Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

Re: Daniel Wrieden aka 'Queer Eye For The Historic House Guy'

Hide User information
Last Login :
2005/7/16 22:19
Group:
Registered Users
To Minnie:

Yes, I agree... there are some really nice people in HP... just not all of them are. My apologies if you are among the former and not the latter.

To VanVorstman:

I stand corrected... It's a sorry state of affairs, but it's obvious that both Hamilton Park and Van Vorst Park have become over-run with selfish, self-absorbed, run-off at the mouth people.

The truth hurts...

Posted on: 2004/11/19 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
To the poster that wrote those ugly things about the people in Hamilton Park.. I'm offended. There are some really nice people in HP.

Posted on: 2004/11/19 17:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/3/27 19:47
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
It's a sorry state of affairs, but it's obvious that Hamilton Park has become over-run with selfish, self-absorbed, run-off at the mouth people.

Oh, and by the way.....I'm in Van Vorst, dickweed......not Hamilton Park, so shut your piehole.

Posted on: 2004/11/19 3:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
It's a sorry state of affairs, but it's obvious that Hamilton Park has become over-run with selfish, self-absorbed, run-off at the mouth people.

Well, well.......it sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black.

In any case, numbnuts, you can ignore my question, and I invite others to answer it if they know -- what are Steve Gucciardo's qualifications to be chairing the commission?

Unless, of course, that was Steve himself with the previous vitriolic reply.

Posted on: 2004/11/19 3:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2005/7/16 22:19
Group:
Registered Users
Who cares about your bulls**t question? Got a constructive comment to make? I doubt it.

It's absolutely amazing what trash spews forth from people in this community.

Posted on: 2004/11/19 1:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/29 13:59
From Beautiful Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Some people in the neighborhood refer to Steve and his wife as "The Pavonia Royals". They own 2 or 3 properties and think they own JC. I think they're pain in the ass. They love to rat on their neighbors.

Quote:

vanvorstman wrote:
I've been meaning to ask.....what are exactly are Steve Gucciardo's qualifications to be chairing this commission?

A person at one of our meetings actually brought up a superb point ---- essentially, as much of an arrogant pain in the ass as Dan is, and as marginally qualified as he is, he is probably the MOST qualified out of all of them (a very frightening reality, indeed).

So again I ask, what are Steve Gucciardo's qualifications?

Posted on: 2004/11/18 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Thank GOD this thread was resurrected.

INCOMING DRAMA!

Posted on: 2004/11/18 19:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I've been meaning to ask.....what are exactly are Steve Gucciardo's qualifications to be chairing this commission?

A person at one of our meetings actually brought up a superb point ---- essentially, as much of an arrogant pain in the ass as Dan is, and as marginally qualified as he is, he is probably the MOST qualified out of all of them (a very frightening reality, indeed).

So again I ask, what are Steve Gucciardo's qualifications?

Posted on: 2004/11/18 18:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 16:24
Group:
Registered Users
For those of us who have had unpleasant experiences with the historic commission and the historic officer the best way to effect change is through our neighborhood associations?? many of us in Hamilton Park have done so. We have had a meeting of the member ship to discuss the subject. Then invited Bob Cotter the Historic Officers boss from the city and Steve Gucciardo the chairman of the historic commission to speak and listen to our concerns at the next meting. We were able to express our concerns and I feel the city is getting the message. Please do not sit this one out, sharing your experiences and expressing your opinion at this time is very important if we are to resolve the role of the historic commission and the position of the historic officer. The most effect way to accomplish change in the community is through your neighborhood associations. I would be glad to share my experiences with our association, just e-mail and if you wish to chat give me your name and a number to phone you???.

I continue to gather letters and appreciated those who have contributed. My e-mail address is wacurtin@aol.com and I look forward to hearing from any one who wishes to share??

Warren Curtin??.

PS it gives creditability to what you say if you put your name on especially if you are slamming an individual

Posted on: 2004/11/6 19:36

Anonymous
If I see him outside my place day or night I'm gonna call the police.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Most of the anonymous writers on this site are acting as if they are five year olds. So if Dan Wrieden is acting 15, he is a mature adult compared to everyone else.

It is everyone else he can harrass and bully.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
What a bunch of crap...Dan isn't even in Jersey City on most weekends..he's out-of-town. I'm sure he doesn't need to peer around at night at anything.

