudo-reality their puppet-master producers create in their desire to tell the world this is what Italian-Americans are really like.

It is self-evident that Italian-Americans were, and continue to be, the only ethnic group that it is totally acceptable to negatively stereotype and demean. This is certainly rampant in fictional works, such as HBO?s ?Sopranos.? But what?s different with ?Jersey Shore? and shows like it is that it is promoted as ?reality? and I believe that is what has galvanized so many Italian-Americans to be so vehemently opposed to this disgusting series and MTV.

It doesn?t stop there. Italian-American denigration is seen, across the board, with supposedly responsible people like political commentator Bob Beckel, a host of ?The Five? on Fox News. Beckel has repeatedly used the pejorative terms ?greaseballs? and ?guidos? when referring to Italian-Americans. Although he apologized for insensitive remarks about other ethnicities, and rightly so, he has yet to apologize for his hate speech toward Italian-Americans ? even after a barrage of calls and e-mail messages from ONE VOICE activists and many others. We know about the firing of Don Imus and, very recently, an ESPN editor, for pejorative comments about other races and ethnicities. But when it comes to Italian-Americans, there is no reproach.

And that precisely defines the double standard we face every day ? it is off limits to stereotype and denigrate other ethnicities, but it is de rigueur for Italian-Americans.
And that brings us back to our tale of two cities ? Hoboken and Jersey City ? a sharp contrast, not only for Italian-Americans, but for all the people of New Jersey.

Andre? DiMino is president of the Italian American ONE VOICE Coalition.

And not everyone is of Italian heritage in the show the main star Snooki was born in Chile in South America. Why do they use the Italian heritage to promote their demeaning show ? Try picking another heritage I doubt it would get that far.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 16:27
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
http://blog.nj.com/njv_guest_blog/201 ... ys_embrace_of_snooki.html

By Andre? DiMino

?It was the best of times, it was the worst of times ??

No, it?s not the French peasantry being demoralized, as Charles Dickens wrote in ?A Tale of Two Cities,? but the people ? especially the Italian-American people ? of two cities, right here in New Jersey.

Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer denied filming permits to a spin-off of MTV?s disgraceful ?Jersey Shore? reality show. But, within days, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy rolled out the welcome mat to these malcontents. MTV?s ?Jersey Shore? has been a blight on New Jersey, as well as an insult to all Italian-Americans. Why would any community want to be associated with the bad acts, lewdness, inebriation, violence against women, crudeness and other garbage spewed by this trash programming? Mayor Zimmer, in stark contrast to her counterpart in Jersey City, has done the right thing and we officially commend her for that with the Italian American ONE VOICE Coalition ?Una Voce? Award. (?Una Voce? means ?One Voice? in Italian.)

Mayor Healy, what were you thinking? Your quick embrace of ?Jersey Shore? to promote Jersey City not only shows poor judgment but also threatens to, once again, sink the reputation of the city you lead ? all for a few moments of infamy on MTV.

We call on Mayor Healy to reverse his decision, do the right thing for all New Jersey and just say no to the negative stereotypes and garbage spewed by this trash programming. In contrast, several Jersey City bar owners denied permission to use their establishments to film. We thank Skinner?s Loft, LITM and Barcade for doing the right thing. Bravo!

Our organization is in a constant battle against the continued and accelerating stereotyping and denigration of Italian-Americans. The explosion of horrendous reality shows, like ?Jersey Shore,? ?Mob Wives? and others, and constant depiction of Italian-Americans in mainstream media as criminals, mobsters, bimbos and buffoons, is disgraceful and unacceptable. We objected to ?Jersey Shore? and its ilk since before its debut and we will continue to do so.

The plethora and ubiquity of this type of brainless and denigrating reality programming are exploding, no doubt fueled by huge ratings for ?Jersey Shore.? It seems a new industry has been spawned to produce shows with cookie-cutter stereotypes of Italian-Americans, acting badly and striving for new lows in behavior. The bimbos and buffoons on these shows, starving for their 15 minutes of fame, live up to the pseudo-reality their puppet-master producers create in their desire to tell the world this is what Italian-Americans are really like.

It is self-evident that Italian-Americans were, and continue to be, the only ethnic group that it is totally acceptable to negatively stereotype and demean. This is certainly rampant in fictional works, such as HBO?s ?Sopranos.? But what?s different with ?Jersey Shore? and shows like it is that it is promoted as ?reality? and I believe that is what has galvanized so many Italian-Americans to be so vehemently opposed to this disgusting series and MTV.

