Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 15 »


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/5/7 15:41
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 152
Offline
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
By the way, there is a mantra amongst many people in the film business when it comes to getting the shot they want. "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission". Good luck to the home-owners and business-owners who will be living near this circus.


That's a great point. Jersey City should ban all filming in the city. No exceptions.


That would be fine with me since filming benefits very few actual residents. When six 23 year olds are running around with video cameras at 2am trying to document these two geniuses then you will grasp what I am saying. Like most young "filmmakers" they will simply incorporate the cops into their shoot. "Oh well, we got busted but we got it all on film".


Are you the fortune teller on Newark Ave? Your ability to predict things is astonishing!

Posted on: 2012/2/15 15:52
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/11 3:28
Last Login :
2017/1/5 1:56
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Posts: 2889
Offline
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
By the way, there is a mantra amongst many people in the film business when it comes to getting the shot they want. "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission". Good luck to the home-owners and business-owners who will be living near this circus.


That's a great point. Jersey City should ban all filming in the city. No exceptions.


That would be fine with me since filming benefits very few actual residents. When six 23 year olds are running around with video cameras at 2am trying to document these two geniuses then you will grasp what I am saying. Like most young "filmmakers" they will simply incorporate the cops into their shoot. "Oh well, we got busted but we got it all on film".

Posted on: 2012/2/15 15:49
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/5/7 15:41
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 152
Offline
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
By the way, there is a mantra amongst many people in the film business when it comes to getting the shot they want. "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission". Good luck to the home-owners and business-owners who will be living near this circus.


That's a great point. Jersey City should ban all filming in the city. No exceptions.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 15:34
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/11 3:28
Last Login :
2017/1/5 1:56
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Posts: 2889
Offline
By the way, there is a mantra amongst many people in the film business when it comes to getting the shot they want. "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission". Good luck to the home-owners and business-owners who will be living near this circus.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 15:28
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/10/7 15:46
Last Login :
Today 2:12
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3169
Offline
Keep up the good work and you will have your life?s dream of a mention in The New York Times come true?..(or is the NYT?s to hip to even run a piece about Jwoww and Snookie?)


When Tents Rise in a Park, Residents See a Takeover


Hey didn?t vidication15 said this?
(you should have copyrighted it)

?It?s an assault on the neighborhood,?



Hey did you guys try this yet? ....they "sent a ?cease and desist? letter to the city"

Posted on: 2012/2/15 14:09
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/4/20 15:31
Last Login :
6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 373
Offline
And the dumbing down of America continues....

Posted on: 2012/2/15 4:34
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/10/19 1:18
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1578
Offline
Quote:

JerseyAveGirl wrote:
As much as I love this topic, it is amazing how many posts/replies this topic has gotten (200+). This show is taping for six weeks, it is but a snipet of our lives. If such fevor was instead focused on corrupt politics or getting rid of bad burocreacy then JC would get better.
Instead of starting a petition over the Jersey Shore, start one against Healey and his cronies, the buildings permit department, crime or any one of the other issues that really does effect the quality of our lives long term.


What "fevor" are you talking about? A bunch of people bitching about something online and thinking they have actually accomplished something? That is exactly what people do about Healy and his cronies, the building department, crime and any of the other issues that really effect the quality of our lives long term. "Somebody should call the buildings department." "Somebody should call Fulop." "We should annex Hobloken and make Zimmer our mayor." Really? I'd love to meet this Somebody.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 4:25
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/11 3:28
Last Login :
2017/1/5 1:56
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Posts: 2889
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
I have mixed feelings on this. The reasons against it have been stated by everyone else pretty clearly.

With that in mind, I think that one can take a longer term view that the city should be encouraging filming, and if we are going to get all tied up over the content of a particular show, it will be less likely that tv and film crews will want to try to negotiate with Jersey City whenever they want to film here.

It's very possible that the producers, film crews, etc will be involved in other projects, and if Jersey City is a reasonably affordable place to film without too much bureaucratic hassle, maybe they will be back with other projects.