He is here on Friday nights, fella.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Who says Mr. Wrieden has Aryan views...and what is your definition of Aryan views..are you defaming all individuals of German background or just some individuals in general.
This spreading of outrageous gossip is defamatory. If the writer has any real courage, you would come out of your prejudiced closet and identify yourself. Over the years that I have known Mr. Wrieden and watched him, he seems to be a well rounded, unbiased, unprejudice person with a wide range of friends from every walk of life and every nationality and background.

Obviously he has not taken you into his confidence.

A German, actually a Bavarian, that never liked the Nazi regime.

Anonymous
Warren Curtin should discuss all of his actions with his therapist and find out if all the negative energy should be better spent in a positive way. To continue bashing individuals does not move the cause of justice and/or historic preservation of our buildings, forward. Give it up Warren and get a life.

Anonymous
Most of the anonymous writers on this site are acting as if they are five year olds. So if Dan Wrieden is acting 15, he is a mature adult compared to everyone else.

Anonymous
Who says Mr. Wrieden has Aryan views...and what is your definition of Aryan views..are you defaming all individuals of German background or just some individuals in general.
This spreading of outrageous gossip is defamatory. If the writer has any real courage, you would come out of your prejudiced closet and identify yourself. Over the years that I have known Mr. Wrieden and watched him, he seems to be a well rounded, unbiased, unprejudice person with a wide range of friends from every walk of life and every nationality and background.

Anonymous
What a bunch of crap...Dan isn't even in Jersey City on most weekends..he's out-of-town. I'm sure he doesn't need to peer around at night at anything.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
I've seen paper work that puts him a bit over 42.

....but sometimes acts like a 15-year old high school girl.

Yes, but what is with his Aryan Nation views ? I don't think they would take him for a member. It strikes me odd that a history major would not know his own. The Nazi came for us daniel, before they came for the Jews and gave us a lovely pink triangle. The Klan went after Catholics in the South, not just people of color, annother membership lost there as well.

Anonymous
Why is Wrieden seen so often at night and on the weekend scrutinizing houses ? I see him peering at them from the street. When does it become stalking?

Anonymous
Quote:

....but sometimes acts like a 15-year old high school girl.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
I believe Dan is in his early 40s, although may claim younger.

Dan is younger ----- he's about 36.

Anonymous
How did Wrieden get this job ?Did Cotter hire him? With his record at NID, I am supprised that anyone would put him in a position of dealing with the public. He just does not have those skills. Will he survive the new Mayor?

I would have paid to be there when the residents of a nieghborhood ran him physically out of it.

Anonymous
This quote is not true. I attended a meeting two months ago on a small project I was attempting to get approved, and the meeting was packed with members of the neighborhood. Needless to say, my project was not approved, and this is part of the my rage. I was grilled for 90 min, and members of the committee was angry, rude and argumentative. As a tax paying citizen I am outraged that I had to endure such a process by people who dictate public policy and who are not elected by the people in the commuity whos lives are effected.
This bullentin board cleary indicates that we want change and accounability for actions that are made by these various committees. When we are dictated to by folks who garner no respect in the community, it is very difficult to follow their lead. Why should I go through the additional expenses they recommend or will only approve when I am footing the bill. Obviously, I am not the only one who feels this way, lets take back our comminity and have these positions filled through an election process, and extend the voting to homeowners in the areas effected. Thats how we regain control of fix this problem.Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
I have been reading the nonsense on this site for sometime. It is interesting to me that there are so many anonymous complaints, comments, rumours or just plain lies about Dan and the Historic Preservation Commission.
Both are on display and available, once each month at the public commission hearing. I went to the meeting this past week to see how many "anonymous" people would show up and speak in public during the "public comment" part of the meeting, about all the "concerns" in the community.
When the Chairman called for comments during the public portion of the meeting..NOT ONE PERSON IN THE COMMUNITY SPOKE UP, AS A MATTER OF FACT THERE WERE NO MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY WHO EVEN BOTHERED TO SHOW UP AT THE MEETING. The only people present were there as part of their legitimate applications.
My Father once said "actions speak louder than words."
IF ANYONE TRULY WANTS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE OR HAS A COMPLAINT..YOU CAN SHOW UP AT THE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION HEARING, ONCE A MONTH, AND TELL EVERYONE 'ON THE RECORD" in front of a newpaper reporter what your problems are. I AM SURE THAT EACH AND EVERYONE OF THE COMMISSIONERS WILL LISTEN TO YOUR COMPLAINT AND/OR CONCERN. SIMPLY WRITING ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ON THIS WEB SITE DON'T HELP.

