Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Kanibal Home Store on Montgomery
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
Me tooooo! This store is perfect for gifts, fashionable/trendy clothes, and home decor! LOVE Kanibal home!

Posted on: 2010/3/20 18:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/7 12:58
Group:
Registered Users
I LOVE that store. I check in there at least once a week. The owner is so sweet and friendly. I hope they are able to stay open.

Posted on: 2010/3/20 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Nah, Kanibal isn't owned or affiliated with the flower shop. Probably just being neighborly...

Posted on: 2010/3/19 23:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/15 3:56
From VVP
Group:
Registered Users
Are they affiliated / associated with the flower shop (Athenia? I probably spelled it wrong) across the street?

Just curious (I see that Athenia has a sign on the door for Kanibal home to take their deliveries)...

Posted on: 2010/3/17 23:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
I am a HUGE fan of Kanibal Home. Great clothes, awesome prices, great place to hang and browse on a Sunday too.

When I first moved to the area in July, Kristen was one of the first residents I became friends with, and I really believe in what she and her store stand for and represent. I look forward to her blog, her twitter feed, and always stop in to see what's new. We definitely need to support Kanibal Home. :)

Posted on: 2010/3/17 19:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/3 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
I like this store too, very unique and interesting merch. Their blog is a fun read too.
http://kanibalhome.blogspot.com/

Posted on: 2010/3/17 16:10

Kanibal Home Store on Montgomery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
I just wanted to put a little plug in for the Kanibal store on Montgomery. I'm in no way affiliated with the store.

I've bought a few items in there, a necklace, couple of gifts for Christmas and most recently a chair. They have a mix of unique apparel, jewelry, home goods and restored vintage furniture, which are really interesting. I think they may even do restoration of your own furniture.

We got flooded this weekend and everything in our basement, including the new chair, was ruined. I called Kristen at the Kanibal store and asked if they had the other matching chair and explained the situation.

She went above and beyond what I'd expect anyone to do....Not only did she agree to put the chair on hold for a few days, she also said she'd look into whether the other chair was salvageable. I emailed her some photos and she had one of her furniture restorers look at it. She asked some follow-up questions and they said the cost of fixing will likely be more than the chair. But she also gave me good tips on how to air it dry well and clean it to help lessen the stains.

But what was most gracious, she offered 10% off the other chair.

We not only need more businesses like Kanibal in JC, but also more people like Kristen. That situation has been a nice uplifting part of an otherwise f&*ing crappy week.

Posted on: 2010/3/17 15:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017