It doesn?t stop there. Italian-American denigration is seen, across the board, with supposedly responsible people like political commentator Bob Beckel, a host of ?The Five? on Fox News. Beckel has repeatedly used the pejorative terms ?greaseballs? and ?guidos? when referring to Italian-Americans. Although he apologized for insensitive remarks about other ethnicities, and rightly so, he has yet to apologize for his hate speech toward Italian-Americans ? even after a barrage of calls and e-mail messages from ONE VOICE activists and many others. We know about the firing of Don Imus and, very recently, an ESPN editor, for pejorative comments about other races and ethnicities. But when it comes to Italian-Americans, there is no reproach.

And that precisely defines the double standard we face every day ? it is off limits to stereotype and denigrate other ethnicities, but it is de rigueur for Italian-Americans.
And that brings us back to our tale of two cities ? Hoboken and Jersey City ? a sharp contrast, not only for Italian-Americans, but for all the people of New Jersey.

Andre? DiMino is president of the Italian American ONE VOICE Coalition.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
No sign is needed. In June we (Vigil included) can all find something else to b*tch about.

True - in about 6 six weeks, this will all be over! How it became so controversial I do not understand.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 12:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
No sign is needed. In June we (Vigil included) can all find something else to b*tch about.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 7:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
We absolutely do not support reality tv. (Except maybe Gold Rush. And American Chopper.) We also did not allow camera crews in our place. If they want to come and eat fine. Just no cameras and all that nonsense. You don't get "roped in" to one of these shows. You sign a release and when you do so, you run the risk of being humiliated in front of millions of people. Sorry Vigil.

That's fine - so do you put up a sign that says "NO CAMERA CREWS" or a sign that says "NO SNOOKI" ?

Because there is a difference, believe it or not.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 7:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Stay on topic. This thread is about Jersey Shore and as much as we may not like the thin line between pop culture and talent, who cares? You're actually "supporting" them just by talking about them. Sorry Vigil.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 6:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
We absolutely do not support reality tv. (Except maybe Gold Rush. And American Chopper.) We also did not allow camera crews in our place. If they want to come and eat fine. Just no cameras and all that nonsense. You don't get "roped in" to one of these shows. You sign a release and when you do so, you run the risk of being humiliated in front of millions of people. Sorry Vigil.

These people have finally found a business owner they hate more than you and you start chiming in? I would advise you to stay on the sidelines and just let them beat on the wine guy awhile.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 6:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/2/27 6:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Vigilante wrote:
Why did you stop? Our mayor hasn't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/23/nyregion/23mayor.html

Yeah it is kind of sick? our Mayor doing that crap in his 50?s along with ?The Situation? and Pauly D. doing it in their 30?s. You?ve got to know when to hang it up and move on with life. Although I do have a friend who like Matthew McConaughey?s Dazed and Confused character David Wooderson keeps on truckin?. He is still going strong at the shore bar scene every summer. (but I am pretty sure his ?competition? record is still zero)

One thing I will say about the Jersey Shore show is that even with all of the screwed up antics going on they do throw in some safe sex talk (they should have more) and they NEVER drive after drinking. (at least while the camera?s rolling) The most disturbing thing to me is that they ALL smoke cigarettes. All of that hard work keeping their bodies in shape and they throw it away by smoking. Back in the day we smoked a few dobies now and than but never any cancer sticks. (we used the sun to give use cancer)

Thank you for starting this shore thread it brought back some great memories for me. Maybe I will dust off my size 36 Wrangler cut off shorts and go Corvette shopping this week. (can anyone recommend a good hair dye? Oh yeah and a good tailor?) Hey I may just start a ?competition? list of my own. Watch out girls?err I mean ladies?err I mean old ladies..err I am really old ladies. Never mind I?ll just stick with my memories.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 5:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:
vindication15 wrote:

Do you know how many young teens are influenced by the idiocy of these two morons? How many teens drink excessively, promote stereotypes, tan excessively, and spend 90% of their life focused on relationships based on the above items...What was it..4 million viewers or more?

-Promotes violence against women (1)
-Promotes Public lewdness and drunkenness (2)
-Promotes teen tanning which is extremely harmful to your health (skin cancer anyone?) (3)
-Promotes binge drinking (4)
-Promotes overall idiocy (5)

Why does everyone put America?s current teen problems on the shoulders of an MTV show called Jersey Shore that?s been on air maybe 2 years? Jackass yes, but Jersey Shore? The above has been going on for the last 40 plus years. You could air Jersey Shore and say it was shot in 1977 and it would work. Nothing has changed in almost 40 years. (Ok the drinking age back then was 18 *) Where did all of those teens over the years (myself included) learn how to act like idiots? We didn?t have MTV so I guess it just came naturally.