Anonymous
This Wednesday evening the Hamilton Park Neighborhood Association will be meeting and Bob Cotter of the city, who is Dan?s boss and Stephen Gucciardo of the Historic Commission are invited to explain the Historic Ordinance and listen to the neighborhood residents concerns.

This will be a great opportunity to express our concerns and make our demands for change to Bob Cotter.

Anyone whom has expressed either pro or con opinions, or has had good or bad experiences with the historic commission or the historic officer you should be there. It will be a great opportunity to represent the positions that have been posted on this message board.

I can assure you that for those that have been fearful to stand up they will not be alone at this meeting, as so many have shared similar experiences with Dan and the commission. If still fearful, just to show up and support those of us who will be expressing our concerns, that will be equally as important.

The meeting is this Wednesday at 339 9th Street, at the Atrium?.. that is between Monmouth and Brunswick Streets on 9th.

In addition I am still looking for letters and documentation of experiences with the commission and the historic officer any help will be appreciated?.. my e-mail address is wacurtin@aol.com?.. I look forward to meeting on Wednesday.

Warren Curtin

Anonymous
Quote:
I AM SURE THAT EACH AND EVERYONE OF THE COMMISSIONERS WILL LISTEN TO YOUR COMPLAINT AND/OR CONCERN.

You must be new to Jersey City. If you're not new, then you're totally friggin' oblivious. Point to ONE commissioner who will be open to grievances and complaints. People have tried that, and it is to no avail.

Anonymous
I have been reading the nonsense on this site for sometime. It is interesting to me that there are so many anonymous complaints, comments, rumours or just plain lies about Dan and the Historic Preservation Commission.
Both are on display and available, once each month at the public commission hearing. I went to the meeting this past week to see how many "anonymous" people would show up and speak in public during the "public comment" part of the meeting, about all the "concerns" in the community.
When the Chairman called for comments during the public portion of the meeting..NOT ONE PERSON IN THE COMMUNITY SPOKE UP, AS A MATTER OF FACT THERE WERE NO MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY WHO EVEN BOTHERED TO SHOW UP AT THE MEETING. The only people present were there as part of their legitimate applications.
My Father once said "actions speak louder than words."
IF ANYONE TRULY WANTS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE OR HAS A COMPLAINT..YOU CAN SHOW UP AT THE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION HEARING, ONCE A MONTH, AND TELL EVERYONE 'ON THE RECORD" in front of a newpaper reporter what your problems are. I AM SURE THAT EACH AND EVERYONE OF THE COMMISSIONERS WILL LISTEN TO YOUR COMPLAINT AND/OR CONCERN. SIMPLY WRITING ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ON THIS WEB SITE DON'T HELP.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/11/30 19:02
Group:
Registered Users
Your comments are absurd and unfounded. The vast majority of complaints are well grounded and from individual home owners. Pointing out Warren Curtin is your thinly veiled attempt to distract attention from the problems in both the adminstration and the pathetic Historic Perservation committe which is made up of a bunch of unqualified facists.

There are many new homeowners in the neighborhood who are young and wealthy and who I anticipate start usurping authority from the current regime.

We need a changes that make the neighborhood friendly and enjoyable.

Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Gay bashing ? Let's try the existing Jewish Community in downtown Jersey City, where Wreiden has developed a reputation for himself. It is quite clear, he does not like Jews, has said so many times, and in many ways. He is known in the Jewish community, as well as it's institutions
an issue ... got it going ..complying with the law and he doesn't come to this issue with clean hands.

Balls? Yes? Brains? No!

He is a willing pawn of real estate developers who have made this a cause because they don't like the concept of historic preservation applied to them.

He has let the original issues and problems become totally lost in a sea of Gay Bashing, which he weakly denies, but has continued to condone an encourage.

It is a witch hunt by a self appointed group of Nazi Storm Troopers... no different than if he was calling for the extermination of Jews or Blacks or Gypsies...

... It is an abomination and nothing to admire...

No matter what Dan may have done... Warren and the others in this thread deserve to have their asses hauled into court and sued for defamation.
[/quote]

Posted on: 2004/10/29 21:21

Anonymous
There is one in the Jersey Journald archives, if you can get to it, of Wrieden with his collection of Christmas Nativity Scenes.

Anonymous
any more photos?

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:

No matter what Dan may have done... Warren and the others in this thread deserve to have their asses hauled into court and sued for defamation.

"No matter what Dan may have done" is going to get the city sued it they don't knock this shit off.

You don't even know wat he has done, as many are afraid to give the details. They would identify them. I am sure the city could be sued.

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017