I don't watch too much TV, and never watched "Mercy." But if that show had succeeded, it would have been good for the city to have a regular filming presence. If we have regular film crews, just two or three shows shooting on location for an extended period of time, the local businesses will do better. Maybe some local actors and camera crew will get gigs out of it. A few people involved may like the place and move here.

It's only six weeks. Any "image" problems that come from it dwarf in comparison to the black eye we have from the corruption scandals and the like. I suspect we can live with a few weeks of Snooki and JWoww making fools of themselves and saying unflattering things about the city.


Sorry but I work in film and your post is very naive. Work in film is gotten through a network of people who know you, like you, trust you etc. There is NEVER any consideration as to where a crew member lives. Basically you follow the work. I have worked all over NY and NJ and travelled out of state for work. Most commercial, TV and feature film crews stopped shooting in JC because of the hassle, cost and corruption of our city agencies. Most notably the JCPD. It just wasn't cost effective anymore. You could save money on a location fee but the money paid to the half dozen officers you didn't need was ridiculous. The money paid to local businesses is minimal as most catered food, truck rentals etc, etc are gotten in NYC or elsewhere in NJ. The connection between MTV and the rest of the production world is zero. They hire young, recent grads, call them "Associate Producers" and pay them peanuts. They are interns with a title and are routinely abused and over-worked. These people will shoot all night long without regard. Sorry but that's the truth.
You may be right but didn't the production company for "Mercy" pay Basic Cafe a wad of money to shoot a few scenes, store equipment and feed the cast in there? Whether local businesses benefit very much is one thing but at the end of the day its a capitalist society and a free country and they have every right to film here if they follow all the appropriate procedures and get the necessary permits. Every time I see a post about the show causing damage to Jersey Cit's "reputation", I laugh. This show can't damage Jersey City's "reputation" any more than the current administration already has damaged it. If you have "civic pride" that;'s great but I don't see how this show will do anything to the city's "reputation". Sorry if you get embarassed by the "spectacle" Jwoww & Snooki will make of this city. Boo f---in' hoo.


http://www.examiner.com/jersey-shore- ... ww-s-jersey-shore-spinoff

Like I wrote, the production is forced to have cops on set 24 hours a day. That's probably 4 cops at about $400-$450 each per shift. So the JCPD and the property owner will make money. Real benefit to Jersey City!!! HA!!

Posted on: 2012/2/15 4:13
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1768
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:
He wants this city to decay? Link?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCvj4kTJqT8&feature=player_embedded


That proves he wants the city to decay how?

Posted on: 2012/2/15 2:52
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/8/28 14:45
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 219
Offline

Posted on: 2012/2/15 1:54
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline

Posted on: 2012/2/15 1:05
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1768
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
brian_em wrote:
Quote:
First off, YOU have no idea what their show is about. It's not the whole cast, so I'm thinking it's not going to be like Jersey Shore. Maybe the are trying to grow up... Do your homework before condemning something, they are shooting for six weeks. It seems pretty lightweight?no big film crew. Second - The strip club analogy is a bad one, BUT I would have no problem with a strip club opening on Newark Ave. If you don't like strip clubs, Don't go in there? I don't live in a city and expect it to be a sleepy, sheltered little town? If I wanted that, I'd pack up and move to the suburbs. I think a better example is: I'm not gay. Gay people don't "represent my lifestyle". But I'm not trying to run THEM out of town. If someone wanted to film a show about a gay couple living in JC, I wouldn't care. These girls don't Look like you? They Don't act the way you do, and you want to run them out of town?You want to boycott businesses they go to???? That is some straight up RACIST talk. Corruption in City hall? It's government, it's corrupt at all levels. Esp, in NJ. We deal with it. NEWS FLASH* If you're one of the people who just moved into one of the new developments?We didn't want you here either. Jersey City was/is/will be VERY different than that dreamy real esate brochure made it seem. And No one is trying to kick you out. WHY? Because Jersey City isn't Hoboken. Jersey CIty is diverse and accepting of everybody?or at least it used to be. JC does NOT have a good reputation to folks outside of Jersey City. THAT IS WHY it's even more important for us NOT to be dicks when a national tv show wants to film here. We have a chance to correct it. If you don't like the show or the girls?Ignore them. But going out of your way to "Protest" and create all this fuss to shut them down?It's wrong, and is just going to make us look bad. Get over yourselves.