I was in on a summer house down the shore in the 70?s for many years. There were maybe 9 of us. Because money was tight for college kids we recruited people from outside of our normal crew. So to fill 3 shares we included 2 guys from Nutley and one guy from Staten Island. Yes 3 Guido?s. Back then Guido was not a bad thing; I don?t know why the Italian League thinks it is today. I am sure some of them donned gold chains and owned a few silk shirts back in the day. I think Nutley still has a spray painted ?Guido town? on one of their overhead train trestles.

This is Jersey Shore the1970's edition.

1-The 3 Italian guys kept a chart of all of their sexual conquests inside of their closet doors. The 2 guys from Nutley actually had a competition to see who had the most ?wins? at the end of the summer. (don?t tell the Gloria Steinem crowd) At least Mike and Pauley call a cab for their dates to leave in. (for the record the others and I had close to zero) (hey 70?s girls why did you only go home with the Guido?s back then, was it their mustaches?)

2-The drinking and shenanigans at house parties was wild. (shore rule number one NEVER have a party at your own house, especially if your names are on the lease..duh) Hundreds of people stuffed in little shore bungalows with unlimited free booze. (the ticket to get into most parties was a case of beer) You know it was only a matter of time before some slob clogged the only toilet bowl with a major league dugan forcing everyone find the nearest bush (or ocean). As long as you were outdoors why not make your way down to the beach and go skinny dipping in the ocean. Nothing like being nude and drunk swimming in the ocean not knowing where the shore line disappeared to..how liberating. Rip tide what rip tide? Thank goodness iphones and youtube were not invented yet. Wait a minute thank goodness we survived!

3-Body wise we all lifted weights Friday evening at the Gym before our road trip down the shore. We also kept a small supply of dumbbells (no pun intended) in the house for the Saturday night touch up. (all natural baby no need for juice back then) Tanning was at the beach not a parlor. We lay out for hours at a time with thick layers of baby oil on our bodies. (SPF negative 100) I have things now growing on (and out of) my body that look like little sea creatures. I keep getting ?looking for new exhibits? flyers from the Coney Island Freak Show in the mail. I also have been getting a few from NASA, something about them wanting my sun hardened skin to cover their space capsules for re-entry. But I had a great tan in the 70?s!. No scheduled Laundromat trips that I recall, except for the occasional emengency puke on the shirt wash and dry. I think I went down with a pair of cutoff shorts and a few T-shirts that?s all. Yes the 3 Italian guys always came down with a shi* load of clothes and hair product. (hmm maybe that was their secret in getting girls?look decent)

4-Everyone drank starting Friday night into Sunday evening. The scary thing was the drinking started up north with cases of beer being consumed ON the drive down the shore. (how freakin? stupid letting kids drink legally at 18, I still have nightmares about what COULD have been) The lines at the shore liquor stores were constant and long but not as long as the lines to get into the clubs. (remember Mont-guido Bay?). For fun we kept all of the cardboard bottoms from our cases of Miller lite (cheapest beer at the time) in a kitchen pantry closet. At the end of the summer we had hundreds. Just like today the key was to drink at home in order to save money at the bars. Although I will never forget the ?5 mugs of beer for a dollar? nights at D-Jays in Belmar.

5-The fights (between rival houses, cities, states) in bars, clubs and the boardwalk, property damage (lost quite a bit of security deposit money every summer), the noise complaints (our neighbors never understood why we needed to have loud music playing at 3 am when we came home from the bars), the arrests (no comment, hey there weren?t any nearby available indoor bathrooms and I HAD to go officer). Talk about self taught idiocy.

Yeah nothing has changed in 40 plus years. And speaking of ?No Snookie? signs. Another funny thing back then was the ?No Bennies? signs down the Shore. I think the year round shore home owners and shore businesses only put then up in the winter though. Funny you never saw a ?No Bennies? sign in the summer I guess they didn?t want to lose out on all of the summer ?Bennie? money. Hypocrite$ indeed.

* NJ lowered its drinking age from 21 to 18 in 1973; raised it to 19 in 1980 and raised it to 21 on Jan 1 1983.

Why did you stop? Our mayor hasn't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/23/nyregion/23mayor.html

Posted on: 2012/2/27 0:00

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 15 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact