Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fighting Parking ticket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CaptainQuality wrote:
Is this for real? Mandatory court appearance for parking too close to the curb?

At least the court is in J.C. unless you are from out of town.

Posted on: 2011/4/28 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
I found this on the NJ Statutes website. This question has been raised before and no one has been able to provide an answer.

Does Jersey City impose some other regulation regarding parking near crosswalks, stop signs, etc, or does the city just adhere to 39:4-138 e(1) and h? If JC has it's own regulation, what is it and can someone provide the specific reference to the municipal code?

39:4-138.6� Municipal authority to set certain permissible parking distances.

2.A municipality may mandate by ordinance the permissible distance a person may park a motor vehicle from a crosswalk, side line of a street or intersecting highway, or "stop" sign.� A municipality may not, however, permit parking within 25 feet of a crosswalk or side line of a street or intersecting highway or within 50 feet of a "stop" sign in a school zone during hours when school is in session.

L.2009, c.257, s.2.

Posted on: 2011/4/27 23:47
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
re: 332-22

Parking prohibited at all times. [Amended 4-28-2010 by Ord. Nos. 10-058, 10-059; 6-23-2010 by Ord. No. 10-079]

http://library.municode.com/HTML/1609 ... 332VETR_ARTIIIPASTST.html

Monmouth St East Wayne St to Columbus Dr
Monmouth St East 270 feet north of Grand St 40 feet north
Monmouth St West Canal St to Grand St
Monmouth St West Mercer St to First St
Monmouth St Both Twelfth St to Thirteenth St

Is there a No Parking sign posted on this block?

Quote:

CaptainQuality wrote:
I also got a 332-22 ticket for parking at 8th and Monmouth. I was parked close to the corner.

Posted on: 2011/4/27 17:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/15 16:44
Group:
Registered Users
I also got a 332-22 ticket for parking at 8th and Monmouth. I was parked close to the corner, but when I go to pay the ticket online, it says it is not payable. Therefore, I must go to court. I even called up the municipal office, and they were baffled that the ticket did not specify the offense and I had to go to court.

Is this for real? Mandatory court appearance for parking too close to the curb?

Posted on: 2011/4/27 14:24
"I try so hard to be myself but I just wind up gettin' drunk." - Jerry Wick

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/5 5:47
Group:
Registered Users
JSquared.... You beat me to it. The ordinance/law reads just as you say. They have been more proactive in the area for those type of tickets. I got one at 8th and Erie this past friday. I was just at the white croswalk line and got one . I wasnt the right distance away from the corner. Parking is tough in this area and sometimes the corners are all we have. But it does violate the law/ordinance.

On JCLIST there is a thread about the parking at the corners on Erie st because there have been accidents and the cars parked at the corners sometimes are the cause.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 20:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/25 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:
It was right between the corner and someone's driveway

How far from the corner? In NJ you must technically park 25 feet from the corner (50 feet if there is a stop sign).

So often this is not observed, and people do violate this rule all of the time, but they've been intense about ticketing lately. My guess is it's because they lost so much revenue with the snow this year.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 19:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
this can be fought, but you'd have to take multiple photos of the area to prove that there were no signs (or signs were obstructed), and no yellow curb, and that you weren't blocking a driveway. You can probably get away with at least 4 photos of the different angles to prove that you were parked legally.

Print out the photos, the judge will review them in court. If it's easier, take video that the judge can watch on your camcorder, but sometimes photos work because they are bigger, and the judge doesnt have to study your evidence on a small view finder.

If you are in the right, the judge will throw out the ticket.

Even if that law is true (and you aren't getting trolled), the average citizen has no way of knowing that you can't park on the block if there are no signs.

You can beat the ticket, but will have to go to court to do so.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
I found this under JC municipal code:

Chapter 332 - VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC
ARTICLE III - Parking, Standing and Stopping
? 332-22. - Parking prohibited at all times. [Amended 4-28-2010 by Ord. Nos. 10-058, 10-059; 6-23-2010 by Ord. No. 10-079]

No person shall park a vehicle at any time upon any of the streets, or parts thereof, listed below.

Third St North Brunswick Av to Newark Av

I'm not sure if this is where you parked.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 1:23
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:
I apologize, I know this has probably been addressed but for some reason I can't find the thread I'm thinking of. This morning I got a ticket for parking on third and brunswick (on the correct side for street cleaning), was not in the yellow, and nowhere near the curb. The ticket said "26-29 parking prohibited in designated areas". I took pictures on my cell phone showing that there was no indication that it was prohibited. Am I wasting my time or has anyone successfully fought a ticket without having to show up in court and waste hours of their life because JC parking authority sucks?

This may be THE THREAD Post number 8 has some information that may or may not obtain to your situation.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 1:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 14:14
Group:
Registered Users
It was on the right hand side of third street right before it intercepts brunswick. I parked right behind a pole that presumably once held a sign declaring the street cleaning schedule for that side. Confirmed it wasn't the street cleaning side by the ones on the other side of the street. I park there all the time and I see other people park there all the time, very random. Been here for two years and there's no indication that you wouldn't be allowed to park there. It was right between the corner and someone's driveway (which I wasn't blocking or even in a 2 foot range of). It really looks like the meter maid decided to just pull a ticket out of their ass and see if I'd pay it.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Where exactly did you park? Was it on Brunswick or Third and where exactly?

Posted on: 2011/4/26 0:32

Fighting Parking ticket
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 14:14
Group:
Registered Users
I apologize, I know this has probably been addressed but for some reason I can't find the thread I'm thinking of. This morning I got a ticket for parking on third and brunswick (on the correct side for street cleaning), was not in the yellow, and nowhere near the curb. The ticket said "26-29 parking prohibited in designated areas". I took pictures on my cell phone showing that there was no indication that it was prohibited. Am I wasting my time or has anyone successfully fought a ticket without having to show up in court and waste hours of their life because JC parking authority sucks?

Posted on: 2011/4/26 0:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017