I don't care if you're blue, white, yellow, alien, black, straight, gay, transgendered, confused, etc - If you care for the place you live in then I'll be welcoming of you. This is a community and only communities survive and prosper in the long run.

I've lived here for more than 25 years and yes - I'm trying to get into one of those waterfront condos. Since I've been here so long, I'll let you know the best thing that ever happened to JC is gentrification - with those yuppies and working professionals moving into those condos. I remember walking on newark ave 15 years when I was young and was literally scared for my life at times. The thieves, criminals, drunks who inhabited those streets have since dwindled down. But YOU want to bring all of them back. Bring on the strip club, let's invite those two homeless people (one with the bjs cart and his lady friend and have a whole show about it) let's bring back all those thieves and criminals. Please...

Do I have issues with tax abatements? YES. Do I have issues with the corruption in city hall? YES

Do I have issue with 7 million people watching JC being made a mockery of and creating the image JC is full of "guidos" and "guidettes" who only value "GTL" - YES.

I don't know what the show is about but if you believe this will be even remotely educational, you have never seen an mtv reality tv show...

At the end of the day, you want this city to decay and many of us here do not!


He wants this city to decay? Link?

Posted on: 2012/2/15 0:34
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/10/17 2:48
Last Login :
2012/11/6 16:28
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 10
Offline
I'd just like to say that as a homeowner in JC, I really don't care whether this Jersey Shore spin-off films here or not. I can't see what difference it makes. Just my 2c.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 0:12
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/5/7 15:41
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 152
Offline
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:


No, it proves MTV has been lying to business owners like this one. If the business owner asked them straight up if the filming in question was for the Jersey Show spinoff show, the truthful answer is "Yes, it is, but the style of this show is more Laverne & Shirley like." Then it would be clear and the business person knows it involves the 2 women in question and base their decision on that plus the new angle they claim they are putting on this show.

But instead MTV said 'no, it would just be a Laverne and Shirley type reality show, which is basically the description that MTV has been touting for the spin-off. ' So they have been misleading all the businesses they talk to when asked point blank if this is the Snooki/Jwoww JS spinoff show. That is incredibly disingenuous and makes this seem even shadier.

How can any of you trust that this show will do anything positive, given how they already trying to con the good businesses and people of JC?


So let me get this straight. This show has been in the works for some time now. Hoboken refused them which was in the news all over. Then they get the ok to be in Jersey City. MTV walks into various establishments and asks them to film and the owners know nothing? Please spare me. We live in a day and age of instant news, Google, etc. and they didn't know what this show was about? I should sell these people a bridge.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 22:48
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/28 15:27
Last Login :
2016/7/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 51
Offline
I'm not following you here, OneSkirt. Why did you say "No, it proves..." My post wasn't a question and it certainly wasn't defending MTV or this stupid ass show. I was just trying to clear up the misinformation of it being a six-week production when it's only three. I then went on to quote that JCI interview where they divulge the "plot" of this show since there was some debate about it on this board. The added bonus from that article was they went on to illustrate how the producers were misleading owners in order to get their consent to film in their establishments.

To put it simply: I'm hating the idea of this show filming here and anyone thinking it will yield benefits is sadly mistaken. But, I think I can survive three weeks with these "reality stars" living around the corner from me.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 22:19
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/3/2 4:49
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 810
Offline
Quote:
Filming will take place from Feb 21 - March 9 (3 weeks). This information was taken from notices that were posted on residences all along Mercer between Grove and Barrow.

Secondly, I keep seeing comments on what this show is about. The plot is a "Laverne & Shirley" ripoff about Snooki and JWOWW living in JC and trying to find jobs and love. Here's an excerpt from JCI:

"Another manager said he thought the MTV producers seemed disingenuous. He said that when the producers first scouted the restaurant?s location, he asked specifically if it would be for the Jersey Shore spin-off, but was told no, it would just be a Laverne and Shirley type reality show, which is basically the description that MTV has been touting for the spin-off. Other bar managers and owners said that the contract seemed intrusive in other ways ? that they wouldn?t get paid enough and that MTV would have free rein over their establishments."

Hope that clears things up.


No, it proves MTV has been lying to business owners like this one. If the business owner asked them straight up if the filming in question was for the Jersey Show spinoff show, the truthful answer is "Yes, it is, but the style of this show is more Laverne & Shirley like." Then it would be clear and the business person knows it involves the 2 women in question and base their decision on that plus the new angle they claim they are putting on this show.

But instead MTV said 'no, it would just be a Laverne and Shirley type reality show, which is basically the description that MTV has been touting for the spin-off. ' So they have been misleading all the businesses they talk to when asked point blank if this is the Snooki/Jwoww JS spinoff show. That is incredibly disingenuous and makes this seem even shadier.

How can any of you trust that this show will do anything positive, given how they already trying to con the good businesses and people of JC?

Posted on: 2012/2/14 20:45
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/6/26 0:43
Last Login :
2014/3/10 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 60
Offline
Quote:

Carmichael wrote:
Filming will take place from Feb 21 - March 9 (3 weeks). This information was taken from notices that were posted on residences all along Mercer between Grove and Barrow.

...

Hope that clears things up. I am one of the many people unhappy they're living a block away from me, but now knowing it's only for 3 weeks, I can live with it. Just as long as they're not filming in the bar downstairs from me and turning it into Seaside's Karma. Not in the mood to hear shitty house at 3am on a Wednesday.


I mentioned this on the prior page, but no one seemed to notice.

Hey Folks, they are only filming here for THREE WEEKS.

Maybe everyone will chill out now.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 19:58
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/5/7 15:41
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 152
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

I don't know what the show is about but if you believe this will be even remotely educational, you have never seen an mtv reality tv show...


Do you even think before you write? I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW... you seem KNOW so much about this without actually knowing anything at all. It's going to "decay" the city? Didn't the Sandbar exist in DOWNTOWN JERSEY CITY for years?

Posted on: 2012/2/14 19:07
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/28 15:27
Last Login :
2016/7/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 51
Offline
Filming will take place from Feb 21 - March 9 (3 weeks). This information was taken from notices that were posted on residences all along Mercer between Grove and Barrow.

Secondly, I keep seeing comments on what this show is about. The plot is a "Laverne & Shirley" ripoff about Snooki and JWOWW living in JC and trying to find jobs and love. Here's an excerpt from JCI:

"Another manager said he thought the MTV producers seemed disingenuous. He said that when the producers first scouted the restaurant?s location, he asked specifically if it would be for the Jersey Shore spin-off, but was told no, it would just be a Laverne and Shirley type reality show, which is basically the description that MTV has been touting for the spin-off. Other bar managers and owners said that the contract seemed intrusive in other ways ? that they wouldn?t get paid enough and that MTV would have free rein over their establishments."

Hope that clears things up. I am one of the many people unhappy they're living a block away from me, but now knowing it's only for 3 weeks, I can live with it. Just as long as they're not filming in the bar downstairs from me and turning it into Seaside's Karma. Not in the mood to hear shitty house at 3am on a Wednesday.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 17:34
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/8/28 14:45
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 219
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
let's invite those two homeless people (one with the bjs cart and his lady friend and have a whole show about it) let's bring back all those thieves and criminals. Please...


Is'nt that show called Cops?

Seem's like we have a Situation on our hands...

However with a post that has brought on 15,000 views in only several weeks of time, one thing is for certain

Get your Sausage and Peppers ready!

Honestly I think people are foolish if someone thinks this can work out as a negative. In the reality, it will show a whole new audience of people that a community that no one knows exists unless stumbling on it by accident exists... Great restaurants, beautiful parks, and unbelievable historic architecture at an affordable price, if I am a local small business owner, I would be begging for their business.

Embrace the opportunity and lets show what a great town this is so that in the end all of our quality of life and property prices improve.

On a final note, I hope JWoww makes me say Woww!

P.S. If anyone is willing to jump on the grenade, and keep Snooki company, please let me know.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 16:37
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/12/4 1:44
Last Login :
2014/8/12 14:04
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 64
Offline
As much as I love this topic, it is amazing how many posts/replies this topic has gotten (200+). This show is taping for six weeks, it is but a snipet of our lives. If such fevor was instead focused on corrupt politics or getting rid of bad burocreacy then JC would get better.
Instead of starting a petition over the Jersey Shore, start one against Healey and his cronies, the buildings permit department, crime or any one of the other issues that really does effect the quality of our lives long term.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 15:40
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/9/24 1:55
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 231
Offline
Quote:

NJNJ wrote:
PattyB could you please be considerate of what you post on your public blog? While you only travel the block to pick up your son, I live practicallly next door to the firehouse. I really don't care about what the actual women in the show are doing, I am concerned though about hordes of people learning when they are filming and gathering in front of my building. Please keep identifying information away from where we live.


Way to make it about you. Everyone on here knows where the spot is - the pictures didn't divulge anything new, nor did what she said. Lame.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 15:33
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/1/19 4:04
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 996
Offline
brian_em wrote:
Quote:
First off, YOU have no idea what their show is about. It's not the whole cast, so I'm thinking it's not going to be like Jersey Shore. Maybe the are trying to grow up... Do your homework before condemning something, they are shooting for six weeks. It seems pretty lightweight?no big film crew. Second - The strip club analogy is a bad one, BUT I would have no problem with a strip club opening on Newark Ave. If you don't like strip clubs, Don't go in there? I don't live in a city and expect it to be a sleepy, sheltered little town? If I wanted that, I'd pack up and move to the suburbs. I think a better example is: I'm not gay. Gay people don't "represent my lifestyle". But I'm not trying to run THEM out of town. If someone wanted to film a show about a gay couple living in JC, I wouldn't care. These girls don't Look like you? They Don't act the way you do, and you want to run them out of town?You want to boycott businesses they go to???? That is some straight up RACIST talk. Corruption in City hall? It's government, it's corrupt at all levels. Esp, in NJ. We deal with it. NEWS FLASH* If you're one of the people who just moved into one of the new developments?We didn't want you here either. Jersey City was/is/will be VERY different than that dreamy real esate brochure made it seem. And No one is trying to kick you out. WHY? Because Jersey City isn't Hoboken. Jersey CIty is diverse and accepting of everybody?or at least it used to be. JC does NOT have a good reputation to folks outside of Jersey City. THAT IS WHY it's even more important for us NOT to be dicks when a national tv show wants to film here. We have a chance to correct it. If you don't like the show or the girls?Ignore them. But going out of your way to "Protest" and create all this fuss to shut them down?It's wrong, and is just going to make us look bad. Get over yourselves.


I don't care if you're blue, white, yellow, alien, black, straight, gay, transgendered, confused, etc - If you care for the place you live in then I'll be welcoming of you. This is a community and only communities survive and prosper in the long run.

I've lived here for more than 25 years and yes - I'm trying to get into one of those waterfront condos. Since I've been here so long, I'll let you know the best thing that ever happened to JC is gentrification - with those yuppies and working professionals moving into those condos. I remember walking on newark ave 15 years when I was young and was literally scared for my life at times. The thieves, criminals, drunks who inhabited those streets have since dwindled down. But YOU want to bring all of them back. Bring on the strip club, let's invite those two homeless people (one with the bjs cart and his lady friend and have a whole show about it) let's bring back all those thieves and criminals. Please...

Do I have issues with tax abatements? YES. Do I have issues with the corruption in city hall? YES

Do I have issue with 7 million people watching JC being made a mockery of and creating the image JC is full of "guidos" and "guidettes" who only value "GTL" - YES.

I don't know what the show is about but if you believe this will be even remotely educational, you have never seen an mtv reality tv show...

At the end of the day, you want this city to decay and many of us here do not!

Posted on: 2012/2/14 15:32
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/5/7 15:41
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 152
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
If a strip club was to open in JC on newark ave in downtown, Mr Johnson and Brian Em would be the first ones saying to all the protestors, "be welcoming!" "the bikini clad girls and shady guys in the club doesn't affect you at all!" "oh come on, you're so worried about a few girls in bikinis that you don't care at all about the corruption in city hall!"

For Brian Em and Mr Johnson, reputation, dignity, and respect have no meaning.

I wish Dawn Zimmer was our mayor...

I am against the corruption in city hall AND the jersey shore destroying JC's reputation. That isn't a hard concept to understand right? I can be against both right?

If JC's reputation isn't great, Jersey Shore won't make it any better. You understand that concept right? Unless you think those two girls and MTV making a mockery of JC is a good thing? Oh yeah, I forgot - you think they are going to do a political show which educates Americans...


Get a life pal. And a hobby too. No one is opening a strip club on Newark Ave. But since Newark Ave is so great as it is now, we should protect that right? Thank goodness there's no drunks, rampant drug use, urinating in public, harassment of working people walking to and from work, deserted buildings. This show won't make Jersey City better because YOU think it won't. It's YOUR opinion and that's the bottom line. Period. Go get a life, or better yet, move to a farm in Kansas where you will never have to worry about this stuff.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 15:20
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Today 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1208
Offline
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
I have mixed feelings on this. The reasons against it have been stated by everyone else pretty clearly.

With that in mind, I think that one can take a longer term view that the city should be encouraging filming, and if we are going to get all tied up over the content of a particular show, it will be less likely that tv and film crews will want to try to negotiate with Jersey City whenever they want to film here.

It's very possible that the producers, film crews, etc will be involved in other projects, and if Jersey City is a reasonably affordable place to film without too much bureaucratic hassle, maybe they will be back with other projects.

I don't watch too much TV, and never watched "Mercy." But if that show had succeeded, it would have been good for the city to have a regular filming presence. If we have regular film crews, just two or three shows shooting on location for an extended period of time, the local businesses will do better. Maybe some local actors and camera crew will get gigs out of it. A few people involved may like the place and move here.

It's only six weeks. Any "image" problems that come from it dwarf in comparison to the black eye we have from the corruption scandals and the like. I suspect we can live with a few weeks of Snooki and JWoww making fools of themselves and saying unflattering things about the city.


Sorry but I work in film and your post is very naive. Work in film is gotten through a network of people who know you, like you, trust you etc. There is NEVER any consideration as to where a crew member lives. Basically you follow the work. I have worked all over NY and NJ and travelled out of state for work. Most commercial, TV and feature film crews stopped shooting in JC because of the hassle, cost and corruption of our city agencies. Most notably the JCPD. It just wasn't cost effective anymore. You could save money on a location fee but the money paid to the half dozen officers you didn't need was ridiculous. The money paid to local businesses is minimal as most catered food, truck rentals etc, etc are gotten in NYC or elsewhere in NJ. The connection between MTV and the rest of the production world is zero. They hire young, recent grads, call them "Associate Producers" and pay them peanuts. They are interns with a title and are routinely abused and over-worked. These people will shoot all night long without regard. Sorry but that's the truth.
You may be right but didn't the production company for "Mercy" pay Basic Cafe a wad of money to shoot a few scenes, store equipment and feed the cast in there? Whether local businesses benefit very much is one thing but at the end of the day its a capitalist society and a free country and they have every right to film here if they follow all the appropriate procedures and get the necessary permits. Every time I see a post about the show causing damage to Jersey Cit's "reputation", I laugh. This show can't damage Jersey City's "reputation" any more than the current administration already has damaged it. If you have "civic pride" that;'s great but I don't see how this show will do anything to the city's "reputation". Sorry if you get embarassed by the "spectacle" Jwoww & Snooki will make of this city. Boo f---in' hoo.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 14:46
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/9 11:28
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Posts: 410
Offline
Even though I support the show coming to JC because of economic reasons, I can see why some people do not like it. Even our great governor does not like them. This does not make him racist.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/1 ... Situation_are_losers.html

You should look at your own past posts about hipsters and Muslims before accusing other people.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 12:32
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1768
Offline
Quote:

brian_em wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
If a strip club was to open in JC on newark ave in downtown, Mr Johnson and Brian Em would be the first ones saying to all the protestors, "be welcoming!" "the bikini clad girls and shady guys in the club doesn't affect you at all!" "oh come on, you're so worried about a few girls in bikinis that you don't care at all about the corruption in city hall!"

For Brian Em and Mr Johnson, reputation, dignity, and respect have no meaning.

I wish Dawn Zimmer was our mayor...

I am against the corruption in city hall AND the jersey shore destroying JC's reputation. That isn't a hard concept to understand right? I can be against both right?

If JC's reputation isn't great, Jersey Shore won't make it any better. You understand that concept right? Unless you think those two girls and MTV making a mockery of JC is a good thing? Oh yeah, I forgot - you think they are going to do a political show which educates Americans...


First off, YOU have no idea what their show is about. It's not the whole cast, so I'm thinking it's not going to be like Jersey Shore. Maybe the are trying to grow up...

Do your homework before condemning something, they are shooting for six weeks. It seems pretty lightweight?no big film crew.

Second - The strip club analogy is a bad one, BUT I would have no problem with a strip club opening on Newark Ave. If you don't like strip clubs, Don't go in there? I don't live in a city and expect it to be a sleepy, sheltered little town? If I wanted that, I'd pack up and move to the suburbs.

I think a better example is: I'm not gay. Gay people don't "represent my lifestyle". But I'm not trying to run THEM out of town. If someone wanted to film a show about a gay couple living in JC, I wouldn't care.

These girls don't Look like you? They Don't act the way you do, and you want to run them out of town?You want to boycott businesses they go to???? That is some straight up RACIST talk.

Corruption in City hall? It's government, it's corrupt at all levels. Esp, in NJ. We deal with it.

NEWS FLASH*
If you're one of the people who just moved into one of the new developments?We didn't want you here either. Jersey City was/is/will be VERY different than that dreamy real esate brochure made it seem. And No one is trying to kick you out.

WHY? Because Jersey City isn't Hoboken. Jersey CIty is diverse and accepting of everybody?or at least it used to be.

JC does NOT have a good reputation to folks outside of Jersey City. THAT IS WHY it's even more important for us NOT to be dicks when a national tv show wants to film here. We have a chance to correct it.

If you don't like the show or the girls?Ignore them. But going out of your way to "Protest" and create all this fuss to shut them down?It's wrong, and is just going to make us look bad.

Get over yourselves.


This!

Posted on: 2012/2/14 12:20
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/10/7 15:46
Last Login :
Today 2:12
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3169
Offline
(Sorry DTJC women..I read that the Situation is pissed off at Jwoww and Snooki for something they said in a HuffPo interview and will not be setting foot in Jersey City. It looks like you are all stuck with those wimpy DTJC hipsters.)


The Situation is offended by gay rumors, which he says will ?hurt his brand?

The final season of ?Jersey Shore? rages on, and it looks like a good chunk of the castmates are lining up future MTV spinoffs. ?The Pauly D Project? is reportedly a go and the untitled J-Woww & Snooki show finally got the okay to shoot in Jersey City after Hoboken denied them a permit. No word on what Mike ?The Situation? Sorrentino has in his immediate future unless ?obnoxious, misogynistic, and extremely orange? qualifies him for some profession of which I?m not aware.

The misogyny bit is interesting though, for The Situation?s endless stream of post-club hookups have done nothing to quell the persistent rumors that he might be in the closet. In fact, one of my gay boyfriends has always insisted that Sitch is ?a closet case,? which I didn?t see at first, but it?s becoming more obvious as time wears forth. At the moment, The Situation is extremely pissed off at Snooki and J-Woww for statements that the girls made about his sexuality in a recent HuffPo interview. When asked about whether The Situation is gay, Snooki responded, ?It wouldn?t shock me. Whenever he brings a girl home something always seems to go awry and they don?t end up hooking up. And he gives them men?s clothing to wear.? J-Woww added, ?And his posture and the way he holds his cigarettes? everything.? Needless to say, The Situation is extremely offended and worried about the effect upon his marketability.


(Here?s a little Valentine Day treat for both JC guys and girls?.(it has a lot of great shots of the cast) Just think pictures of Jersey City will soon be featured in sites like ?celebitchy?..can?t wait.)

full "situation" piece...

http://www.celebitchy.com/category/mike_the_situation_sorrentino/

Posted on: 2012/2/14 12:14
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/15 6:59
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 154
Offline
i'm sure the show will go on just fine without the stunning, world class locales known as LITM and skinners loft in their presence. I've been to funerals that had more liveliness than those places.

barcade? eh, take it or leave it. i would imagine these chicks would be spending more time at the newport bars than newark ave anyway.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 7:37
 Top 


Re: 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Off in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/2/10 1:24
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 208
Offline
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
If a strip club was to open in JC on newark ave in downtown, Mr Johnson and Brian Em would be the first ones saying to all the protestors, "be welcoming!" "the bikini clad girls and shady guys in the club doesn't affect you at all!" "oh come on, you're so worried about a few girls in bikinis that you don't care at all about the corruption in city hall!"

For Brian Em and Mr Johnson, reputation, dignity, and respect have no meaning.

I wish Dawn Zimmer was our mayor...

I am against the corruption in city hall AND the jersey shore destroying JC's reputation. That isn't a hard concept to understand right? I can be against both right?

If JC's reputation isn't great, Jersey Shore won't make it any better. You understand that concept right? Unless you think those two girls and MTV making a mockery of JC is a good thing? Oh yeah, I forgot - you think they are going to do a political show which educates Americans...


First off, YOU have no idea what their show is about. It's not the whole cast, so I'm thinking it's not going to be like Jersey Shore. Maybe the are trying to grow up...

Do your homework before condemning something, they are shooting for six weeks. It seems pretty lightweight?no big film crew.

Second - The strip club analogy is a bad one, BUT I would have no problem with a strip club opening on Newark Ave. If you don't like strip clubs, Don't go in there? I don't live in a city and expect it to be a sleepy, sheltered little town? If I wanted that, I'd pack up and move to the suburbs.

I think a better example is: I'm not gay. Gay people don't "represent my lifestyle". But I'm not trying to run THEM out of town. If someone wanted to film a show about a gay couple living in JC, I wouldn't care.

These girls don't Look like you? They Don't act the way you do, and you want to run them out of town?You want to boycott businesses they go to???? That is some straight up RACIST talk.

Corruption in City hall? It's government, it's corrupt at all levels. Esp, in NJ. We deal with it.

NEWS FLASH*
If you're one of the people who just moved into one of the new developments?We didn't want you here either. Jersey City was/is/will be VERY different than that dreamy real esate brochure made it seem. And No one is trying to kick you out.

WHY? Because Jersey City isn't Hoboken. Jersey CIty is diverse and accepting of everybody?or at least it used to be.

JC does NOT have a good reputation to folks outside of Jersey City. THAT IS WHY it's even more important for us NOT to be dicks when a national tv show wants to film here. We have a chance to correct it.

If you don't like the show or the girls?Ignore them. But going out of your way to "Protest" and create all this fuss to shut them down?It's wrong, and is just going to make us look bad.

Get over yourselves.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 6:23
 Top 




« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 15 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017